What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody making extracts with Ace flowers???

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hello all. I have found a new passion in making solvent extracts. I have been testing and refining methods. I recently made some Panama shatter and it is fucking fantastic!!! It took a bit of hard edge off and made it more functional IMHO, but a little dab will do ya!!!! I have Zamaldelicia, OTH, Panama X Malawi & Bangi Haze that I will be processing soon.

Is anybody else making extracts? Please share your experiences!!!

WFF

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The English Cut has a lot of ACE experience... possibly more on the rosin side, but no doubt a lot is relevant..

ULMW

Enjoy taking the great scissor hash as my opening taster to what the plants will bring. There is so much resin in certain Ace strains I am running that I hope to do some dry sift and maybe some oil.
My friend is the extract king here and he has a few Aces on the go thru me and condition he tries to make some bubble or dry sift from it. He is growing Zam in DWC and A Malawi same way so those alone are going to be resin gems to expand our minds with and heal our bodies at the same time.
Dabs is a next thing , I havd a friend with a great rig but is far from mi so we only dab occassionally. Maybe need to set my own up... One day....
I still prefer my Chalice.
Peace and Happy Growing!

The English Cut

Hey there!

I've yet to make BHO with any of my ACE genetics but I'm definitely going to get some made with part of this year's harvest. I've started working with a guy who imo makes the best BHO I've ever tried. We made one batch from last years dregs and it ended up winning first place in a Cup, so who knows what will happen when i give him the top shelf stuff to process?

I've made plenty of bubble hash and rosin with ACE varieties though. Interesting results. Violeta, for example didn't make great hash, too dark (not purple!) and too much vegetable matter for my tastes, and gave very poor returns from flower rosin. I prefer to just smoke the buds tbh. On the other hand, her big sister Malawi x PCK is one of the best hash plants i've ever tried, great returns of high quality bubble hash, great returns on flower rosin. Definitely going to try BHO with her this season. Killer high and flavour too.

Panama really surprised me by giving good returns of really nice quality resin, I don't usually like hash from mostly sativa varieties but the more lemony phenos gave really good returns. Same with Panama x Bangi Haze, really nice bubble hash. Frenchy Cannoli was very impressed when he tried it!

Bubba Hash was a very good yielder, not amazing bubble hash quality but the flower rosin was great.

Rotten Panda makes some amazing hash too, i didn't try flower rosin but the rosin from the bubble hash was excellent.

Last season i made a great hash mix with all the different Erdpurt hybrids (Bubba Kush Bubba Hash, Black Domina and PCK) which was some of the nicest "traditional" hash I've ever made, a really classic deep hashy smell quite unlike the moroccan floral profiles that inundate Spain.

I'm struggling to remember anything else right now. This year I'm looking forward to seeing the results from Zamaldelica x Kali China and Thai x Kali China, they're looking very frosty and smelling great, can't wait to get hashing again after the harvest!

Peace, TEC

ULMW

Hey there!

I've yet to make BHO with any of my ACE genetics but I'm definitely going to get some made with part of this year's harvest. I've started working with a guy who imo makes the best BHO I've ever tried. We made one batch from last years dregs and it ended up winning first place in a Cup, so who knows what will happen when i give him the top shelf stuff to process?

I've made plenty of bubble hash and rosin with ACE varieties though. Interesting results. Violeta, for example didn't make great hash, too dark (not purple!) and too much vegetable matter for my tastes, and gave very poor returns from flower rosin. I prefer to just smoke the buds tbh. On the other hand, her big sister Malawi x PCK is one of the best hash plants i've ever tried, great returns of high quality bubble hash, great returns on flower rosin. Definitely going to try BHO with her this season. Killer high and flavour too.

Panama really surprised me by giving good returns of really nice quality resin, I don't usually like hash from mostly sativa varieties but the more lemony phenos gave really good returns. Same with Panama x Bangi Haze, really nice bubble hash. Frenchy Cannoli was very impressed when he tried it!

Bubba Hash was a very good yielder, not amazing bubble hash quality but the flower rosin was great.

Rotten Panda makes some amazing hash too, i didn't try flower rosin but the rosin from the bubble hash was excellent.

Last season i made a great hash mix with all the different Erdpurt hybrids (Bubba Kush Bubba Hash, Black Domina and PCK) which was some of the nicest "traditional" hash I've ever made, a really classic deep hashy smell quite unlike the moroccan floral profiles that inundate Spain.

