What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto flower where we have natural ditch weed?

Captoaster

Here in nebraska we have the hemp plant here where it is a tall fibrous weed plant that pollenates during the summer. If you were to plant auto flower where they flower before the hemp flowers by starting indoors by using length of growth till flower finish from seed. And the projected date of neighboring hemp weed seeds. Seems like there is at least a window for outdoor grow of autos could be done in a northern climate with a indoor start. How would i find info for weed hemp pollination dates in nebraska latitude? Other thoughts?

Autoflowers flower after a specific number of days after being germinated. Regardless of where they were germinated(indoor/outdoor). I would not think autoflowers are a good way to produce hemp at all.

Hemp should be made at the very start of veg season to maximize stalk height(which is where hemp comes from, the stalk).

Gelado`

Veteran
I'd think there would be variation in flowering times. If you timed it wrong you'd have some seedy buds!

blastfrompast

Veteran
your autos will get pollinated by the hemp....

auto's started a month before last frost indoors will be full on budding when the hemp starts throwing pollen...

you wouldhave to be greenhouse put them out 1 month before last frost essentially to do what you want.

troutman

Seed Whore
The autos you plant may flower before the hemp.

But will they ripen before the hemp releases pollen?

If not, your autos will be pollinated by them.

Good Luck

Stan G.

You should see hemp flowering in October or November I believe.so males probably shoot their load in September or so.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts