What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abja Roots flower pictures

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea im wondering myself....she looks shiny as hell but seems to lose her diesel fuel smell after a cure. i gave it to abja and another grower to test both doing coco with HG nutes and the smell wasnt hitting that much....same for my indoor soil run..

BUT....my homie up north who gave me the cut produced some real fire outdoors with it...had tons of sour D funk to her. so im running both outdoors again and finally gonna narrow which pheno has more smell...and give her 1 more shot indoors. i say run her give her a try maybe with the aptus and another nute line she will be different.

all the indoor samples of pitbull i saw reminded me of the White...lots of frost but not alot of sour kush smell that you would expect from this cross.

NorCal

Veteran
Yeah man The nose on the pitbullxSD was super fuely at first but then totally tapered off. Same with that lemon skunk. The smells seemed like they became softer as they cured.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
call the coroner....cuz abja's straight KILLIN IT! mad respect bro, I know you work your ass off and deserve every last bit of that exclusive shelf dankness!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
BUT....my homie up north who gave me the cut produced some real fire outdoors with it...had tons of sour D funk to her. .

I am not sure if you are talking about the cut I also have, but I grew it out indoors this year and it produced some real nice fruity buds. I am growing that cut outdoors this year as well. It is already a giant bush. Yielded very well indoors and the growth stature was on point.

Abja - Just amazing work. You really are a pot artist. I am totally jealous of your stable, and your personal jar must be sublime. Enjoy smoking your newest harvest.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to whadeezlrg again.

Just trying to do like you do man. Lots of appreciation for your skills and humility in regards to them.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I've learned lots from other people in "real" life and I've learned lots here. I do all of my work pretty much on my own. So it is a bit to manage that and the rest of my life. Still I know I can do more, and I know I can do better. So we keep pushing forward.

I have some nice examples of the Pitbull OG X SD that came down. So we'll see what's up with it. It's the first time I've run it. Not sure which cut I got, as I heard there were two of them. It got nice purple color to it, and looked like it had some of the OG density and smell. There was some sour to the structure of the nuggets. The leaves didn't do the little curl that the sours tend to show. We'll see where it's at soon. As Norcal mentioned, it is worth nothing how a strain holds up in the cure. If the smell fades a lot in the short term. That is not something we're looking for.

@Lump - I would keep her until you see how you feel about it. If the person who spread it kept it, having access to all they have access to, it makes you think it must be special. I'm keeping it around until I get a chance to puff on it. The yield was decent for a first run(no finished numbers yet), and the look was right on IMO. So far I am leaning towards letting it go. I have my 4SD, D4SD#5, and what we now think is Platinum OG(passed as SFV). I love Sour. Also love the Chem 4 and am excited to run the D and 91. When something is in this family it needs to be unique or surpass another cut I have to be kept. If I have something that's equal or better then I'll let it go. I can't keep every OG/Sour cut I get. Only the best.

Keep the best...and cull the rest.

Abja Roots

Veteran
How does that pitbull smell and smoke like...I got one in flower wondering if i should keep her or toss her...

So I just vaped three different sample. The GSC, Pitbull OG X SD, and Platinum OG.

The GSC had a ridiculous dank smell, and a coat your mouth effect. Very rich.

GSC Day 65 H&G COCO 600W
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Abja Roots

Veteran
Rez Pitbull OG X SD Day 68 H&G Coco 600W
picture.php

picture.php

Platinum OG Day 68 H&G Coco 1000w
picture.php

picture.php

I thought the cut was SFV, and my friend has informed me that it was Platinum. I'll have some more pics, but I just took a small sample because it's not totally dry yet. So I left the nicer pieces to finish drying. Same for the Pitbull.

Overall I'd have to say that the GSC takes it. The Platinum is no slouch and definitely had that OG taste, which was thick on the pallet. I've had better OG though IMO. The Pitbull was not better than the OG or the Sour that I run. So for me I don't think it's worth running again. I have a few more going into flower, so maybe it will impress. I have enough for a full tray, so I think I will put these on a separate resi and give them some personal attention. Maybe they needed more time?