I'm struggling to remember anything else right now. This year I'm looking forward to seeing the results from Zamaldelica x Kali China and Thai x Kali China, they're looking very frosty and smelling great, can't wait to get hashing again after the harvest!

Peace, TEC

Greetings The English Cut,
How you doing? Wow you were here fast with answers!!
Brilliant info you shared , thanks very much! Malawi x PCK . Nice returns! Tempting tempting!

I got a really resinous BubbaHash in action and the Afghani Phenos of Black Domina 98 x Erd Purt are looking more like "White" Strains!! Snow arrived early here this year and indoors too!!!

Just got new seeds to test today thru the post so will be trying

Bubbakush x PCK Fem
Auto Malawi x NL F4 Fem
Purple Haze 23 x PCK Fem

Should be nice variety there for some interesting hash too. :)

deepwaterdude

Ha, glad to hear someone else still makes bubble;) I usually make kief with dry ice but was missing the excellent hash I got in Europe. The Zamaldelica x Kali China makes awesome, fruity bubble hash, quite addictive. The chunk I have smells like spicy lavender and is of some excellent grade. Have to force myself not to smoke it;)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Cheers to bubble crowd!!! Been making that and enjoying kief for a long time. I switched to dry ice hash a while back, which was much cleaner with less work. I than progressed to making QWET shatter from my dry ice hash. It is so much healthier on the lungs to dab shatter - vapor vs combustion.

Now, I am in full mad scientist mode using liquid nitrogen to pre-process grade-A flowers, using a vacuum oven and highly modified cold trap system to extract terpenes, then doing a -50C ethanol extraction followed by vacuum distillation and purge. I add back my collected cannabis terpenes to shatter to make a vapable extract. I am still refining the terpene collection process, but this is a winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

WFF

deepwaterdude

Whole buncha bubble from dry buds-Panama, purple fruity GT and Zam x KC

Whole buncha bubble from dry buds-Panama, purple fruity GT and Zam x KC

You guys inspired me to hash out the leftover GT and Panama from last year. I wasn't smoking it, it was overdry, don't like having "extra" pot around and I'm enjoying the hell out of the Zamaldelica x KC testers bub hash.
My worry was that dry buds would powder and contaminate the final product, but they absolutely didn't, worked out very well;) I myself got some leaf matter into the 230-160 micron with an excess of zeal, was whipping 3-4 oz at a a time into a froth in 5 gal bucket. The other grades came out nickel clean. Bags were 230 for trim and ice, 160 for the first catch, 110 second and 73 last. Couldn't be bothered with the 73-25.
Here they is. GT buds were almost double the volume of the Panama. 2 gallon bags against 1. The GT was a super purple, fruity and feathery budded pheno with extraordinary flavor and smell. Hash retains color and above all fruit;) Panama hash smells like the plant; mild lemon and heavy earth from a fat pistiled Colombian pheno.

Attachments

• Hashed it out.jpg
    Hashed it out.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Pink Panama low grade.jpg
    Pink Panama low grade.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Pink Panama 160-110 mic.jpg
    Pink Panama 160-110 mic.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Pink Panama 110-73 micron.jpg
    Pink Panama 110-73 micron.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Zam x KC 110 mic bubble .jpg
    Zam x KC 110 mic bubble .jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 15
  • GT 230-160 micron.jpg
    GT 230-160 micron.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 14
  • GT 160-110 mic.jpg
    GT 160-110 mic.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 16
  • GT 110-73 micron.jpg
    GT 110-73 micron.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 18

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey there!

Peace, TEC

Nice report!!! I found that I liked the Panama shatter much better than the Panama dry ice hash. It is hard to describe, but it made it "friendlier". Seemed to take the best of high. Some of the ace stuff is just plain overpowering for everyday use, and I am curious how it will translate to other varieties.

That is really interesting about Malawi x PCK being a good hash plant. I ran a pack of these, and after a re-run of 2, picked a keeper that stacks top to bottom with dense frosty purple nugs. I got some crazy feedback from people on it like "This is pure speed", "I could not sleep at all after smoking". It was personally not my favorite, but has very special qualities that I wanted to cross.

WFF

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Thanks TEC and others, incredible information for all here, always fascinating finding out which plants "work" for different extraction methods and especially the shit into shinola ones !!