What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Anxiety Patient - help with seeds, advice please.

scurvey888

Good afternoon,

First off thanks to those reading and thanks to ICMAG for being one of the best information sources for mj around!

I've been on the forums for a while now - mainly observing/reading/learning so much.

I'll first cut to the chase then provide some more backgroud below.

I'm looking for seeds or product that would be good for treating generalized anti-anxiety.
I'm currently living in Guyana, South America, via a "peaceful" volunteer organization based out of the States. My lifestyle is quite basic and minimal and income is a virtual zero. MJ is available in plenty in the country I live - however, nearly all I have had are strong sativa, racy, heady local strains (good for some but tend to wreak havok with anxiety for me).

What I need help with:
1. I've done quite a bit of reading on the forums and the top recommendations I saw for seeds seem to include:
sweet tooth; mandala; any blueberry; any strawberry; white rhino; NL#5 x Blueberry; Strawberry cough; satori; Afghooey, grape ape, grapefruit.
Any other recommendations?

2. as stated, I live abroad (will be stateside for a month in June - then back again another year).
Is there anyway I could trade some of the local tropical sativa seeds that I have collected/amassed here for some of the above mentioned seeds? How could I go about that? any recommendations or advice? Stateside or otherwise? I probably have well over 300 hard, healthy seeds from locally grown tropical heavy sativas and could easily collect/obtain more seeds.
My thought was if I could obtain some quality seeds I could give a shot at growing outdoors here (its pretty much 12/12 here year round, either sunny or rainy). I think I could try to do some micro-backyard growing upon my return. I was thinking of trading as I'm a volunteer with very little income/disposable cash and I do not live/come from a medical mj state.

3. If I was somehow able to obtain some medicine for the month I'm home in June is there any way I could send/take with me the medicine back to south america? (I'm not stressed about transporting seeds - but product not so sure about?)

4. Just as an FYI - due to the nature of my volunteer work - I'm unable to go through regular physician channels/recommendations for medical marijuana due to restrictions/threat of being kicked out of service. More background below.

More background:
I have a strong family history of generalized anxiety. I've gone through personal counseling/therapy, practice meditation/relaxation, and am on a vegetable/fruit based diet. Currently taking daily multi-vitamins. Limit processed everything (mainly due to where I'm living currently). Over the last 5 years I've made significant progress and in general have a good head space.
Nonetheless, I still seems to suffer from general feelings of anxiety that ebb and flow. I lived in Seattle WA for two years prior to starting my volunteer service and during that time I regularly medicated with Blue Dream, Green Crack, and White Rhino - all of which helped immensely. Really grounded me and made me feel like myself, if that makes sense.
After going nearly two years without, and trying to use various strategies to cope, I'm looking towards medical MJ to help. I have no desire whatsoever to get involved in RX drugs.

Any help or advice/perspective would greatly be appreciated. My internet access is somewhat limited but I will try to get on as much as I can. I can include my personal email if that would be helpful/useful.

Many thanks, peace, and love,
Scurvey

theJointedOne

Veteran
eat healthy
meditate/breathe
exercise daily
work hard
maintain healthy personal relationships/partnerships
have good sex
stop worrying about the kind of herb
take one hit of herb at a time.
your not going to have a heart attack or any other health concern come up from ingesting cannabis, your mind is very powerful, so enjoy it in a positive way.

try to think why you may have anxiety other than for the kind of herb, then realize its not the herb doing this...

it sounds like you hvae most of the important stuff down, just try to focus on what in your life is making you feel this way, if its just that your afraid your having a heart attack or similar..then dont worry, your not

Sir_Syzurp

If you have GAD stay away from Strawberry Cough or anything with potential to put out a racey high... Have run a few different cuts of the Cough and have yet to come across one that doesn't effect anxiety (I know this because my wife is diagnosed with GAD and panic attacks) and has tried every cut and version of the Strawberry Cough I could get my hands on and every single one sends her in to a panic attack (even if she has no clue its Strawberry C she still panics) so I know its not a placebo effect only a few strains do it to her, which are most Hazes and Thais, Strawberry cough, Jack Herer, and NYC Diesel.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Don't rule out sativas and sativa hybrids. I know the common perception is indicas cause no raciness or anxiety but that's not true(for me). I've medicated at night with the skywalkers, pure kushes, OGs and felt anxiety and heart pressures, even sleeplessness. I see you've tried Sativa dominants like Green Crack(a favorite), Blue Dream, White Rhino and they helped. Usually the sativa rush subsides after 20 minutes anyway and unless it's a really pure sativa there's not all that much raciness(for me). But they really help relieve stress, maintain focus and creativity plus add energy and motivation. Then, after a couple hours I find myself very relaxed and usually absent my typical anxiety. So for me part of the benefit is the way I feel 90 minutes to 3 hours after I use a sativa so I'm not worried about the initial rush that sometimes feels a little nervous(I know it won't last).

