What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why don't more states authorize the use of cannabis for opioid addiction?

jlaity

This confuses me a bit so I thought I'd get some opinions. I recently read a local whitepaper, which talked about how states like Massachusetts have legalized the use of medical marijuana to treat opioid addiction. Some of these addiction centers have success rates as high as 75%! I haven't done a lot of research, but I believe other addiction treatments don't even come close to a 75% success rate. Not only that, but other treatment drugs like methadone can be really harmful. I live in PA which legalized medical marijuana, but has not authorized its use for opioid addiction treatment. Why aren't states pushing harder for this when it's so blatantly the right choice?

Source: http://theslocumfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Utilization-of-Cannabis-for-Pain-Relief-and-Opioid-Addiction-White-Paper.pdf?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=whitepaper&utm_campaign=downloadpaper

shithawk420

Veteran
They don't wanna do that cause opioids are the pharmaceutical companies bread and butter.they espicially don't want cannabis to change that

armedoldhippy

Veteran
because the witless fuckheads here still think (actually, they DON'T think) that cannabis is just as "evil" as opioids, just as addictive, and just as dangerous. and no amount of facts will change that.. "I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO THINK IS TRUE, STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME REALIZE MY HEAD IS UP MY ASS" :biggrin: Tennessee- we are on the edge of the Bible belt, the edge of the Sun belt, and slap in the fucking heart of the Raging Moron belt. (to be honest, mostly the politicians are that way. most folks on the street are aghast at some of the thngs our pols do.)

geneva_sativa

Maybe half-wits believe the Reefer Madness song and dance, but the people in power know goddamn well that it is a useful and powerful medicine.

Nixon's commission reported as much, and even went as far to say that it should not be illegal.

So many scientific studies have proven its benefits, and yet, what do we hear from the media here in 2000 fucking 17 ?

Backpedalling and more Reefer Madness.

Why is that ?

big pharma. . . market control. . . the heroin mafia. . . keeping people in the dark

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They don't wanna do that cause opioids are the pharmaceutical companies bread and butter.they espicially don't want cannabis to change that

:yeahthats

Until Big Pharma gets the control they desire, for cannabis, there will be a backlash by the powers that be.

St. Phatty

In some states the doctors now force the patient to sign a statement saying,
"I will not consume any cannabis EVER",
before giving a prescription for even a non-opioid anti-inflammatory.

Easy7

Veteran
They have a different understanding and attitude towards suffering. Courts and legislatures do not car about perceived suffering that doesn't hurt their funding.

They also have zero understanding of complex issues.

St. Phatty

I think all of this is an example of the "Peter Principle" at the organizational level.

When an organization, like a US state, comes to stand between People and their Health ... what is the purpose of that State again ?

Quite obviously, the purpose of so many organizations, becomes to survive - even when they have outlived their usefulness.

When a State or organization ceases to make sense ... it kind of leaves the citizens as Free & Independent, by Default ... like Sovereign Citizens.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
When a State or organization ceases to make sense ... it kind of leaves the citizens as Free & Independent, by Default ... like Sovereign Citizens.

It takes BALLS OF STEEL to try that Sovereign Citizens stuff on a pig intent on getting to know you.haha

I've seen it work once but......not by default.

I do agree though, but I think if they stop making sense, then there no longer any logical reason for me to converse with them for any reason. Avoid them as much as possible. Just like always, since I started smoking weed as a kid.

I'd be growing in the front yard if they had any sense, forget making any.

I do like fucking with cops though!lol:biggrin:

Growing up i could ask my neighors to borrow anything from coffee to cannabis flowers.
One thing i hate is when the man tries to involve themselves in anything citizens ran "underground" so well while i was being raised.
Monsanto, big pharma, and these types of mindsets they promote are a cancer in tge american body thats metastised way too much!
Cannabis is a great tool for many things!
The only differance between poison and medicine is dosage!

OldPhart

.... but I think if they stop making sense, then there no longer any logical reason for me to converse with them for any reason. Avoid them as much as possible. Just like always, since I started smoking weed as a kid.

That is a very good policy, I will not answer any questions or make any statements to police. Here is a video by a fast talking law professor that makes some very good points why you need to keep your trap shut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik I'm sure we have all heard the saying "anything you say will be used against you", notice that they do not say that it can be use to help you?? That is because it can NOT help you in anyway, and isn't admissible. I think this video should be played in every high school classroom.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It's always wise to say as close to nothing as you can.

You can't imagine how many in the crew I worked with didn't understand what remain silent ment. Some knew but most had to be told what it meant. They mostly thought it meant to start lying your ass off!haha fkn geniuses! The look on their face when they realized how bad it would be when nobody's story matched!

Some of these guys were hustling for a long time by then too. We started making sure they knew right away regardless who vouched for them.

I go over it with the the GF 2-3 times a year. Just to be sure.

Cops know nothing till they get some info. I tell her to let them arrest you with nothing but a name.

she can answer no, but only if they ask if she's armed.

She can ask for her phone call, but I'd rather her just do the time and prove what a down ass bitch she really is!! Haha

Easy7

Veteran
The cop I met tonight was huge!

He's a cool dude. I just need off the drugs. Tobacco has a lot of US MILITARY meaning being clover fags and all that.

We gotta rat on this hole entire mafia!

Latest posts

Latest posts