What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimmers Elbow

KONY

Veteran
Aka lateral epicondylitis or Tennis Elbow.

After growing outdoor seriously for the first time, and having to move out of the place unexpectedly, I gave myself trimmers elbow from trimming too much too quickly. I'm guessing I pretrimmed about 10lbs in 3 days. By pretrimmed I mean all dead and non frosty leaves, then cut down to golfball sized nugs.

This was right at the beginning of October. It is still not better. Now I can only trim 1 indoor plant (3-5oz) before needing to take a break for 30-60 minutes. I used to be able to trim 3-4plants without a break.

It will start to heal, but as a result of indoor growing 365 it hasn't actually healed. Now I am at the point where I am starting to do my own physical therapy to try to fix it.

Anyone else had this? How long did it actually take to heal? In some sorta weird way I'm happy to know what is actually wrong. For weeks I thought it was just a pulled muscle or muscle injury.

mack 10

Veteran
Yeah, I got it too.
Also from constant moving pots around.
Hope it goes away soon.

KONY

Veteran
The struggle is real. Although I got a brace sold for this problem. Seems to help a bunch.

Got 3 more plants to do from this round, then I will have a month off from trimming.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
The truth

The truth

go to Amazon and search for Thera Band Flex Bar and buy the two smallest sizes.

Follow the instructions, work them as much as you can, push yourself to increase reps and then move up to the stronger flex bar.

I was in such pain that it felt like I was being shot in both elbows when I moved in certain ways.

Bought these, followed the plan for about 4 months and I am pain free now. Ktape is also available on Amazon and helps a lot during recovery times.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Tendonitis? I dont know but for over a year I had to use my left hand (I'm right handed) to use the computer mouse because my right elbow would fire up and burn up my right elbow after 2-3 minutes of use.. Tennis elbow ??? I dono but then it started with my left elbow.. too much time on the computer. I bought a vertical mouse like this one.. https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digit...sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=wireless+verticle+mouse

seems the hand position of a vertical mouse keeps the muscles/tendons of ones forearm parallel to each other, a regular mouse puts a twist on those parts of the forearm and eventually causes inflammations..

my right elbow does not burn at all any longer..

coldcanna

Veteran
I usually get trimmers neck from looking down for several hours. Ended up getting a shorter chair so the table is more like chest level. Find switching positions as much as possible helps a lot

Storm Shadow

Veteran
hit the weights and do slow reverse curls with the curved bar and Hammer Curls.... Pop-Eye forearm strength

KONY

Veteran
go to Amazon and search for Thera Band Flex Bar and buy the two smallest sizes.

Follow the instructions, work them as much as you can, push yourself to increase reps and then move up to the stronger flex bar.

I was in such pain that it felt like I was being shot in both elbows when I moved in certain ways.

Bought these, followed the plan for about 4 months and I am pain free now. Ktape is also available on Amazon and helps a lot during recovery times.

Did you mean the Yellow and Red, or the Red and Green?
I started out with the Red one a few weeks ago. It's been hard to do it regularly and daily. I don't mean painfully hard, just hard to remember to do it all the time even when not feeling pain.

Most days my elbow is fine, however if I water or do anything physical without the brace, I am feeling it for the next few days.

It's interesting how slow of a recovery this injury is.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I gave away the 8-minute CBD test instructions. The cure for trimmer's elbow (yes, I said cure because it literally heals the issue completely) is something you'll have to wait for. I have a working prototype, it needs refinement and conversion to a retail product.

In time, in time...
Until then, try a warm compress of MSM and water. Seriously. It may be extremely inferior to my product, but it still works better than most anything you can find on the market. Use a warm compress 2-3 times a day for a week and then tell me you don't notice a difference. :) Works great on hands and sore muscles too. :D