What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malignant melanoma oil treatment? Any experience?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I hear you, I'm not your age yet but the dermatologist starting cutting shit off of me 20 years ago. I've lived in Florida almost all my life and spend a ton of time in and on the water with few clothes on (just the way it is down here).

I get checked every year and tell them to take anything that looks even slightly suspicious. Been lucky so far, nothing cancerous, just pre-cancerous but I bet I've got close to 20 biopsy sites and a couple where they had to go back more than once. And I don't expect it to get any better as I get older and as I get older my insurance just covers less and less and less......

BudToaster

Veteran
i've always been in the mid-atlantic area, and it wasn't summer until i had gotten a sunburn ... at least until i was 19. now i read that even one childhood sunburn is thought to be a trigger for melanoma in later life. i didn't know anything about melanoma until my dad died of it 27 years ago at age 74. it's been a learning experience for me since then about all things nutrition, fitness and health related. There was nothing Johns Hopkins Hospital could do for him back then. it was pretty quick ... he fell like a tree.

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
With all due respect to your father, he was a lucky man. I've lived long enough to see cancer put some people through things I would never wish on anyone.

If one sunburn is the trigger, I'm a dead man walking - can't even begin to count them all. Only consoling fact is that I tend to burn once and then tan for the rest of the year. But I repeated that cycle from age 6 through most of my life and I know it's only a matter of time for me, just gotta hope I can keep catching it early.

BudToaster

Veteran
i agree he was lucky ... died in his own bed in his home with family around - a role model for me when my time comes.

saw my BFF dermatologist this morning to get a 4mm punch biopsy on my other (left) arm - one stitch.

one more week and i should be able to start exercising again, after my left tibia fracture 5 weeks ago - unrelated to this topic ... just part of getting old, it seems.

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Best wishes for a good biopsy result my friend! It's never fun waiting for the word....

BudToaster

Veteran
just got the results of the biopsy for gf - the malignant melanoma is actually in situ - so the re-excision should have gotten all of the melanoma cells.

Now, did the 4 weeks of cannabis dabs (i call it a dab, but it was just a decarboxylated extraction taken orally) - taking about .3g per day since 4/14/17 - make a difference? well, as with most things medical, who the fuck knows. However, after reading the original pathology report, it seemed to me it could be in situ, but when i mentioned this possibility to the surgeon prior to the re-excision, he scoffed and said clearly it was NOT in situ.

the dermatologist said the same thing: it is NOT in situ.

and yet it was ...

Well, whatever, we got the result we wanted - i want to believe the cannabis had a hand in the outcome.

also got my biopsy result today - not melanoma - i keep a constant level of thc in my system via vaporizing.

Last edited:

cyat

Veteran
just got the results of the biopsy for gf - the malignant melanoma is actually in situ - so the re-excision should have gotten all of the melanoma cells.

Now, did the 4 weeks of cannabis dabs (i call it a dab, but it was just a decarboxylated extraction taken orally) - taking about .3g per day since 4/14/17 - make a difference? well, as with most things medical, who the fuck knows. However, after reading the original pathology report, it seemed to me it could be in situ, but when i mentioned this possibility to the surgeon prior to the re-excision, he scoffed and said clearly it was NOT in situ.

the dermatologist said the same thing: it is NOT in situ.

and yet it was ...

Well, whatever, we got the result we wanted - i want to believe the cannabis had a hand in the outcome.

also got my biopsy result today - not melanoma - i keep a constant level of thc in my system via vaporizing.

For skin issues topically is the way to go, eating it won't get rid of growths. Have you watched run from the cure? Why not try it the way Rick teaches , a way that is already proven to work instead of experimenting ?

cyat

Veteran
Internally for other than skin cancer , 1 gram a day is the minimum. You did a third of a gram ,if the potency is right you would be baked out of your mind.if you weren't then it's too weak

BudToaster

Veteran
For skin issues topically is the way to go, eating it won't get rid of growths. Have you watched run from the cure? Why not try it the way Rick teaches , a way that is already proven to work instead of experimenting ?

i have watched RFTC - several years ago.

after the initial biopsy this was no longer a skin issue and a topical application would have not treated the sub-skin extent of the melanoma.

i would have loved to treat with 1g per day, we were working up to that - gf was pretty baked as it was ... more herb was not available immediately anyway.

thanks for your comments. i'm satisfied with how this played out. and i will discuss more about this with both doctors.

BudToaster

Veteran
Okay - final report from doctors ...

First up, the dermatologist - i was going to get a suture removed from my punch biopsy (pathology negative), but the RN removed the suture, dr. was with someone and the waiting room was filling up, so we had to just leave. Drat!

Second, the surgeon - this was today - finally! got to see the pathology report (where's a hacker when you really need him?) - not enough detail for my anal retentive mind, but ... the re-excision appears to have removed all the melanoma - in situ and no residual invasive melanoma. And the size of the chunk removed: 57mm x 57mm by 20mm to 27mm deep. damn, that's a big piece.

so, i asked if he was surprised by this pathology report, specifically, was it better than he expected. He said it was better. So i mentioned the 4 weeks of .3g daily dose of cannabis qwet - he got that smile that doctors get when they hear someone talk about shaman "medicine" (treatment, actually), and he made lots of comments about cannabis not being rigorously tested - yes, all accounts are anecdotal - this from a man who wrote a paper about a different folk medicine and how efficacious it is. And people dying from some other alternative treatments - all non-medical treatments being the same. Better to rely on diet and exercise. which gf and i both do - and have for 20+ years. i tried to press on about immunotherapy but didn't get anywhere.

i've learned just enough medical vocabulary reading Wikipedia, and my method of asking questions is too ??? (challenging, abrupt), that doctors don't want to talk to me much.

summary ... well, it feeds my bias, but i do think the cannabis helped in this situation, and i would not hesitate to use again - for anything the anecdotal reports claim it helps.

and there is a 3000 year history of cannabis use. which coincidently (or not?) is when it is postulated that man became conscious - with the loss of the bicameral mind. "The Origin of Consciousness" Julian Jaynes.

just adding an anecdote for the internet's collective mind.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear the news! Have a friend struggling with pancreatic/liver cancer. Made RSO for him.

There are published reports, numerous from Israel, taking medical cannabis/treatment to the next level.

Great to know another person of "anecdotal" evidence. Will mainstream medicine adopt it as a viable treatment....no, because more Big Pharma $$ can be made with synthetics.

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
he got that smile that doctors get when they hear someone talk about shaman "medicine" (treatment, actually), and he made lots of comments about cannabis not being rigorously tested

Not going to reveal a ton of personal info, but I've spent almost the last month with a family member in the hospital and rehab recovering from taking a prescription medication - for acid reflux.

The doctor nonchalantly said: "Its well tolerated by 99% of the people who take it."

Trust me when I tell you it sucks to be that 1%

But yeah, let's get all high and mighty about a medicine that's "not rigorously tested".

WTF - millions of people "test" it every day!!

I've been asking doctors about cannabis for about 20 years. Not one ever freaked out and told me it would kill me, most lectured me on the smoking aspect. A few were essentially cool with it but as it has become a more accepted form of medicine, I've heard more and more about it's "lack of clinical trials" and "inconclusive anecdotal results".

Just like big pharma, many doctors are seeing cannabis as a threat to their revenues and if they have no chance to push pills and make follow up appointments because cannabis happens to work better, well..... you get the picture.

There are far too many people in western medicine for the money rather than for the love or interest in medicine and people. If you're not wise and careful about your choice of physician, you're just a human lab rat for a pill chucker as he "practices" medicine.