What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IPhone vs Sumsung 8

Hubbleman

Veteran
Supposed to Pick up a new Samsung S8+ tomorrow... had iPhone 5s for 6 years I am ready to try something new, am I making a good decision by choosing Samsung?

shithawk420

Veteran
IPhone sucks.Samsung makes the best phones right now.if you can, get the note 8.you won't regret it. although the pixel 2 is a good choice too

starke

I've always owned samsung and don't know much about the new iphones but I just got the S8 and can tell you it's a fantastic phone.

Green Squall

Supposed to Pick up a new Samsung S8+ tomorrow... had iPhone 5s for 6 years I am ready to try something new, am I making a good decision by choosing Samsung?

Just got the S8 last week and my bro got the S8+ only because he drives for Uber and wanted a bigger screen, otherwise the S8 is plenty big enough for me. These phones are pricey as hell so I strongly suggest you get a screen protector. The ArmorSuit is good and its only $7.85 on Amazon. For a case I went with Spigen, only around $10. Very thin with excellent protection.

Just a heads up, the new Samsung and Apple phones both use USB-C cords, so your old ones won't fit.

Can't go wrong with Samsung anything.

Kozmo

Veteran
Stay away from the IPhone. Have had them from the begging. Nothing but downhill since S. Jobs died. Scam and a hustle.

shithawk420

Veteran
Is there any reason for that? It’s 8 quid more per month than S8+

Other that u can draw on it and it’s got dual front camera what’s good about it?

You can do a lot more than just draw on.I don't know everything about the note 8 but I've got the rare note edge.I can make edits with the pen.text with it.it recognize's your handwriting so autocorrect is much better.just all kinds of things.would take a couple hours to explain everything.it's not for everyone but my note edge is about 3 years old and still blows people away

Hubbleman

Veteran
I heard some Samsung’s had problems with batteries ... catching fire and shit ... should I be worried?

shithawk420

Veteran
No.that was the note 7.everything is fine.I know the note 8 is at least 3300Mah battery but you can get a case with a 10000 MaH battery.that should last at least 2 days of heavy use.