What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experienced AC Help wanted Help me ASAP!!!!!!!

Im buying a 3Ton AC unit does any one have any brands they recommen?? how it should be installed?? extra stuff i will need... Currently Im running 8k and would like to go with an R410....

Please give me ideas that can make this easier.... Kind of stumped:smoke:

Theres a few brands i have been looking at...
Ebay for $1275.00 No TAX
2 1/2 Ton 2.5 ton 13 seer A/C 410a Goodman Syst. GSX130

I have 8k of lights the lights are adjust a wing

this was a chart i got from excel air

DESIGN GUIDELINES
TON BTU AMPS Lights*
2.0 24,000 12.4 6
2.5 30,000 14.7 7-8
3.0 36,000 17.9 9
3.5 42,000 21.5 10-11
4.0 48,000 21.1 12
5.0 60,000 33.3 15
*Sealed room using Co2 with 1000w lights

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to size your unit we need more then just the light load. The room size, ist it a bed room, storage shed, attic? lots of things to consider

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand you are using ajustawings. Thing is you can have too much cooling or not enough depending on the size of the room. Are you gonna use a dehuey? Wit 8 k I'm assuming your room is close to 15x15 :dunno:

sorry had to measure 16x16x8 yea i have a 50 pint dehu and the room is going to be closed room... im pulling air from outside now but this sucks and im tired of buying portable units not cost efficient for the cooling and i don't want to vent smelly the air outside

Last edited:
i checked it out its i mini split.... i had one similar in another room and it wasnt enough in the summer on those hot days... i want to be able to keep all light on with no problem... thanks for the help

Do you think this one is too powerful cuz im planing to stack the air handler and coil in top of each other and put a plemn on top at split it 4 ways?? im lost man i glad for your help

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 tons will work. If yo ur run times end up being to short you can always dump air to wast to dial it in. Goodman is a decent unit. If the installer is licensed you can get a 10 year all parts warranty. If not you get a tale gate warranty. With the breeze units no license needed even for warranty. The cost will be about the same even with buying 2 breeze units compared to the things needed to install the Goodman unit

what is a breeze unit?? do they take up alot of space?? OOOH the mini split?? the one u showed me are 24,000 btu the one i grabbed is 30,000 btu and i will be using less amps

3 tons will work. If yo ur run times end up being to short you can always dump air to wast to dial it in. Goodman is a decent unit. If the installer is licensed you can get a 10 year all parts warranty. If not you get a tale gate warranty. With the breeze units no license needed even for warranty. The cost will be about the same even with buying 2 breeze units compared to the things needed to install the Goodman unit

So when i set everything up i should still dump air?

Latest posts

Latest posts