What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got Grow Apps?

WasntMe

I'm looking for a log app on the apple platform if anyone knows one...

Here is one I found on the android market..
Grow Buddy
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.freddyt.growbuddy&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmZyZWRkeXQuZ3Jvd2J1ZGR5Il0.
Unfortunately I don't see that they make an apple version yet.

Any buddy else have some link to app based grow logs or other garden tool apps?

If you think your spread sheet/excel file is better then any app could be then post the file for others to see/use. (I'd still rather have an apple app for a few reasons though)

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
This could be very useful. Hopefully someone will chime in and share some info. I think the days of paper journals and logs have gone by the wayside. It's about time we had all that info in a digital format.

ChronicFUNK

i still keep a paper ledger in my grow room, i find it easier to record all the info with a pen.. i honestly find it really annoying to type lengthy shit into a phone or ipad..

and who knows what kind of security issues come along with digital

.. just sayin

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i wouldn't carry any grow info on a smart phone. if you get pulled over and searched, isn't your cell phone subject to search? :dunno:

just sayin :2cents:

WasntMe

I prefer an apple app cause it can be remote wiped easily if that was ever needed ... but I would just leave one of my iPads at the grow site.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
I always thought about this, but the paranoid f*ck in me thinks it would be some LEO plot to get people to download these Apps, then just get the DL list and catch ya.....as I type and post to ICMAG hahaha.

aod

I

Iron_Lion

While you're at it might as well snap a few pics and upload them to your facebook. Check Diz Ill HomeGroWnZ :biglaugh:

WasntMe

if you don't like it don't use it....easy enough.

so for the rest of us that aren't super paranoid or don't have a reason to be ... has anyone come across an apple based one yet?

Str8Dank

For apple I use awesome note. They have a dairy function and you can add pics to the entry and there is a button to snap pics right in the note function. There is also meta data so u can u one folder and store everything and just filter by keywords (e.g. "flower march 2012").

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use these. Even as a guy who makes his living in the tech world, there are times when paper is better.

-AK

don't forget that you have to get your phone set up for the remote functions to work. also... this is only possible if your phone has battery power and turned on. Same for the remote locator. plus the battery life is not outstanding on iphones... just something to consider. Not really a crutch you can count on when storing your entire life in a device like that, and cops know it. can be putting yourself and many others at risk, as in anyone you've emailed etc. just sayin' ~mgd

didn't say it was secure, it's just an extra door they have to find a way to jump through. The way I see it, if the cops are coming for your phone, you have bigger things to worry about

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
didn't say it was secure, it's just an extra door they have to find a way to jump through. The way I see it, if the cops are coming for your phone, you have bigger things to worry about

here i'll quote the article that EASTCOASTSEEKER posted. Pay attention to the bolded part...

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Think about all the personal information we keep in our cell phones: It’s something to consider after the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit ruled it is now legal for police to search cell phones without a warrant.
Former Dallas FBI Agent Danny Defenbaugh said the ruling gives law enforcement a leg up. “I think not only will it help them, but it could be life saving,” said the former Special Agent, who was based in Dallas.

The decision stems from an Indiana case where police arrested a man for dealing drugs. An officer searched the suspect’s cell phone without warrant.
The judge in the appeal case, Judge Richard Posner, agreed that the officer had to search the phone immediately or risk losing valuable evidence. Judge Posner ruled it was a matter of urgency, arguing it was possible for an accomplice to wipe the phone clean using a computer or other remote device.
Defenbaugh says the ruling takes into account exigent or time-sensitive circumstances that could be life saving in more urgent cases, such as child abduction. ”If the child is alive and you’re only minutes behind, that could be critical to recovering that child alive,” added Defenbaugh.
Judge Posner ruled that the search was legal because the officer conducted a limited search and only looked for phone numbers associated with the alleged drug deal. The judge argued it was similar to flipping through a diary to search for basic information such as addresses and phone numbers.
Paul Coggins is the former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas. Coggins says the court’s ruling pushes the envelope on privacy issues and wonders if it opens the door to more extensive searches down the road. “Does that mean officers now have the right to search through your phone, search through your search history, your photographs, your e-mails and the rest, because it could all be wiped clean,” Coggins asked.
Many critics are asking the same question. They call the ruling an invasion of privacy that far outweighs the needs of law enforcement.
Both Defenbaugh and Coggins agree that the case is likely to go to the U.S. Supreme court.
at this point the Supreme Court will eventually get the case, but until then police are gonna use this against people...

let me hypothesize; police pull you over, say they smell weed and search your phone... YOUR FUCKED !!!!

i wouldn't put shit on my phone about growing... :2cents: