What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bluelab calibration solution substitute?

G

Looking to educate myself about calibration solutions. I'm picking up the Bluelab combo meter and am curious if all Ph4.0 and ph7.0 calibration solutions are equal? Would another company's calibration solutions work just as well with a Bluelab? Any suggestions?

R

Rab.C

hi Outcold growth technology calibration fluid works well with bluelab

NaCl as example is the same thing in each ec-ppm solution regardless of the labels and branding.. Same thing with the other calibration solutions in general.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GrowTek is a fraction of the peice and works as well.

Cheap Asshole Trick #591: Calibrate in the storage cap. Rinse heavily between set points.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Most work fine. I wouldn't recommend general hydroponics version however. It has been known to be off. I had it ruin a probe before.