What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

moose eater

the tolerance level for deviations from a recipe go off the charts when stoned... "give it here, I'LL eat it..." :cool:
My low-glycemic hot chocolate, sometimes mocha with French roast coffee, has been using a base of unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a dash of real vanilla extract, fair trade Dutch dark cocoa powder, Baker's brand dry buttermilk powder, and a touch of 40% heavy whipping cream for a long while now. A shot of Canadian whiskey makes it into a damned near contraband substance. Sweetened with monk fruit extract with (primarily) erythritol in the dry-mix portion. (*Yes, erythritol is now linked to heart disease).

I've devised a dry version of it for bush trips, though it requires taking almond milk along (good shelf life without refrigeration if unopened) and an unbreakable container of the 40% heavy whipping cream in the cooler(s)(sacrifices must be made), and I even investigated dried vanilla extract for remote trips, though the price just about knocked me on my ass.

Last edited:

Kimes

Wow what does the sriracha do with the coffee? I had cardamom in coffee and it was nice but hot sauce :unsure: . How much is used drop, a spoon 50:50?
I used this as base recipe: https://www.wellandgood.com/hot-sauce-in-coffee/ but sometimes I just brew coffee and add few drops of Scorpion Tabasco. The heat of the drink adds to the heat of the chiles. I am hooked, adding chili sauce where one normally wouldn't in food and drink.. Eating hot chilies for a few weeks every day all day results in not really tasting so much the hotness anymore but the actual flavors in sauces. .
"When you take your first sip, the warmth wakes you up and you’ll feel the kick of the heat," Osborne says. "After you get past the initial heat, you taste the complex notes of that smoke and spices in the hot sauce, combined with the roast of your coffee and vanilla or citrus. Talk about a unique way to start your morning!"

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Due Espressi, while reading a book in the sun.

349293127_278421084635113_2870720588636151765_n.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I could hunt a wooly mammoth.
time travel to hunt a species you knew was going to be extinct in the future would be guilt-free, unlike possibly killing a tiger, elephant, or polar bear (none of which i would consider), which may or may not be around in another hundred years or so. i wonder what caliber rifle you would need to penetrate a T-Rex skull before it got to you? that would make an elephant charge look "ho-hum"...:unsure:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
time travel to hunt a species you knew was going to be extinct in the future would be guilt-free, unlike possibly killing a tiger, elephant, or polar bear (none of which i would consider), which may or may not be around in another hundred years or so. i wonder what caliber rifle you would need to penetrate a T-Rex skull before it got to you? that would make an elephant charge look "ho-hum"...:unsure:

700 nitro express...

But I will appreciate the handicap of technology available.

I'm working on a ballista Gatling....

moose eater

My wife bought me a 750 ml bottle of Herradura Ultra Anejo Cristaline tequila for our anniversary.

Apparently I'm a nicer person when I'm passed out.

Looks like a silver tequila, but, in fact, it's a charcoal filtered anejo.

In-fucking-credibly smooth... and really tasty!!!

I think I may need a second sampling just to convince myself it's not the silver tequila it looks like.

That whole 'book and its cover' thing.

I drank anejo years ago, then for a while it was reposado, then recently, for the last year or so, it's been steady silver or blanco.

This is indeed THE tastiest, smoothest, most enjoyable anejo I've ever tasted. Incredible stuff.

All she wants from me for our anniversary is for me to clean off the kitchen table. I guess I'll see if I can manage that.

Koondense

Veteran
Very interesting, never heard of a charcoal filtered anejo. Feels kinda weird to filter what you put in with letting it rest.
Might grab one some day.
Meanwhile I was really high last weekend and ordered a few bottles of Fortaleza Blanco and a small bottle of El Tequileno silver.
Should be top stuff according to most reviews.
Cheers

moose eater

Very interesting, never heard of a charcoal filtered anejo. Feels kinda weird to filter what you put in with letting it rest.
Might grab one some day.
Meanwhile I was really high last weekend and ordered a few bottles of Fortaleza Blanco and a small bottle of El Tequileno silver.
Should be top stuff according to most reviews.
Cheers
Maestro Dobel also offers a 'cristaline' tequila, and I'd noted theirs before my wife bought this one.

Though I rarely drink anything 'blended' (purist's sake for what purpose, who knows?), when I tried the Maestro Dobel at SeaTac Airport a bunch of years ago, maybe 8(?), it was also exceptional, though I don't remember which variety.

Apparently charcoal/carbon filtering is a thing in attaining smoothness that otherwise might not occur as a result of the distilling or aging process.

The reason I ceased interest in the anejo is that there were some varieties that were so woody and 'soured' by that process that their flavor approached that of bourbon, and if I'm drinking whiskey, it's absolutely NOT bourbon. :) Canadian whiskey or Scotch are my 2 whiskeys, and preferably the Canadian, if any whiskey at all.

Anyway, yeah, there's still flavor to it, it's not quite a really flavorful 'clean' blanco or silver flavor, but very near, and a bit sweet. Very good, indeed.

My wife brought home some free samples from the local liquor warehouse yesterday (they give away samples most Fridays, and sometimes 2, depending on what they're offering. Once they even gifted 3, but a purchase must be made, so we pick up a six-pack of whatever beer I'm running low on most Fridays, and that justifies the samples).

Anyway, she brought home some King St. Brewing hard cider, a tropical something or other (from Los Anchorage), and a Port Chilkoot Distillery (Los Anchorage) cocktail in a can.

The Port Chilkoot Distillery sample was a cucumber juice, basil, lime juice and gin cocktail, called a Cucumber Cooler, or something like that if I recall correctly. Sounds weird on initial auditory review, just hearing it in your head, but it was pretty incredible stuff. Slightly sweet, but not sweet. Smooth, not too heavy on the gin essence, and the basil provided a mild blending of flavors, not an overwhelming presence like someone got carried away making a Thai dish.

I doubt I'd order one or buy the stuff, but it was quite tasty, and I typically drink neither gin nor (especially) vodka as a rule.

Last edited: