Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Organic supersoil ph?

Thread Title Search
Organic supersoil ph? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 07:37 PM #1
Packer420

Packer420 is on a distinguished road
Organic supersoil ph?

A copy paste message from my previous thread:

I know we say we dont need to ph when watering/feeding with super soil organic and whats important is the soils' PH by itself.

So what PH would be ideal for the soil? So it won't hurt to water/feed with that ideal PH for supersoils right?

I was giving 5.8 as i thought i was still dealing with a soiless/hydro not PHing for soil/organic soil/supersoil grow.

WTF. But they still look just fine.

Thanks a lot masters!
Packer420 is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 01:08 AM #2
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud of
Soil? generally between 6 and 7. Cannabis 6.7 isn't it? Did I understand the question ... ?

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 01:42 AM #3
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Hydro: 5.5 - 6.1 = 5.8

Soil: 6.3 - 6.8 = 6.5
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:08 PM #4
Packer420

Packer420 is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot to you both! Would now water/feed 6.5 to my soil. How could i have used 5.8 for my soil, oh well, they can only get better this time coz i have been feeding them 5.8.
Packer420 is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 04:33 PM #5
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
U R welcome good buddy All that being said, it all depends on your "brand" of nutes. I use the "gobox" from General Organics (a sub to General Hydroponics) I was adjusting my solution (PH up) to 6.3/6.4 and wound up with a PH deficiency. I then started to do what I was toldat my local shop, "don't worry about PH, just feed 'em" (gobox with HP ProMix and, all is well now.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 11:19 PM #6
DTOM420

DTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
U R welcome good buddy All that being said, it all depends on your "brand" of nutes. I use the "gobox" from General Organics (a sub to General Hydroponics) I was adjusting my solution (PH up) to 6.3/6.4 and wound up with a PH deficiency. I then started to do what I was toldat my local shop, "don't worry about PH, just feed 'em" (gobox with HP ProMix and, all is well now.
Thatís some terrible advice from that grow shop. Lol! Iím still not sure how to get images from my phone to post on here but I have some great pics of a plant in some soil that somehow got too acidic - it ainít pretty. Now I us a pH meter to check soil as Iím building it. That makes it easy to build a soil right around 6.5 which really works well. Soil has a lot of buffering capacity but it surely has its limits.
DTOM420 is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 12:35 AM #7
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Am made some experiments and sees that water 7.35 PH didnt made plant ill
or any deficience... tough i love to put few mililiters of apple vinegar to low a
bit PH so then is 6.8...

last time i measure ph was before 5 years... think i need to sell a Hanna PH/EC
meter as i dont need to use it for organics..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 12:39 AM #8
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Test the runoff if in doubt. I prefer my pH from 6.2 to 6.5.

Anything above 6.0 and lower than 7.0 is good in soil.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2018, 08:14 AM #9
DTOM420

DTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the roughDTOM420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
Am made some experiments and sees that water 7.35 PH didnt made plant ill
or any deficience... tough i love to put few mililiters of apple vinegar to low a
bit PH so then is 6.8...

last time i measure ph was before 5 years... think i need to sell a Hanna PH/EC
meter as i dont need to use it for organics..
I used to agree with that but here recently I started having crazy issues with a particular plant that had been as healthy as it gets and was my favorite plant. About 2 weeks after transplant into 7 gallon bag (from 6Ē pot) I started seeing symptoms of what looked like a shortage of Magnesium and phosphorous. Couldnít figure out why because there was plenty of both in the super soil mix and I was pHing the water to 6.4. Finally I checked the runoff and got around 5.3!! I was like, ďWTF??Ē So I used my soil pH probe and it showed just over 4! It was a bag of FOOF that was my base media and I still had some laying around. I checked it and got, essentially, the same results. Now, this is an extreme example and Iíve been bringing her around by watering with our well water thatís around 7.7 to compensate for the acidity in the soil.

Now, Iím using that probe when Iím building soil to insure that I donít get another ďoffĒ bag. That buffering capacity only goes so far. Probably most folks will never have this problem (and Iím switching away from FoxFarm) but there ARE times when they can be helpful, imo. Sure glad I had mine, anyway.
DTOM420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.