What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Northern Lights breeder?

Cuzin_Dave

Northern Lights at least the original form that I remember from the 80's probably does not exist anymore. That was amazing high quality weed. Back then people were pretty careful about developing their own stable seed lines. Commercial seed banks were mostly a fad driven industry and a great number of valuable genetic seed lines got lost in the shuffle to find the next great holy grail of cannabis. Northern Lights is still going to be a keeper in my med garden for a long time to come.

hillbil

I grow several crosses of Peak And find the crosses more vigorous than the NL IBLs, normal maybe. 4 KingNL and a NS flowering well right now. The NS is always awesome and this one is extremely frosty. Need to get more fo Mike's NL myself.

I hear a surprising amount of good feedback on Nirvana Northern Light.

Peak plants of the same strain look,almost identical to each other and hermies are almost nonexistent. Germination near 100% and 36 hours in towel.

Cuzin_Dave

A lady I know is growing a few Nirvana NL regular for her private stash garden. Excellent looking plants with slightly Indica looking phenos, but nice just the same. Great looking plants for an affordable price. There are other more expensive seeds growing in the garden but judging by the growth have to say Nirvana NL is impressive. Facing some lofty competition and holding its own.

hillbil

By the way, Peak Seeds are $30/10 in Canada and $40 in US. That is to your door. A little enhanced and reversed exchange rate.

wasgedn

bulk seed bank has good reviews...
expert seeds maybe....

the ortega option sounds good

vision seeds nl is really nice weed...sour....

wasgedn

im curious what stands about it in these newer books 'marijuana strains and breeding'

Last edited:

MickTheBrag

sensi seeds

sensi seeds

hate to keep going on about sensi seeds. but their NL is really good

I grew it a few years back. I know its a bit pricey. but you get what you pay for these days. just my opinion. :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you pay for these days. :tiphat:

Not necessarily!

:off2: but:
Chimera & Bodhi blow a lot of the higher priced gear outa the water when it comes to quality genetics. There are other as well.

I mean...

How difficult can it be to get quality seeds when all you use for breeding is the highest quality cultivars?

MickTheBrag

sensi seeds

sensi seeds

sensi NL flowery citrus smell. its been a while since I grew it. what I do remember is the spacey high you got. the reason it gets the name NORTHERN LIGHTS I also grew the whitelabel fem NL from sensi. that was strong citrus hashy taste. its much cheaper so I recommend that.

also on the subject of sour smell. I did grow a NL years ago that had a sour smell was also a great smoke. cant remember the breeder sorry. but as they say if you cant remember then it must have been good.:laughing:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Not necessarily!

:off2: but:
Chimera & Bodhi blow a lot of the higher priced gear outa the water when it comes to quality genetics.

I could fill my grow with strains only from Bodhi, and be very happy.

Bet I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Wish I'd tried his NL offerings.

wasgedn

reeferman has also a NL (hashy) and oldskool hashplants...
but bodhi and reeferman are not so easy to get in eu...and when , sold out pretty fast

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Any one has any info on Joey' s current Northern lights?

I'm going to start a NL project soon, trying to bring back that old school dank/skunky northern lights. Currently I have Neville's 5x2 and MJ's/Peaks NL, but I wouldn't mind adding Joey's into the mix.

Mr.Miner

For what it's worth and if it's o.k. to say, I know that Melvanetics was working on releasing NL#5 seeds last year. I don't know if she did or not but I was waiting- and salivating- for the garlicky pheno that she said she was working on.

I remember getting some garlicky NL#5 in 1987-88 that was so, so delicious and fantastic. I still think about it. And I barely had any.

Cantbuymeloveuh

I grew out Jordan of the islands "gods northern lights" it was very tolerant and performed well under mutiple toppings. I have never knowingly smoked NL previous to this grow. The smell is not terribly stinky. It had a unique sweet-ish peppery type smell. The taste was what I call a classic smooth cannabis taste. I am running her again this winter.

wasgedn

on subject classic weed smell, i found out for me, its the sour...
i had my first weed in 90ies...most of the dutch hydro weed which was smuggled to my area was superskunk ..orangebud...skunk..northernlight..or crosses of that i guess
when you had some fungi or acid and opened a becks beer you always thought you have weed in that bottle i swear :) ...EDIT back in 90ies even when sober the small becks bottle right after opening was smelling like sour weed for few seconds(some read onlys are remembering sure)
and every weed i had until this day had sour tones..maybe some hazes not..
im curious if landraces dont have the tiniest amount of sour tone in it..

wasgedn

from reeferman
nl5
Northern Lights is the product of an unbelievable eleven cannabis varieties, each one bred and hybridised so many times it is hard to keep track of its actual origins. What is known is that the earliest ancestors were pure landrace afghanis and, over time, various other genetics were added to the mix to enhance the overall quality and introduce new traits.

Latest posts

Latest posts