Anyway. Just figured an update was in order. Getting my sampling on and taking it easy for the 4th.

NorCal

Veteran
For me when it came down to what I wanted to keep (between plat and SFV) I kept what was given to me as platinum. Funny thing is that prop and OGKB both came at me recently seeing If I kept the sfv but I told them I didn't. I felt no need to because I thought the
Platinum was the Better of the two. LOL They both thout the opposite. For me Having both would prob just end up meaning me labeling the cuts As OG and then having to figure out what's what all over again.

Either way i kept the platinum because I thought it was superior in every way. The SFV is no joke but I just liked the platinum a little better. Then there's the sour pheno i have. Man Im loving this plant. I can't wait to show you what she puts out. These colas are at week 6 right now and could go a whole nother month if I decide to let her. It's crazy but they do that exact same curling down thing you mentioned earlier. Happy fourth of July bud!
5c9f228b.jpg

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
those nugs look so fucking yummy. Great work bro! Wish i was spending my 4th burning some of that

Abja Roots

Veteran
Damn man. Those look fat! I like the Platinum, but I just think the SFV has a more OG expression. Just vaped some cookies, Platinum, and Pitbull OG X SD again. Taking it easy.

Happy fourth guys. Be safe and Have fun(if you can do those two things at the same time :) )

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Happy 4th everyone ya killin it abja I have to agree that the sfv beats plat but very damn close they both in my top 5 ogs but sfv been my num 1 and remains that way ...

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Platinum is a good cut, and it's more of a yielder compared to SFV. BUT I believe the SFV has more mouthcoating ability to it and just seems slightly more aesthetically pleasing, besides the size of the nugs.

I actually got sick of OGs for a while because I was seeing too many water down versions, but the SFV is anything but watered down. Not saying the Platinum is watery, but just not as pronounced on the pallet as the SFV.

Norcal those nugs look chunky good job mang, always got me contemplating going completely sealed when I see your work. Kudos.

NorCal

Veteran
Man i gotta get to trying the SFV and Plat side by side. Thats gotta be our next project. All i know is as far as bag appeal etc the platinum won in my book. As for taste i never got to compare them That much.....

And proph Dude that's not even a sealed room if this sour cut was run in a sealed room those nugs would be jackmayoffer status! That's what I've been talking about this whole time bro. The cookies are in the same room with some platinum too.... Same ol Canna with my MOAB regimen. That's the place i keep yapping about barely visiting once a week. Like I said sealed drain to waste is the way to go. This rooms just not sealed....yet. The way this rooms setup as soon as my caps bennies come in I'll be trying fully organic there. When I get the AC and go sealed my yields will easily double......

I'll post more pictures when I get back to the bay but this room is blowing my mind right now.....can't wait to finish and get final numbers. For now she's on Auto pilot for the next few weeks, can't wait to take these ladies down.....

Abja Roots

Veteran
Coming soon man. Apologies for the delay. Always something spinning in my life, so just trying to clear some space and stabilize a bit for them. I know that there's always something that comes up. So chances are I'll prep some space for them and get them going.

I always feel like I want to be around when I pop some seeds, but I've begun to realize that a solid block of time is hard to come by.

Thanks for the kind words man. I'll also be popping those cherry thunderfuck beans. At least I think that's what they were.

4 Dragons

Coming soon man. Apologies for the delay. Always something spinning in my life, so just trying to clear some space and stabilize a bit for them.

Thanks for the kind words man. I'll also be popping those cherry thunderfuck beans. At least I think that's what they were.

No need to apologize, there is always something spinning in my life too! :)

I think you may have Cherry Cake which is Gooeybreeders Gooey Mom that I got from Gooeybreeder crossed to REv's( Skunk Magazine Grow Editor ) CherryThunderFuck that Nondual passed to me. phog also has a thread on those here somewhere.

How are the GSC? Your pictures look great!

Best of luck with your grow! :)

4D

Latest posts

Latest posts