What's new

Outdoor Test Plant

as titled i am putting one o.g kush plant outside to see if it survives, i know its early but its just a test... well see what happens

hamstring

Veteran
I'm in, I have a bunch of OG kush from kushkush to try this year. Recommended for indoor but has as a listed outdoor finish time of Sept 15th. Never grown it out side would love to hear from someone who has. I'm at 42deg

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I got a seed popping up through the soil outdoors naturally. It has about 8 nodes on it already and it has been raining the two weeks it has been growing. Hope your does well, and no I don't think it is too early for seeds outdoors.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Early fun!-- Hamstring- My cut of real deal TahoeOG finished Oct. 8th @ 41.?? deg took it before some big rain but you should throw it out, then take a bunch of clones when you trim her up and put them all over the place.NS

NorthState, sound like a plan if they can survive then thats what i had planned today it it's not so cold... 52*F,, we had a frost last night though i probally post some pics tomorrow....

hamstring

Veteran
Early fun!-- Hamstring- My cut of real deal TahoeOG finished Oct. 8th @ 41.?? deg took it before some big rain but you should throw it out, then take a bunch of clones when you trim her up and put them all over the place.NS

Thanks for the info how did it perform outdoors? I know OG are not generally huge plants or have large yields what was your experience with it?

Would you consider it completely finished at Oct 8th?
Heavy or light feeder?
Any mold problems?
Yield, I was hoping 4oz/ plant???

Pay attention to the weather forecast and cover them up with a five gallon bucket or something smaller, with some weight on top, when storms or frost are passing through.

You take care of them and they'll take care of you!

djonkoman

Veteran
no idea what your climate is, but I'm at 53 degrees north and dscovered 2 years ago end of april is the best plantout time for me.
I planted some seeds begin april outside, they did come aboveground but stood still after that, and end april/begin may they started growing a lot faster. so they do survive easily, just doesn't really make a difference if you're earlier, and they're in the vulnerable seedlingstage longer

the teen i put out there in soil is surviving and looking great to me, so i think i will make some clones from its mother, and when they root throw them outside as well...

hey guys dead thread but i will have some pics up later today of the one i put out doors early with 2 others planted about 3 weeks ago

Latest posts

Latest posts