What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greenhouse grows in chino valley

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Currently there are 2 or 3 med grows going on in Chino Valley. Organix (sp?) bought 53 acres right next to the entrance to town. They intend to sell off all but 10 acres and build a green house on the rest.
Now there is discussion whether or not to allow them to proceed.
The Prescott Daily Courier and the Chino Valley Review are running articles about it.
Chino Valley is at a perfect elevation in Az to grow in greenhouses. Primarilly because it is way cheaper to cool in the summer time. We just use wet walls and two large fans to keep it cool. Also not to hard to heat with a shop heater and circ fans in the winter.
Az has had a hard time recovering from the recession, and we need decent jobs here.
Hoping cooler heads prevail.

Last edited:
This is interesting. Looks like Chino Valley is trying to put on the breaks after letting several move forward a few years ago.

I'm working with an established AZ grower/dispensary and we're breaking ground this winter in the area on what will be a 100,000 sf greenhouse facility. Getting this far took quite a bit of work and creativity, they're seriously tight (and rightfully so) about their water there.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I think they are going to deliberate on this pretty soon. Chino is a great place for gh's. I helped build the greenhouse for Yavapai Colllege out at Old Home Manor, on Perkinsville rd. It is around 7,000 sq. ft., and climate controlled. Also built one for them at the Verde
campus. I'm crossing my fingers.
And by the way, I am a self employed carpenter, if you guys need any skilled help.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Their city council and planning and zoning went a fairly safe route. They will only allow future gh's in industrial only sites. They have three, two being gravel pits. They grandfathered existing.

Obsidian

Veteran
chino valley power provided by APS, good luck paying that electric bill. APS is fucked. need to pay for that nuke plant they scammed AZ with...

any greenhouse or warehouse grow is going to cost a fortune due to APS Power, the heat is to much and cooling cost evap or otherwise will suck power mad.

good luck wino valley

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Sorry but I disagree. Cooling can be done with a wet wall, shade cloth, and venting. Heat provided by nat. Gas or propane. We are a good 20 degrees different than phx. And it cools off at night. Every enterprise has costs, part of the game.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry but I disagree. Cooling can be done with a wet wall, shade cloth, and venting. Heat provided by nat. Gas or propane. We are a good 20 degrees different than phx. And it cools off at night. Every enterprise has costs, part of the game.

I've done similar sizes in "very" similar conditions..shit storm hot in summer..unusually cold (for Cali) in winter.....it can be done cheap and APS ain't got shit on Cali power cost's...

get er dun.....I'm looking YOUR way too...lol....:plant grow:

chino valley power provided by APS, good luck paying that electric bill. APS is fucked. need to pay for that nuke plant they scammed AZ with...

any greenhouse or warehouse grow is going to cost a fortune due to APS Power, the heat is to much and cooling cost evap or otherwise will suck power mad.

good luck wino valley

I also disagree.

Evaporative cooling can maintain ideal temps for flowering in a greenhouse at that elevation/climate.

Heating should be done with gas powered boilers or box heaters, not electric.

Dehumidification shouldn't be required in the Chino/Prescott climate. Just get a greenhouse with a roof vent for humidity control and use plenty of HAF fans.

Leaving just the fans, lights, and pumps to power with electricity.
Or get an industrial generator or PV/wind turbine system and forget about the electricity bill all together :tiphat:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Did a drive by

Did a drive by

I was just out in Chino Valley. The building site is right off the new roundabout at south side of town.
It wasn't locked up so we took a tour.
They have two side by side connected structures. Poured slab floors. They aren't glazed yet. I'm guessing but I'd say appox. total around 28,000 sq. ft. (4 houses at 7,000 ea.). They also have a bunch of hoop houses. I liked those alot. All easy to get parts...conduit and unistrut. Wood famed end walls. No slab, and the hoops are conduit stuck into concrete post holes.
It is a big operation. They moved alot of dirt, and are building what looks like a huge masonry wall foundation for the perimeter of the site.
They lucked out getting this in before they put the kabash on them.
"The times they are a changin".