What's new

What are these

Well my clones have bugs on them. I did expect this as I took the cuts from outdoors. Please help I'd and tell me if it's worth trying to rid the plants of them or start over. FML.

picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Never experienced them before but it looks like mealy bugs from what i can find, white flies and aphids are tiny in comparison.

Should be able to get rid of them fairly easy by spraying them or vaccuming them up.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to tell with my old eyes, but they look like aphids (or mealy bugs like Ibechillen says). Either way, it's not 'the borg' so don't chop! Whatever they are, they'll be easy to wipe out. Probably just a good jet of water, repeat every few days.

Icmag lowered the quality of the photo. Believe I have confirmed them as aphids. About another week until they are fully rooted then will start battling them

z00t

bro looks like aphids bro spray with dishwater soap (1tbsp per 1 liter) should take care of them but they reproduce quickly if u have other plants there get it out

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont wait for roots to make or you could loose the cut.

if aphids, they are easily washed off with forceful cold water spray.

Ktaadn

Definitely aphids. Don't wait to address the issue or things could get out of control. I lost some rare genetics last year to these bastards after bringing cuts in from outdoors. I had never dealt with them before and underestimated how quickly they can multiply. Wipe them out asap before the flying adults start appearing.

Ktaadn

I just noticed you're also in Maine. Seems like there's an outbreak of them here during the last couple of seasons.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd use a sprayer to gently wash off the aphids. Do it twice a day carefully and the clones should be fine. Once they root you can use something stronger don't want to treat plants without roots.
I've never seen aphids get out of control without grower negligence. I'm guessing soap and water should do the trick.
Coming from outdoors there's usually multiple pests keep a close watch over the next month. Powdery mildew can be an unexpected one that gets out of control once it moves indoors.

Latest posts

Latest posts