What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1987 Afgoo ibl

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gooeybreeder said:
one of gooey components, the Maui. Yes, it was afgan 1 x Gooey, which made afgooey. My partner back then did the cross. Hence me not taking credit for it as I knew he was doing breeding and didn't want to take that away from him. If you see real afgooey and gooey grown side by side, you'd know for sure they are heavily related. Other than gooey being bigger, they are about the same plant. Slightly more indy in the afgooey.

:rasta:

Do you think there's any correlation between these lines?

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found a little more info on the Gooey..

Gooey Lineage
cambodian (70's landrace)
Mex gold (70's landrace)
Lumbo gold (70's landrace)
Thai ( 80's landrace)
Maui (1972 wowie from the developer)

Gooeybreeder said:
( Mex and old lumbo) , Thai and Vietnam and Maui

herbgreen

Veteran
Gooey Lineage
Kambodga(Cambodian land race) x Mexican Gold x Colombian Gold x Thai land race x Maui Waui (Wowie circa 1972)

I guess that's what's been referred to as "Maui Haze" (?)

...and crossed with Afghani mother is the Afgooey (Afghani x Maui Haze)

The mother of bodhi's SnowLotus (Afgooey x Blockhead)

87 Afgoo may be an Afgooey is seed form?

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess that's what's been referred to as "Maui Haze" (?)

...and crossed with Afghani mother is the Afgooey (Afghani x Maui Haze)

The mother of bodhi's SnowLotus (Afgooey x Blockhead)

87 Afgoo may be an Afgooey is seed form?

Maybe before it was named Gooey it was referred to as Maui Haze? idk

I have seen that listed as the lineage of Afgoo..

I've grown the Goo and Afgoo and I always thought it was just the name game until I asked Gooeybreeder about it. He said Afgoo is more indy but they look almost identical other than Gooey being a bigger plant and more on the sativa side-

Sounds like they're unadulterated Afgooey seeds which is an awesome thing to come across, not to mention rare :kos:

herbgreen

Veteran
I dont really know just seeing a 4 way landrace cross seems like most of what we think of as haze listed there...crossed with maui

And instead of listing all of that it just gets called "haze"

Glad someone came along to pass along the real details!

So much gets lost to slang and then some stuff gets the name just because of the slang... and popularity

If Gooey is a screen name or nickname referring to a person then it makes sense

"Gooey"... its not really a description than a bunch of landrace sativas

Kind of like skunk_va is a person and screen name not a description of chem91 genetics

Funny with the bodhi names check out wookie....it looks like a wookie!

Afgooey is Afghani x Mauihaze (Kambodga(Cambodian land race) x Mexican Gold x Colombian Gold x Thai land race x Maui Waui (Wowie circa 1972))

Sure would like some of that mauihaze Gooey!....sounds like a sweet sativa

Too bad everyones slang of calling Afgooey clone Gooey, Afgooey, Afgoo, The Goo....ect might make it difficult to locate

Good to get down to the genetics and people behind them!

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it was called Gooey because of the capitate-stalked trichome content, it has the most trichs I've ever seen it will stack them 4 high, trichome skyscrapers-

His name is Gooeybreeder and Gooey is his claim to fame

If Gooey is a screen name or nickname referring to a person then it makes sense

"Gooey"... its not really a description than a bunch of landrace sativas

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Is there any way you can isolate the blooming male until the female hits week three or four? More seeds that way

After I cleaned my space from the previous girl scout cookie forum bc1f2 males that went crazy on the current ladies, I fed the tea and put em by eachother we'll see who starts flowering first and then wait for the male to disperse pollen which could be extremely fast or could take a bit like my cookie males did will def keep posted here on this thread for the "afgoo 87 ibl" next f gen project :tiphat:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Some time next week or the week after i will start the update as I am seeing the gender parts forming in slowly to what will be clusters then show begins apologies to those who are very much tuned in to this thread, thank you to you all! :biggrin:

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got Arcata Trainwreck now so if you send some beans my way in the future I could remake Afwreck! :rasta: That would be next level shit! :kos:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I got Arcata Trainwreck now so if you send some beans my way in the future I could remake Afwreck! :rasta: That would be next level shit! :kos:

Shouldn't be longer than February my friend when the seeds should be dried and ready for germination after harvest. I was looking at both plants last night and noticed the male is growing balls quicker than the female and her flowers could be produced lol I'm stoked and looks like next week the pictures will start coming in on this thread thanks for showing this thread some love let's make history! :biggrin:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So here we go familia! 1st picture we're going to consider this week 1 and this is only the beginning of that week to be exact

;)

Look and see the thick cluster of soon to be male flowers on the top and the balls on the lower end

And the female starting to frost on the leaves and shoot a few extra pistils this will only get better through the end of flower

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I apologize for the late late pic update but as being the 3rd week I had pollinated her and will dust her again in 2 weeks to assure more seeds but this is week 3 of flower and 1st week of pregnancy with fresh 1987 afgoo ibl seeds

Latest posts

Latest posts