What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It helped my daughter overnight!!

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
wow, much respect for staying strong and doing whats best for your daughter and not listening to the quacks...
there´s a little youtube clip i watched the other day from a association in Michigan and a Dr. who says that the Endocannabinoid System Regulates many processes in our Body, for example the immune system and with CBD consumption like juicing leafs from cbd strains, we can rid many symptoms!

Here is a quick and interesting read i just found via google:

What Does It Do?
Interestingly, the endocannabinoid system is not unique to the human species. Rather, research has shown that this system is common to all humans and vertebrate animals – and even some invertebrate animals – suggesting its significance in the process of evolution. Experts believe that natural selection has conserved the endocannabinoid system in living organisms for 500 million years.

Although the endocannabinoid system affects a wide variety of biological processes (such as appetite and sleep), experts believe that its overall function is to regulate homeostasis.

Homeostasis is a key element in the biology of all living things and is best described as the ability to maintain stable internal conditions that are necessary for survival. Disease is simply a result of some aspect of failure in achieving homeostasis, making the endocannabinoid system a unique target for medical applications.

http://www.truthonpot.com/2013/03/22/the-endocannabinoid-system-an-overview/

and explaination of the Endocannabinoid System:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20925267

nothing really new but always nice to see more light being shed on this!!

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts.
Yes, flu mist or flu vaccine can cross the blood brain barrier causing the white blood cells to attack the basal ganglia. This causes swelling, which creates the neurological symptoms. Took us a year to find a doctor who believed in this. Most just say "when there are 3 or more tics, we call that Tourette's".
Well, she didn't have Tourette's before her Flu vaccine. Coincidence??
I grew Harlequin, and made a coconut oil tincture. 1:1 THC CBD ratio.
It was a hard decision to try this medicine. She has been tool for years how bad cannabis is. Even told in school last year that Medical Marijuana is bad.
Also putting our livelihood at risk due to my job. But that's a risk I must take.

DirtFingers

I was told it was just Harlequin. My buddy that gave it to me got it in Colorado about a year and a half ago from cutting.
I did 2oz Harlequin simmered in 20oz coconut oil for 6 hrs. The test results came back at 2.5 mg. THC, 1.4 mg THCa, 2.45 mg CBD, 4.6 mg CBDa.
I could heat it more to convert the remaining CBDa and THCa, but the doc says try just using it as is, because it has THCa as well. I may heat it higher in the next batch I make.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I was told it was just Harlequin. My buddy that gave it to me got it in Colorado about a year and a half ago from cutting.
I did 2oz Harlequin simmered in 20oz coconut oil for 6 hrs. The test results came back at 2.5 mg. THC, 1.4 mg THCa, 2.45 mg CBD, 4.6 mg CBDa.
I could heat it more to convert the remaining CBDa and THCa, but the doc says try just using it as is, because it has THCa as well. I may heat it higher in the next batch I make.

learn how to make proper medicine at Graywolf's site.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Bmac1

Veteran
I am very glad for you and your family that you made the decision to think outside the box and are reaping the rewards for it. I hope for continued results and relief for your daughter.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
learn how to make proper medicine at Graywolf's site.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Agreed. While the process you used obviously worked, there are better, more precise recipes. By increasing the efficiency of the decarb, you'll actually need much less to achieve the same effect. This will make your precious medicine last longer. It's all about the time vs temp ratio. The guess work has already been eliminated for us. There's a handy graph that shows the conversion rate across time at different temperatures.
...and actually, everything else on skunkpharm is mandatory reading also. Tons of valuable information presented very well.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
thx for the reply... if you say simmer it would be around 180F ruffly,
did the product not look dark black & nearly burnt after 6hrs? Id be worried about transfat and other chemical formations like Acrolein with cooking bud in fats that long, but
coconut oil is a good choice, it can be heated very high, but still maybe worth checkin other options! peace

dddaver

Veteran
Although there is only good intent by everyone referring you to skunkfarm, let's keep in mind the primary thing in this was the successful result. If other chemicals resulted in cooking too long...so what? It worked. It is easy to get lost in the processes, but my advice is to retain your initial method. Maybe tweak it some, but keep it. While possible improvement in yield might be had, the proof is in the pudding. That method helped your daughter. Good on ya.

Thanks for that link to skunkfarm though chunky, it's bookmarked now. I have seen that graph elsewhere too. Also, some people (myself included, much to my kids chagrin :biggrin:) don't and won't ever do FB.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
re-reading your post now and you mention it at the beginning.. a flue shot via a mist spray did this!? wow, thats one more proof of the vaccines being mostly harmful than good!
and one gets pressured into giving ones children around 10 different vaccines until they are 5yrs old...

Most of them require multiple shots too. As the vaccine schedule has changed and become more aggressive, autoimmune disorders have risen at the exact same time. Not to mention other mental issues like OCD, Autism, ADD etc.

Vaccines have some obvious benefits, but they have barely been tested for safety in a proper double blind way. Every study showing they are safe has been total junk too if you know how to read them and understand a bit about statistics and study design.

Anyway, I'm really quite glad to hear the OP has had success with this.

I am a diabetic on the spectrum, I suspect partly why is the shots I was given when I was kid. Cannabis has always helped me in many ways.

It seems to help a lot of people with autoimmune disorders in general. As well as the mental conditions I mentioned. It's interesting because they have done some brain imaging of people on the spectrum and their brains are wired completely differently. They have many more connections between cells. Interestingly, a recent study on cannabis showed that users showed some of these same traits. Which seems to indicate a potential link somewhere to me - certainly worth following up on given the piles of anecdotal evidence (and some journals) suggesting it's benefits for people with these issues.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Yes, we recently did just that, and we now have ACDC that just went into flower.

I really wouldn't. I get the wanting to connect, but you just described a situation where you open yourself up to so much risk. Nothing on facebook is really private. I would run far far away from that group if you are in an illegal state. Far far far away.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
I really wouldn't. I get the wanting to connect, but you just described a situation where you open yourself up to so much risk. Nothing on facebook is really private. I would run far far away from that group if you are in an illegal state. Far far far away.

he has a point, in a illegal state you gotta watch out with this!!
wouldnt trust FB, its a spying tool..
take care

DirtFingers

he has a point, in a illegal state you gotta watch out with this!!
wouldnt trust FB, its a spying tool..
take care

I completely agree about FB, thanks.
We are in a legal state, and that was the only way to obtain that the strain suggested by the Dr.
We have not visited that group since.
Even in a legal state, how long will we be able to trust the Federal level to abide by the state laws.
They could change their tune tomorrow.

GrnEyes

I'm happy that you are having such a positive experience. Props to you for having the guts to try the alternatives to conventional pharmaceuticals. I really do wish more parents would have the guts / wisdom to try this amazing plant for their children. My sister has a son with ADD and a non-cancerous tumor behind his eye that is putting so much pressure on the optic nerve that he is pretty much blind in that eye. She is so close-minded that it disgusts me. She won't even read about the benefits. I am a firm believer in the medicinal benefits of cannabis.

soil margin

Veteran
Just saw this thread for the first time, wanted to say congrats to you and your family DirtFingers. It's awesome to see people improving their health and quality of life with a natural, safe and organic medicine like cannabis. Hope your daughter continues feeling better in the future.