What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump can't do much to stop weed legalization at this point.

The threat wasn't wrt MMJ but rather wrt retail cannabis. Sessions has to start there if he's to turn back the clock. MMJ has been mostly safe from the Feds since the Cole memo & the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment to DoJ funding. They'll still bust people who aren't in compliance with State law.

there's a lot of growers in the emerald triangle that are totally following state regulations and the cops will come in cut down every plant and call in the feds - they can say "this is too much for personal" even if they are under the limits and in compliance...
this has been going on for YEARS. Where I live about 4-5 years ago they shut down almost every dispensary. Nobody gave a shit.

I see this is similar to alcohol prohibition but cannabis is much less harmful to the body - there should be a way for the people to change the law since Trump did say "I'm giving the government back to the people" - so hold Trump accountable and reach out to legislators and congress.
Maybe if we actually work together we can head towards progress.

The threat wasn't wrt MMJ but rather wrt retail cannabis. Sessions has to start there if he's to turn back the clock. MMJ has been mostly safe from the Feds since the Cole memo & the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment to DoJ funding. They'll still bust people who aren't in compliance with State law.

I am not aware of "Cole memo & the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment to DoJ funding" - I have to do some research on that. Thanks for your post.

By it being illegal, people have to turn to spice, which slightly ruin the brain.

I know a few who switched to spice because of job drug testing and man It's some nasty stuff - we called it camp fire since that's what it smells like - dudes would smoke blunts of that stuff - I saw some people cool people change into some pretty nasty people over that stuff it's really gross...

igrowone

Veteran
did anyone else see this part of Sessions illegal again vision?
seems the motto 'just say no' has been talked about favourably
back to the good ole days, with a good old boy

Jhhnn

Veteran
I think if I was Sessions and I was serious about weed. and Trump was too busy watching TV to give any orders, I would crack down on the states themselves, like your beloved Colorado, and start withholding federal money for non compliance with federal law.

The AG can't withhold federal funding to the states. That's outside his job description entirely. Congress can & I suspect the Prez can too in limited circumstances.

Jhhnn

Veteran
there's a lot of growers in the emerald triangle that are totally following state regulations and the cops will come in cut down every plant and call in the feds - they can say "this is too much for personal" even if they are under the limits and in compliance...
this has been going on for YEARS. Where I live about 4-5 years ago they shut down almost every dispensary. Nobody gave a shit.

I see this is similar to alcohol prohibition but cannabis is much less harmful to the body - there should be a way for the people to change the law since Trump did say "I'm giving the government back to the people" - so hold Trump accountable and reach out to legislators and congress.
Maybe if we actually work together we can head towards progress.

I get all that. The Feds aren't busting people who are state compliant. OTOH, if the locals say you're not compliant they'll adopt the case & break your balls off because it's a slam dunk in Federal Court. You can't argue that you're compliant in that venue. If the locals don't act then nothing happens.

Yeh, sure, it's all around chickenshit but it starts with the local cops. It didn't help that Melinda Haag, the regional US Attorney, was all for it, either.

There is a way for people to change the law. That's by forcing Congress to act via more state level legalization. Trump sure as Hell won't do anything- he knew who Sessions was before naming him AG.

shaggyballs

Veteran
So let get this straight no sugar coating here, under the new legalization laws, cops can come to you house because they are there for a compliance check (everyone get a compliance check), cops find you non compliant (even if you are) and call in the DEA.
Now your in federal court for who knows how many federally illegal plants and up shits creek without a paddle.
does that sound about right.

Current Cannabis Legalization what a gem!

Jhhnn

Veteran
So let get this straight no sugar coating here, under the new legalization laws, cops can come to you house because they are there for a compliance check (everyone get a compliance check), cops find you non compliant (even if you are) and call in the DEA.
Now your in federal court for who knows how many federally illegal plants and up shits creek without a paddle.
does that sound about right.

Current Cannabis Legalization what a gem!

Dunno about other states but it's basically driven by complaints & stupid shit here in CO. The weird thing is that people can be state compliant but not locally compliant & that's not something the Feds get in the middle of. It's apparently not difficult to grow legally under extended plant counts & caregiver laws in some jurisdictions but I can't say for sure having never done it.