Recently I used AK47 and a while later ended up in LA traffic. I couldn't believe how relaxed I was the entire time, no anxiety whatsoever. And that's with AK, a mostly landrace sativa hybrid(presumably).

I've gotten to where I use sativas at night, and pass on my jars of relatively boring, sometimes anxiety producing indicas.

The one "indica" I see on your list I would recommend is Sweet Tooth, as long as it's some rendition of Sweet Tooth #3. That's a winner, and not imo a heavy indica. I've also had it as ST#3 x Ak47 a few years ago and that was probably the finest effect I've had since the Colombians and Thais of the 70s.

As for transporting, check the laws of Guyana. If they are god awful brutal over marijuana then you don't want to risk it, unfortunately. But if they aren't going to search your bags on entry and you have a small amount sealed in something like a Food Saver bag then again in another very small case you'll probably not be detected. However, if Guyana is like Dubai and would send you to prison for years, it's definitely not worth the risk.

I'm confused though, I would think some of the local weed in Guyana could be found and probably very helpful as well. Did I miss something, is there a reason you wouldn't look for it locally? Maybe you will end up taking "enough" with you, knowing that you'll be able to find something down there.

What strains have you found there in Guyana? Would love to hear what seeds you have.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Pick up a good vaporizer as well.

I've heard great reports about people not having the anxiety issues with the same smoke, as long as they vape it.

Doesn't work for me (nothing cannabis related increases my anxiety) but I've read a lot of reports, so worth looking into.

Blue Dream is like xanax for me... I'm 2-dimensional emotion-wise after 7 days of that.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

scurvey888

thanks and follow-up to guyanese genetics

thanks and follow-up to guyanese genetics

Many thanks to the replies, all appreciated much.

I agree that medical mj is not a fix or cure-all - however, a small daily dose seems to keep the edginess down and allow me to fully take advantage of my other practices for keeping anxiety at bay (meditation/working out primarily).

As far as mj here in guyana - yes, it is readily available and quite cheap. It's all outdoors and seeded.
The issues I've found (for me) is that the strains seem to be highly sativa - very anxiety and at times panic attack inducing (a very bad experience).

Some are not as intense as others, however, it is always a crap shoot as to what strain I might collect and even then, harvesting early is fairly common (from my reading harvesting early can often cause anxiety as well).

Otherwise, the mj here is pretty nice. Very high, heady buzzy feeling, at times pretty extreme paranoia/anxiety at the outset lasting up to 30/45 minutes, then tapering into a heady, sometimes dazed, sometimes focused stone that can last up to 3-4 hours. Strains color from dark, nearly black, (sometimes i think its been cured/ferminted) to golden to crispy green. All sativa looking buds.

I've been collecting the seeds on the highest grade/quality as it seems that someone out there is or would be interested in the genetics here (which, seem, for the most part untouched sativas)
Only once or twice have I ever encountered an Indica type smoke (and that's over 2 years with probably close to 60-70 different unique samples/strains).

Again, thanks to all for perspective/advice.
-S

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Look into extraction methods by Gray Wolf and information on canna-caps.

I'm not *positive* but I'm pretty sure that cooking an anxiety batch a bit longer will produce a more sedentary effect. Test a small batch? :)

When I make them with just olive oil, cannabis oil and oatmeal flour, they last for 6-8 hours. Very nice. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Rinse

Veteran
Don't rule out sativas and sativa hybrids. I know the common perception is indicas cause no raciness or anxiety but that's not true(for me). I've medicated at night with the skywalkers, pure kushes, OGs and felt anxiety and heart pressures, even sleeplessness. I see you've tried Sativa dominants like Green Crack(a favorite), Blue Dream, White Rhino and they helped. Usually the sativa rush subsides after 20 minutes anyway and unless it's a really pure sativa there's not all that much raciness(for me). But they really help relieve stress, maintain focus and creativity plus add energy and motivation. Then, after a couple hours I find myself very relaxed and usually absent my typical anxiety. So for me part of the benefit is the way I feel 90 minutes to 3 hours after I use a sativa so I'm not worried about the initial rush that sometimes feels a little nervous(I know it won't last).

