What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black/square 5 gallon buckets (not totes) @ Lowes.. score!

Drop That Sound

Just came across these bad boys. Can't find any info online, but sure hope they stick around so I can buy all the stock for future projects.

Commander XL 5 gallon buckets, looking perfect for RDWC systems, at a price you can't beat.. 5.99! They seem to be very high quality, only con I can see so far is the yellow lid isn't light proof, no big deal. ;)

Paired with my homemade PVC electrical conduit fitting bulkheads (a male and female x 2 for each bucket), and a single .40 cent silicone washer, im looking at roughly $10-12 per complete bucket. Thats less than any other bucket online with outrageous shipping.. and doesn't even include the 2 bulkheads.

I had been hoping to find a local source for square pails for years!

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5548.jpg
    IMG_5548.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5549.jpg
    IMG_5549.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

digging

That would be very nice if hey come out with 10-15 gallon square sizes like the one you posted pictures of :)

thailer

i bought that brand but its a 27 gallon tote and drilled bulkheads. its great structurally and doesn't bow out at the sides when filled with soil. home depot makes a tough tote that looks just like it that is better quality for drilling but i haven't seen a 5 gallon square bucket size.

Drop That Sound

They also carry mini 5 gallon tough totes with the yellow lid at HD.. I think they still have 14 or 15 gallon ones too, maybe even a 10?. They also have the husky totes with black lids which I like the best, even though the walls are slightly angled, in 5, 15, 25, 45gal, etc.

But these commander 5 gal buckets seem way better from lowes.. I would be stoked if they even offered a 7.5 gal taller version..

Here's my outdoor HD 27 gal tough tote RDWC in my mini trampoline frame greenhouse I made last summer. With 2 inch PVC conduit fittings, and silicone o-rings as the bulk heads. With an inline 396gph pump and a 3/4 y-strainer. No leaks at all, used Jacks 3 2 and grew 4 nice bushes ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Latest posts