They all have wood for carpetbaggers shipping out of state, bet on that.

angelgoob

the goverment says it has no medicinal value, but they say you can't sell CBD medicinally because it's being researched. lol

oldchuck

Veteran
The AG can't withhold federal funding to the states. That's outside his job description entirely. Congress can & I suspect the Prez can too in limited circumstances.

You're right about that, Jhhnn. But tell me if you think Trump might not just sign any order that Sessions or Bannon stick in front of him/ And, well, hard right wing congress. Might take them longer but there are no bad things I would put past them.

angelgoob

If trump walked in and tried stopping me from actually smoking cannabis I would stop for about a minute to talk to him, but then back to blazing a minute after he leaves. lol

Jhhnn

Veteran
You're right about that, Jhhnn. But tell me if you think Trump might not just sign any order that Sessions or Bannon stick in front of him/ And, well, hard right wing congress. Might take them longer but there are no bad things I would put past them.

I figure they're not after us but they need ways to solidify their voting base, hence the noise. They're after the money, honey- the money used to support all kinds of programs that benefit people in need & the common good. Cut, cut CUT! so that America's wealthiest can have tax cuts they don't need in the slightest. And they'll hack the shit out of environmental regs & financial regs so it's easier for billionaires to make even more money at the expense of everybody else.

It's the Ownership Society all over again & they aim for the rest of us to be completely owned after this time around.

igrowone

Veteran
hate to dredge up the other political stuff, but it's part of the dynamic
healthcare legislation has become critical for the trumpet, looking not good at the moment
so how does he react if that goes down in defeat tomorrow?
in politics you need to get the eyes off the smoking wreck
start a war? kind of traditional actually, let's just hope it's not a new drug war

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Lets not forget the federal government owns two patents for cannabis. The DEA recently reviewed the scheduling of cannabis and decided to keep it schedule 1. They also decided to add CBD as a schedule 1 drug.
Big league stupid.

Drug policy creates money (civil asset forfeiture) and jobs (police, prisons, courts, etc) so of course big government is going to be in on it.

-Funk

angelgoob

Now the kids are going to be smoking reefer spliffs AKA jazz cabbage in cigarette form.

Now they're all going to be dumb by 5 IQ points.

Plus there is a new injectable form that lasts 10 hrs but can kill u.

And we all know the older folk are now partaking. Degrading American culture and whatnot.

They've stopped going to church and a worshipping Bob Marley.

Do kick flips, not weed spliffs.

St. Phatty

As long as asset forfeiture laws and federal banking regulations are used to take away Cannabis users & producers rights ... it ain't much free.

Easy7

Veteran
We know it's all about social/culture control. They do a piss poor job at all that too! They want such a tight well controlled society that they just crush people into constant rebellion. Gotta be much more realistic and smart about interacting with population.

They don't want prescription heroin due to the culture that started the junkie. They have had much stronger drugs that are just as dangerous. Such as diluided and oxycontin. Then they want to do the same thing with kratom isolates. Modify the natural chemicals and put extremely expensive patents on those. They'll push those drugs so hard to doctors to push on patients. They'll believe all the bullshit and get fat as fuck campaign donations with other icing on the cake.

In Ohio they are controlling cannabis so much that it will be ineffective for serious chronic pain. Patients will be limited in their yearly supply and they won't allow home growing. This serious fucks over the patients totally.

They need to relax and let public policy be how they secretly allow themselves to behave. The politicians that is what I mean by 'they'. I don't know why they are so damn afraid of people being people!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We know it's all about social/culture control. They do a piss poor job at all that too! They want such a tight well controlled society that they just crush people into constant rebellion. Gotta be much more realistic and smart about interacting with population.

The politicians that is what I mean by 'they'. I don't know why they are so damn afraid of people being people!

reminds me of the scene in "Easy Rider" where Jack Nicholson, Dennis Hopper & Peter Fonda are sitting around the fire getting ripped. Jack says "the people in this country talk about wanting to be "free", but when they see someone that IS free it scares the hell out of them...":tiphat: