What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imcompetent garden supply shop workers

budbasket

Sorry about the rant... BUT just got back from the "local" indoor garden supply shop, 45min drive across town, and what the hell is up with these people hiring complete idiots to work the store? Some dumb bitch decided to walk from the clear back of the store where I was loading supplies onto the register desk IN FRONT OF HER in the back, to the front register in the store and wouldn't come back, so I had to lug everything up front which isn't a horrible inconvenience but the loading door for the indoor stuff was literally like 5 steps to the cars vs across an entire parking lot via the front. On top of that little annoyance I asked if they had any coco bricks at the warehouse, all they had in the back was shitty atami pre-soaked bags. The girl looks at me with a complete blank face and slowly asks into her walkie-talkie if any one knew if it was in stock, having absolutely no clue what I was talking about, even mispronounced "coco coir", couldn't even pronounce it at first I had to keep repeating myself. Frustrated I said don't worry about it ill just get this...out of 3 bottles total I bought, she overcharged me $1.00 on 2 of them. Again not a huge deal I am not going broke over $2.00 but it's just the lacking level of professionalism. I have always tried to support local in the past but this trip was my last, it'll be online orders from here on out. Sorry again about the rant it just pisses me off when there's an industry I care so much about and its being ran by fools.

Slangheat

Few years ago my town only had one indoor grow shop ... owner of the shop was totally down to earth and full of good knowledge. Never upsold me on shit I didn't need... always better prices than everyone else and he'd still hook me up with a discount on most things. Thinking back I owe him big time for a lot of tips and honesty when he could have easily marked his shit up and been a dick knowing the only other place was a 45 min drive.

The place was a front, he was always honest to me about that, which I never cared about, I just appreciated his service. Since then though, he's grown to out compete new shops that have sprung up. He's almost never in his store, and his employees consist of your typical "pot-star" persona. I know most of them from before the store even opened, and they are part of a crowd I had to mature out of and detach myself from. The same guys who used to brag about their bags of dirt weed at the community college are now working part time jobs in the hydro store trying to push a bunch of shit on me that I know I don't need - even after showing them why I don't need it, they just turn on the stoner jargon and write me off now.. it's hilarious TBH.

His store started out as indoor gardening for hydro and organic dirt growers.. now he's pretty much strictly hydro/liquid bottle shop but the "organic" signs are still hanging. I sometimes think about mentioning all of this to him whenever I do see him around, but it's not my business. He'll just lose a good, longtime customer if he doesn't catch onto it himself.

Sucks if you have to go the online ordering route for simple shit, but it's our option to find a better place to shop if we don't like the one we currently go to.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
sounds like all the cannabis clubs around here.....

hire the prettiest girl with the least amount of brains is the prerequisite ........

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We don't have many choices in my area. The one shop is way overpriced but I guess I'm lucky to have even ONE store because I'm way behind enemy lines.

I just have a problem with employee's that don't know what they have for sale, where it is or the price.

When I have to tell the guy the price of his own shit then that gets annoying because my ass is on the line just showing up in his store IMO.

R. Fortune

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I think its cuz good growers have a conscience and cant recomend half the bullshit they sell at hydroshops. They need a dumb drone to read the promo lines. Yeah they hire retards at cannabis clubs too. I can deal with the retarded girls, cuz theyre hot, but I cant stand when they have a retarded dude workin behind the counter. The last time I went to fruitridge they had someone who didnt know a THING about the cuts he had, then after 10 minutes of asking another worker everything I asked him he said "oh yeah, heres a paper with all the info about the cuts.." mothafucka! you could take ten minutes out your day to memorize that shit?!? THen they dont know shit about the meds theyre selling.."yeah this one is pure sativa, so its more of a body high instead of a head high" yall fools dont have a Single PURE sativa in your club, and probably never seen or smoked one, but your tellin me blue dream crossed with kush is a PURE sativa. fuckin retards. They really need to implement some kind of prerequisite test for cannabis club workers, its only fair to the patients...

L

longearedfriend

I can deal with the retarded girls, cuz theyre hot, but I cant stand when they have a retarded dude workin behind the counter.

:)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Well guys I am going to run the other way with this one. The wife and I went to try this new BBQ sandwich place and right next door was a hydro store so we checked it out. First off this place is less than half the distance for me than the nearest other store. Second their prices were better than the store I was using. Third and most important in my opinion was that the owner was working the counter and knew what the hell he was talking about. I am really stoked to have found this new store.

BlueGrassToker

Only store I will go to is run by the owners.
They have two very knowledgeable guys that also work the counter.
This place has been in business for nearly 3 decades.

Idiots abound in each and every venue. The free market tends to cull out the less than desirable business'.

Str8Dank

im in a med state and most workers are also growers. this means a basic understanding of products but that does not mean you can have them walk you through a grow if you're new and expect the best bang for your buck lol.

i've had issues with the local stores and sworn them off also but i end up going back every time. over charged, under stocked, over priced etc etc.

Bunz

Do your own research, buy your stuff online and have it shipped to your safe house. This way you don't have to put up with the bullshit in a hydro store. Only thing I don't buy on line is my Canna Coco, because I don't want to pay shipping. Walk in, put 5 or so bags on the counter, pay & walk out. "Do you need anything else?" "Yes, my change!"

C

cyberwax

i wish we had growshops around here, all we have is those fucking garden centers; however its the same story there, people dont know shit about anything.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like all the cannabis clubs around here.....

hire the prettiest girl with the least amount of brains is the prerequisite ........

Once again the good Rev. Krunchbubble preaches the truth, amen and hallelujah..

I was in one of the hydro whore stores (not my normal one where peeps know wtf their talking about) that was in the area I was delivering med's to a patient. Very cute blond chick comes up, I ask her a simple question, looked like a deer in the headlights moment! I could almost hear the gears turning ever so slowly as she tried to answer a question it was obvious within the first .025 sec's she had no clue on.

I told her it was ok I'll figure it out myself and left....laughing.:tiphat:

k90728

Took the bus during weekend traffic in nyc. hour going over there

The guys had no idea wtf they were doing, the supplies were horrible and the dudes were wearing miracle grow sweaters.
Plus they were selling pillows for like 20-30dollars.

Ugh w/e i just bought a bag of vermiculite since legit no store in nyc sells that shit.
Gonna go back to get the big 75 clone holder though, only cool random thing i found.

edit: i wonder how they pay rent on one of the most expensive blocks on nyc and are only open seasonally.
must be a front like really lmfao.

Latest posts

Latest posts