Very true, look for the pure sativa's that have the clear soothing effect with a warm, composed body buzz, namely certain African landraces. Himalayan one's too.
I find Thai can also be good but seems to be a more dense red eyed effect and chatty/giddy.

If you want a relaxing indica look at Paki citral kush (ace/cbg) and Lebanese (Real Seeds).

killa-bud

Veteran
If you could find some Burmese pure from reeferman I recommend it for your needs.....I was gifted some f2's and found it to be real nice,it had some "kick" to it but no anxiety at all,a very calming high

Oh and I almost forgot sadhu from mandala is an excellent anti-anxiety strain

Last edited:

The Hatter

Veteran
I have known a lot of people in the Medical Cannabis community with anxiety problems and the one thing I can say I have learned from talking with them all is that everybody is very different in how they react to various strains.

I would estimate that the majority of people with anxiety problems will do better with a mellow indica than a strong sativa but this is not always the case. I personally have acute anxiety and I find that heavy indica hybrids are the absolute worst thing I can take for it other than booze, yet clean clear-headed sativas work wonderfully for me.

The point I am trying to make is that although the suggestions people are giving you in this thread may work great for them it doesn't mean they will work great for you. You really have to find out for yourself which strains work and which ones don't. Many of the strains you listed are actually sativa leaning hybrids rather than heavy indicas with the exception of the White Rhino.

Having said this, Given the strains you listed as beneficial for your anxiety problems and your growing needs I think you might do well with something like Nepelese Jam or other Himalayan sativa based genetics. Nepelese Sativas tend to have a calming, almost dreamy type of effect yet are still pretty clear headed and won't put you into a stupor or knock you unconscious like heavy indicas or RX drugs. Nepelese Jam is also very hardy and easy to grow outdoors and it resistant to mold which will be very important if you are growing in the tropics. I'm not sure how it will react to the near constant 12/12 light. It may cause it to flower prematurely. If you try to grow something like White Rhino or another heavy budding indica hybrid in the jungle you are running a very high risk of your whole crop rotting on you plus indicas are the most likely to prematurely bud on you with the equatorial sunshine since they come from higher latitudes.

One final word of advice. NEVER I do mean NEVER try to smuggle actual cannabis across international borders. It's a serious crime and you could find yourself rotting in some third world hell hole of a prison for something as innocent as trying to bring some herbal medicine home with you.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
whats up dude, i have General Anxiety and Major Depression, i still don't have Colonel Klink. thank jebus.

i find that sativa's help me, but small amounts are better. like someone said take 1 hit at a time. take a hit from a joint, not a bonghit. and then wait 15 minutes and see if it helped, if not take another hit and check again. i only do indica's at night when i'm about to go to sleep. i also have Admiral Insomnia unfortunately. indica's in the day make me paranoid, sluggish and slow. sativa on the other hand makes me come alive.

b8man

Veteran
You can probably sell the seeds you've acquired on seedbay and use the funds to purchase strains you'd like more. Just give as many details on the landrace seeds as you can and try and drum up some interest on the boards.

If you've found strains that make you feel like yourself, then it might be an idea to focus on them and try and find seeds. It's a long, personal search for that perfect strain so pay attention when you find one that likes you.

And good luck with your search.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think about death!
Seriously, what do you think is the worst thing that can happen to you in your life ? probably Death.
And what, on the other hand, is absolutely inevitable and the only things that makes us all 100% equal? Death again.
I can't say I have mastered this yet, but I think once you have realised this, what fear can there be left ? As far as it concerns you alone and not people around you- none.
Sorry if this is not very practical, but think about it and your finite role in the universe, it's a
nice thought and offers a road to great freedom while you're alive.

Oh and aside from that, daily physical exercise does wonders with all anxiety disorders I can tell you from personal experience !

All the best to you !

Latest posts

Latest posts