What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it time to harvest?

Gio88

hi! In the middle of March i've planted my hulkberry feminized seeds , indoor , with a 150w mh lamp for vegetative phase , and now with a 150w hps lamp for flowering phase , in a all mix soil , with mineral fertilizer and and try pack biobizz stimulants (fish mix , biobloom and top max) , here some photos ,hoping they are quite clear....what do you think is it ready to harvest?

Attachments

• B5D46BCA-3377-4705-B03F-C4310C3BA5D1.jpg
    B5D46BCA-3377-4705-B03F-C4310C3BA5D1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 9FDC7825-890E-4CD1-98D9-E9157B0FF11B.jpg
    9FDC7825-890E-4CD1-98D9-E9157B0FF11B.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 02DDB435-B862-4C3C-A429-2B5DC4B01113.jpg
    02DDB435-B862-4C3C-A429-2B5DC4B01113.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 452BF2D7-531E-44AA-AF49-F99A0BBAAF9F.jpg
    452BF2D7-531E-44AA-AF49-F99A0BBAAF9F.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 42

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Planted or flowered?
They look done but can't be if they were seeds in march. On the other hand, if you meant flowered in march, it makes sense.

Gio88

Planted or flowered?
They look done but can't be if they were seeds in march. On the other hand, if you meant flowered in march, it makes sense.

You’re right!i mean, it started the flowering phase in the middle of March

Gio88

i hope these photos are clearer

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpg
    IMG_3757.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 27

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Nah you need to get a jewlers loupe or a simple microscope or even a magnifying glass and zoom in and check out the trichomes to see what color they are. Those pictures are too far zoomed out, we need something like. And I think the rule of thumb is, whatever the breeders timeline + 2 weeks.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
A cheap camera with a macro setting will let you take this sort if thing and zoom in, or an eBay microscope is less than a tenner.
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's all about trichome color. Get a scope and scope them. If you are gonna be growing the same plants a while, I recommend taking an early sample, most of the harvest when you feel it is the best time, then leave a tiny bit to mature a little more. That way you can compare and see exactly which high you like best from that plant. I'm not sure I agree with the last pic though, 50/50 is kind of a big swing tbh, I try not to let them get past about 80/20 with the 20 being amber, the 80 being clouded.
trichome-status.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Several members suggested you buy a jeweler's loupe! Try that and then you'll know!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What's to disagree with? It was an example of a cheap camera close up, not a when to harvest guide.
Leaving them longer, doesn't always mean a more narcotic effect. Getting it right for that plant is what matters.
I just meant I wouldn't wait for the trichomes to go 50/50 ratio is all, I've never purposely let it get that far. And I 100% agree it's what is right for each plant, plus what effect he's going for. There's never an exact time to harvest cause he might like a different smoke than you or me, so it's good if he figures out best based on each plant. Also that picture is a when to harvest guide, just do a google image search for trichome harvest or trichome harvest color. :tiphat:

Earlmarne

Take some nugs, let em dry n cure for a bit. Let the rest go. Sample said nugs then harvest the rest in a couple weeks.
Should give you an indication as to how the plant ripens and its effects.
She will bulk up if let go longer. Most of the time you will get some great colors also.
Hard as hell for me to let a plant go to its full potential. Never hit a point that I wished I had harvested earlier

Gio88

Several members suggested you buy a jeweler's loupe! Try that and then you'll know!

I bought it! Thank you!

I hope to give this plant a full potential! I bought it hulkberry seeds because it’s mainly Sativa with a 27/28 % thc! I would like to experience it with strong and euphoric effects