What's new

bleu cheese moldy funk seed search help

thailer

back in 2014 i bought some flower called Bleu Cheese that smelled just like the salad dressing with a sour moldy foot cheese funk. i asked if they had any info on it but just got "it's secret". I'm assuming it's a cheese strain but when i'm reading about Blue Cheese or other cheese, I am hearing that a berry smell is common while others are saying a more skunk cheese smell.

i'd like to get some beans to search for this super tasty bud however choosing which pack to buy from which company has been a tough decision. from what i remember the flower looking like, it isn't super hairy skunk looking but i don't remember loads of long foxtails. maybe they trimmed them off but it didn't look like that either. the bud wasn't dense and had a spongy texture with fat calyx's reminscent of indica buds. my guess from comparing just by looks alone is big buddha blue cheese but i would expect more berry smell from that and i remember zero berry sweetness. this smelled and tasted just like salad dressing.

thanks for any help!

MintyMick

You can end up with either smell. The parentage of most Blue Cheese is usually some type of cheese cut or other mixed with blueberry. So you can end up with a more cheesy funky smell from the cheese lineage or you can end up with a a more berry smelling pheno from the blueberry parent...

I have run bluecheese from Barney’s, Big Buddha and Dinafem. Would recommend 10/10 for all three. They all had about a 50/50 cheese/ blueberry trait percentage.

thailer

thanks for the review on the different blue cheeses!

i'm not sure that it was even blue cheese seeds that they got the plant they were growing from. they could just be calling it bleu cheese because it smells like that and its just one of the cheese clone only cuts. theres not a lot of cheese around here and i've never found a strain that smells like it. big buddha has 15 pks of the regular cheese for the same price as ten packs of the other cheese strains like blue cheese. i read good things about green house seeds cheese that sounds like the smell i am describing but the pics don't look like it. i'm sure i'll just have to buy a pack to find out for myself. curious if theres opinions on seed companies that still offer cheese. i've read quite a bit about each of the cuts. the seed companies descriptions on some are vague like cheese x cheese. lol

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
If u want that smell just get a cheese x og I did cheese dog from connoisseur genetics and got those same smells u describe + funk fro the og .. I kno that sweet smell u describe it’s the cheese .. I wouldn’t get the bb x cheese if your avoiding berry

thailer

thats a really great recommendation on the Cheese Dog. not only is it fairly close to the cheese but the bud appeal is also nice and they are regular beans which is what i prefer.

Happy Times

I bet the bud you tried was called that from the funk of it, not because it was Blueberry x Cheese. Bleu Cheese, not Blue Cheese