What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DROP DOWN MENUS

Brownpants

I thought I was the only one having that problem. :chin:

If I use a proxy......no drop down menus.

But, when I connect directly .......Get the drop down menus.

What is up with that? I need some Green Lantern Magic.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....yeah we need a little Green Light shining on this.......

......my menu looks good.....KFC with the kitties....lol

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Mine have gone again, I'm not using a proxy to my knowledge. It didn't work last night, did earlier today, and now doesn't again. I haven't changed anything. Links work but no options. Anything I should be trying? Other sites seem to work ok. will try to find one with drop downs.

Brownpants

Well, I narrowed it down to my "Privoxy" program.
I tried disabling all the javascript filters....that didn't work. Is there anything else I should try disabling like Html or cookies?

What do you mean by links work but no options? There are a few of them that you have to be logged in to see. You might be haveing a cookie issue. Diddnt I just do something with your account or was that sbay? Try logging out then back in.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've had a few issues lately, the last thing you changed for me was sb. I can click onto links like on the front page I can click to see the threads listed or I can click forums to get a list of the forums. But then I have to use the hyperlinks rather than the top bar, which means I cant see the latest posts or to go into my ic or find my subscribed threads. Strangely though It does take me to the search option or calendar, are they hyperlinked rather than java-ed. I looked in my ie access options, and I dont have java console enabled, is that the one I need to tick. How could that change if thats the prob?
I am only using one isp account for all this so that is not affecting anything and has never caused probs like this in the past either. I have logged out and back in but same situation, and it reckognises me ok, although I am using an old laptop, but like i said its been working ok so far, on it a few days now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
ok its not just this site, no javascript popups are appearing. I have turned my popup controls off, I'm going to enable that console thingy. Any other thoughts appreciated.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Didn't work all last night, but seems fine this morning. I haven't made any changes to my system overnight. Lets see what it decides on tonight.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tell me about it, it has been fine all night until now, and now the problem is back. It's clearly my laptop thats the prob, just wish I knew how to solve it. Maybe I'll have to do my javaing before midnight. Talk about a gremlin in the works.