What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Jay's Jackassery

Mr Jay

Veteran
Thanks MrNiceSmoke! If the tent gets overflowed with a girl party I'll leave four in the tent and toss the rest outside.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Thanks mckb! I'll try to get some pictures up later tonight, the guirls are progressing nicely.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Okay everybody, here's how the kids are doing!
picture.php

Eight of them made it up, the two missing due to user error..heh..whoops.

All of them are picking up growth exponentially and doing awesome so far! I wanted to slap my 2x4bulb t5 in there, but the temps are cruising around 84-87 as it is and I don't want to have to turn the fan up.

Here's a whole tent shot
picture.php

I'm not sure if I already explained the genetics behind druins, but they are a cross of SAH's own SBR-70 and Dragon Master's Thunder Dragon.

Now onto the dresser cab.
picture.php

That's two MI5 x Bad Betty on the left and two chronic ryders on the right. They are being grown through their whole life in 32oz cups as part of a competition on another site. I planned on them growing in the TLO soil their whole life with just water, but I'm going to need to hit them with some organic liquid nutes soon, so hungry!

Behind the 32oz autos is where the bonsai moms live.
picture.php

There they are! This is what I mean by you don't have to choose just autos or just photoperiod plants. The two are not mutually exclusive and can be used in unison to save space and time. My vege cab produces bud while photo plants are vegging in there at the same time, how about yours?

So far the best smoke out of all the moms I took from the last run is the B4 (Bluedream x chem4) from MTG seeds. Thanks for the testers guys!

Oh, here's a pic of the two best autos from the dresser cab.
picture.php

Mi5 x Bad Betty on the left, chronic ryder on the right.

That's all for now, I'm afraid I must go fishing.

Looks great brother! The LED and smaller pots gives a nice compact plant.
You do good work :)
Do you know what ph you are running?

Mr Jay

Veteran
Looks great brother! The LED and smaller pots gives a nice compact plant.
You do good work :)
Do you know what ph you are running?

The plants in the tent aren't in their final pot, and those are 32oz containers so it's not terribly small for an auto start. Once sexed they will be up potted to two or three gallon pots of True Living Organic Soil. The CFL/Pl-l cab with the final pot 32oz cups does give a great compact plant though!

6.5, on the nose. I use a control wizard accurate 8 ph soil probe. A lil spendy at 50-60 bucks, but it works like a god damn charm. I highly recommend them for anyone growing in organic soil. I use it in my veggie garden and pepper/tomato potting soil as well.

diggin those crosses and the structures Mr. Jay
The Mi5 x Bad Betty is a replica of another cross I made before, MI5 x Mossy's Jems.

Bad Bettys are Jems that have been dropped back into photoperiod and worked for a few generations before being bred back into auto. This is the first time I've grown them out and I'm super excited to see the results. She sure is going for it, she's gonna get that light!

The Druins are a cross made by a member of the Dragon Master Company and I'm super excited to see how they turn out. I've heard great things about both parents and hope the SBR-70 bumps up the production on the thunders.

Pot isn't addictive, but I've got a plant in almost every room in the house... Growing it sure as hell is :dance013:

mckb024

There they are! This is what I mean by you don't have to choose just autos or just photoperiod plants. The two are not mutually exclusive and can be used in unison to save space and time. My vege cab produces bud while photo plants are vegging in there at the same time, how about yours?

good stuff, and thats the thing lots of people don't understand. extra bud in the veg room is a no brainer. peace

Mr Jay

Veteran
Yup. I get that big time guys with whole grow rooms and multiple lights never run out of bud, but I'm a two bit small-timer for sure and it's saved my ass before. Someday soon I'll be OMMP compliant, but it cost too damn much right now. Gee, let's not encourage an illicit market, shall we?

Where was I? This beer taste rant-y.

O

OKD

...Pot isn't addictive, but I've got a plant in almost every room in the house... Growing it sure as hell is :dance013:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN brother! We just can't have enough space! Enjoying the info. Oh, I can't resist, sorry:

Whooah Bad Betty, bambalam!
[YOUTUBEIF]http://youtu.be/t22wGvzdi8g[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mr Jay

Veteran
FOUR YEARS IN THE FUTURE-URE-URE-URE.....

I'm back baby! I'll be growing some autos on my roof because why not.

Gotta mix some soil up, bee seeing y'all real soon.

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
I'm lazy, but I like damn fine bud. My solution to this is to mix up TLO soil and just water/feed a lil fish throughout their life.
picture.php

Promix HP bale
50lbs worm poop
1-2 cf perlite
10+ cups dolomite
3 cups azomite
lots of alfalfa
lots of guano
lots of organic fert mixes
fish mix
greensand
Ect...

Ph is just about perfect
picture.php

So let's wrap this thing up and let it cook till June. In the mean time let's make some seedling soil.
picture.php

A lil Happy Frog, a lil dolomite ( a LOT) a lil worm poo.
picture.php

This will be my last year using happy frog or foxfarms anything. The quality of their product has turned to absolute shit and isn't worth a penny. This bag of happy frog, like the last ten or so, is nothing but uncomposted bark and tons of rocks. The PH out of the bag was 5.1. I was under the impression this was an organic soil and not a hydro medium. I'll be making everything from scratch with promix from now on, they make a quality base product.

Fuck you FoxFarms, those dollar signs in your eyes ruined your product.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Not much going on at the ranch. The soil is still outside cooking and it's still chilly in these mountains. I've got some seeds I popped for fun while I wait, everything sitting under a 4 bub two foot T5.

There's some MI5 seedlings, c99Fire auto, bagseeds from dispensaries (wedding cake, black cherry soda), some CH Kush (highrise testers, think they are chocolate kush), and lastly some 20+ year old bagseed from a dead family friend. Found an old seedy stash when I was cleaning out the garage and decided to pop them why not?

picture.php

MI5 the first out the gate, as always.
picture.php

That's all I have for now. I'm in the middle of reorganizing the storage room so I can get to building a new all-in-one cab, with the wife's blessings of course. LED is the future, cabs just keep getting better.

Mr Jay

Veteran
You know VP, I've been asking myself the same question :thinking:

I spent some time on a site that specializes in autoflowers, then spent time on another doing beta testing for Highrise gear, then I took a break when it went legal so i could focus on my career.

Well, my career stinks and I'm not happy unless I'm growing bud, so I'm back!
:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts