Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > India- himachal pradesh

Thread Title Search
India- himachal pradesh Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM #1
txuck

txuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the rough
India- himachal pradesh

Hi everyone.... i will be in India for 3 weeks durin august and september...

Im thinking to go to himachal pradesh.... manali, kullu ... malana....or other towns that u sugest me....
Need info about the area,, what to visit, prices of weed and hash... and friendly spots for smokers in the area.... not like places crowd of tourism ... any town that is nice and friendly in the area for smoke and host?? hotels, beer places ( need some beer )

Then i will move south to Agra , Vinares ...etc... how is easy to score in the cities--- bangh shops??

I would like go to GOA or Kerala... but i think that in august- september is the Monzon.... and i should be rainny????

Anyway thanks for your time....

agur
txuck is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2010, 06:50 AM #2
hanuman

hanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura about
Smoke friendly places are all over in himachal. Well you still have to watch out for the police etc, but charras is all over. Although august / september is a bit early for fresh charras.

Go to the parvati valley, just (well 3 to 4 hrs) off Kulu. Don't expect to find beer easily though as it is a traditional hindu area, where it's not easy to find meat, let alone alcohol, unless you can stomach the white "rum" (not rum at all really... they call it "wine" too) that some locals drink. I can't.

Bhang shops yes, you'll find some in Benares/Varanasi. (there used to be a great one on one of the big roundabouts on the main street leading to main ghat). There are official government bhang shops, as well as bhang lassi "bars" (well not really bars but you know what I mean)

As for goa in september, the atmosphere is still very damp and the sea isn't very clear at that time of the year, but I spent a month there in september a few years back and I don't think I saw any rain at all.

The only problem : 3 weeks it much too short a stay for india. Takes you a month or two to get used to the place

hth

h

Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 PM #3
txuck

txuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the roughtxuck is a jewel in the rough
Thanks a lot hanuman.... for 3 weeks im going to spend the trip in parvati valley and then move to Kerala ... provably Varkala i will not go to venares, agra, jaipur....

Any info from kerala and what differents types of weed i can find??
Is varkala a nice place for bodyboarding and smoking??

thans
agur
txuck is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM #4
SEVEN47

SEVEN47 is on a distinguished road
If you wanna get high as soon as you touch down off some bhang hit up one of those "bhaiya" cigaratte stands. Ask for a "bhola" or pronounced as po-la I believe. It will come prepackaged and ready to consume with some spices and salts mixed in. Drop one or two of those babies in a cup of tea and you will be set for a good 6 or more hours. Cost is around 2-3rs per ball. The stand will look something like this.

or could be even more ghetto and look like this

Sometimes they have the goods out in the open, other times its tucked away. Don't get discouraged if you get denied at one location, could be that they just don't have it. I know in northern india(himachal, punjab, haryana) this is easily available.
SEVEN47 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 PM #5
Bubb

Bubb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by txuck View Post
Thanks a lot hanuman.... for 3 weeks im going to spend the trip in parvati valley and then move to Kerala ... provably Varkala i will not go to venares, agra, jaipur....

Any info from kerala and what differents types of weed i can find??
Is varkala a nice place for bodyboarding and smoking??

thans
agur
Hello there!

I was in Varkala some time ago.. It's a great spot for sure, real chillout place, especially during offseason.
Weed is available in Varkala, but atleast in spring the quality wasn't really good.. Allthough I didn't really look for weed, since I had hash brought from Kashmir. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find something to smoke, dont worry, but remember to check stuff before buying it... And ofcourse remember to bargain! (They will ask _atleast_ double price first.)

Beer is available in restaurants, around 150rs for kingfisher strong (600ml bottle).

Oh yes, bodyboarding. Boards cost like 150-300rs for a day, just like sunbeds and umbrellas. Waves are cool, but beware of currents!!!

Ps. watch out for guard patrols! Look around before lighting your spliff.
Bubb is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.