What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian highland

Manivelle

Veteran
hi
i didn't find a thread about it so here it is. :biggrin:
i would know when it will be available please?
congrats for your works over the years ace collective. :tiphat:
peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Manivelle for your kind words and for your interest in our work,

Yes, we have been doing lately selections with African Seeds Ethiopian highland sativa .... It took many months of testing, cloning, curing, analyzing for cannabinoid and terpene content and profile the different interesting parental plants before decide which are the most desirable for the reproduction.

We are working on the ethiopian reproduction as we speak, the main goal is to produce a newer and more refined pure ethiopian generation, but we are also producing in the same cycle some ethiopian hybrids with other nice african sativas, hybrids like Malawi x Ethiopia, Angola x Ethiopia, Zamal x Ethiopia, Zamaldelica x Ethiopia, Mauritius x Ethiopia, Bangi Haze x Ethiopia, etc ...

We expect the ethiopian will be released late this year/early 2017, only in regular format by now.

420empire

Veteran
Thank u so Much Dubi and crew ! It´s so awesome you keep the old goldies alive big up! I was wondering if u have seen any red stem trait while working whit Ethiopia Highland? :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Angola and Zamal x Ethiopia!!! Mmmm, My mind and heart are already racing with anticipation... I'm glad they will be released in regular. I love the option of selecting males. Seed library will be looking beautiful for future grows. Thank you Ace! You are the best. I hope it's Ok to keep my love affair going with Orient Express? lol
Peace

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thanks Manivelle for your kind words and for your interest in our work,

Yes, we have been doing lately selections with African Seeds Ethiopian highland sativa
African Seeds Company was a fantastic company. I wonder what happened to them. I have my Tanzanian Magic seeds from them of course. The first time I grew it it blew me away with it's sheer psychedelic power.

They had lots of other strains, like Ethiopian Highland, Kariba Surprise, Malawi Gold, and a lot of strains that hadn't been released.

UPDATE

The great late Overgrow website had a description of African Seeds Company strains:

http://www.mjguide.com/strains/African_Seeds/index.html

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 420empire,

Yes, we found ethiopians with red and purple colors in the stems and in the flowers in late flowering, but the best ones are completely green, even outdoors with cold temps. Indeed, the ethiopian stock released only come from the best 2 green female mothers (pollinated by 3 different males), although other 6 females (some with colors) were also reproduced for preservation purposes (not released).

Hope it helps with your doubt.

Thank u so Much Dubi and crew ! It´s so awesome you keep the old goldies alive big up! I was wondering if u have seen any red stem trait while working whit Ethiopia Highland? :)

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
African Seeds Company Strains

African Seeds Company Strains

From my old Tanzanian Magic card from the African Seeds company, which has a map and strains listed:

1. Durban Poison S. Africa
Durban Poison Natural
Transkei Green

2. Swazi Rooibart / Skunk

3. Lesotho Highland
4. Zambia Copper
5. Kariba Surprise - Zimbabwe
6. Mocambique Makonde*
7. Madagascar Magic*
8. Congo Fever (DRC)*
9. Malawi Gold
10. Ethiopian Highland
11. Cameroon Coffee*
12. Vasco da Gama Senegal*
13. Tanzanian Magic

* Coming Soon

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Hey Dubi.

Thanks, i notice the red stem colour in Ethiopian Highland from the Averrage Seed Co. my friend had, he then crossed it out wiht som other strain, ( can´t remember which one) and it had a beautifully red stem.

Hey Tanzanian Magic. Really nice info, do u btw. if anyone is working with the Tanzanian magic repro?

Regards 420E

Last edited:
N

NotACrim

i would love to see Kariba Surprise around. it has been grown in Australia the last few years.