What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need suggestions for strains with huge couchlock and mind clearing abilities

C

Cerb

Hi,

I'm, as the title stated, looking for a strain that will lock me to the couch and make me stupid and tired. I have been diagnosed with Hypomania (basically, my mind never stops racing), and as a result have bad insomnia. I need something that will put me in bed and shut down the racing thoughts.

Most marijuana will get me to sleep faster than I normally would have gotten there, but I'm just looking for something a little more effective. Any suggestions? Thanks.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Pretty much any indica or indica dominant strain. Let it flower until the majority of trichs are amber. Don't know how much it will clear your mind though. It'll make you look at the back of your eyelids if that's good enough.

Twoshot

Most indica can put you to sleep, but with a clear/positive/relaxed mind?
maybe some pure Hindu Kush?
Difficult as it a mind thing, what works for some, might not work for others...

(DP, claim to have a strain, that can take you out. But not make you feel crashd, the next day??)

dubite

Try some Herijuana.. Should knock the socks off ya and send you off to la-la land if you toke too much..

I'd go with Herijuana or Black Domina, heard great things about both.
Hindu Kush is weak in comparison to most other varieties and isn't recommended for seasoned smokers.

bterzz

Veteran
Honestly I have fallen in love with the indica dominance in the "Chronic" I have been smoking.

Its outdoor and it just kicks my ass! Super heavy stone, couchlock, zombie mode, call it what you want..this stuff makes you feel like a sack of potatoes!

Twoshot

The reason i say Hindu Kush, is that there is not mutch (if any) Sativa in it.
If you have a racy mind, try avoiding to mutch Sativa, in the mix. But again we all react differently to the herb, potency is not everything!

But I think I maybe translate "mind clearing" wrong?
If it should be clearing, like after a bomb attack??? then it should be something like, G-13, pure Afghan, etc.

stanky1

Indicas that ive grown that have this effect on me are Skywalker, LUI, and afgran pheno of Super Skunk.

-stanky

you don't need the heaviest of indicas to treat hypomania, something euphoric with some body works just as well and is much more pleasant

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If you have a racy mind, try avoiding to mutch Sativa, in the mix. But again we all react differently to the herb
Yeah, I'm the different type. High functioning autistic with a million mile an hour mind. Only the racy sativas for me.... they're the only ones that relax me and get my head working straight.

But I think I maybe translate "mind clearing" wrong?.
See that confused me too. :D 'Clear' for me is un-muddled thinking, quick, sharp, expansive.

Indicas tend to dumb me down, fog me out and bring out all my bad autistic qualities.

A

alpinestar

good road kill skunk will change your sleep schedule.

not fun weed to sit around smoking during the day, but it's perfect before bed - as long as sleeping is all you plan on doing.

Twoshot

Hey Hydro-Soil.

I know what you mean.
But not much couchlock in the Sativas...

Personally I always want to have more than one type of cannabis.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey Hydro-Soil.

I know what you mean.
But not much couchlock in the Sativas...

Personally I always want to have more than one type of cannabis.

Do you really want couchlock? Sounds to me like you could really use focus.... to direct that energy somewhere useful. Without the cannabis I'm all over the place and jumpy as a polecat. Medicated I'm focused and calm and able to function without issues.

Let some of your sativa crop go longer until it's 50% amber. Smoke that an hour before bed and you'll sleep just fine. :D

DKBuddy

Probly any indica strain u let go for long time..

KUSH
Dr GreenThumb - Endless Sky
WhiteRussian
Afghani x NL

just to name a few ...

C

Cerb

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I'll take all of them into consideration. And yes, 'mind clearing' was probably a bad choice of words. My thoughts are always clear, but racing. I'm looking for something that will make me stupid with little to no coherent thoughts. It's the coherence of my thoughts that actually keeps me awake. If they are incoherent I quickly lose interest in them and get to sleep much faster.

Thanks again.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look for something that is going to sit about 30 sativa / 70 indica. Anything that is predominantly indica is going to put you down...but if still looking for that clear head, then keep a bit of sativa edge in there....

Looking for something that can put you into a stupor, then you might even look for a 20/80. Just knowing the backround of the genetics going into crosses and strains can help you make a great decision.

Any preference on flavors or tastes?

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts