What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4ftx2ft Tent SCROG - 5 Tahoe OG Clones - CFLS!

This is my first grow so I'm open to all thoughts and any advice. I'm using 12 23 Watt CFL's (8 6500K, 4 2700k) I picked these clones up from a local club yesterday and I can't wait to see these babies grow.

I'm using Organic Choice Miracle Grow for my soil, I've just been using Arrowhead bottled water and I have no idea what my plans are for nutes. I want to grow using just water but if it really hurts my harvest that much, then i might need to look into getting some nutes.

http://imgur.com/a/oxfrt#pfedB Here are some photos of each plant, The 2nd and 5th picture are broken for me but hopefully not you.

I'm guessing they're around 2 and 1/2 weeks old? I forgot to ask when I purchased them yesterday.

I'll snap some shots of my tent, lights, and setup later today when the lights go back on.

Any and all criticism is wanted! Thanks for checking out my first grow! :)

G

growhigh1233

looking good matey !!!

im a hydro man my self so couldnt advise you on nuts !!
but sure one of the old heads will point you in right direction

all the best !!

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
This is my first grow so I'm open to all thoughts and any advice. I'm using 12 23 Watt CFL's (8 6500K, 4 2700k) I picked these clones up from a local club yesterday and I can't wait to see these babies grow.

I'm using Organic Choice Miracle Grow for my soil, I've just been using Arrowhead bottled water and I have no idea what my plans are for nutes. I want to grow using just water but if it really hurts my harvest that much, then i might need to look into getting some nutes.

http://imgur.com/a/oxfrt#pfedB Here are some photos of each plant, The 2nd and 5th picture are broken for me but hopefully not you.

I'm guessing they're around 2 and 1/2 weeks old? I forgot to ask when I purchased them yesterday.

I'll snap some shots of my tent, lights, and setup later today when the lights go back on.

Any and all criticism is wanted! Thanks for checking out my first grow! :)

Off to a nice enough start,.... however, that's not enough light for a single plant SCROG let alone a 5 plant SCROG.

looking at the pix, I'd say they're 2.5 weeks from getting cut from the mother plant! (roots take about a week or week and a half to form ;) ) So no more than 1 week of vege time.

You got em in some big pots,.... be careful not to over water,

4x2' tent? Never heard of one that small....... but that's neither here nor there......

Here's a shot of my 4x9' room (closet), Thats only 9 plants!,.... 600 + 400w HPS (1000w total, just spread out better! ;) )

Attachments

• 0309112337.jpg
    0309112337.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 8
Off to a nice enough start,.... however, that's not enough light for a single plant SCROG let alone a 5 plant SCROG.

looking at the pix, I'd say they're 2.5 weeks from getting cut from the mother plant! (roots take about a week or week and a half to form ;) ) So no more than 1 week of vege time.

You got em in some big pots,.... be careful not to over water,

4x2' tent? Never heard of one that small....... but that's neither here nor there......

Here's a shot of my 4x9' room (closet), Thats only 9 plants!,.... 600 + 400w HPS (1000w total, just spread out better! ;) )

My understanding was that you need 50 watts per sq ft, with 276 watts for 5 plants.. I must be doing something wrong!

I have no idea how to add more lighting!!! My DIY light box is just big enough to hold the 12 bulbs, I do have extra 23 watt 2700K CFLS but nothing to plug them into.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
u got a 2deep 4wide 5 tall tent u dont really want a 1k in there.... it would be a bitch ... the floros will work but u may wanna upgrade to a 400-600w in a cooltube down the road that would prob kill it in there...
canni that garden looks very good for only 1 k in that spce if it were 1 light it wouldnt be half as nice... but 4x9 u could get away with much more intese light... imagin dem ladies under 2k

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
u got a 2deep 4wide 5 tall tent u dont really want a 1k in there.... it would be a bitch ... the floros will work but u may wanna upgrade to a 400-600w in a cooltube down the road that would prob kill it in there...
canni that garden looks very good for only 1 k in that spce if it were 1 light it wouldnt be half as nice... but 4x9 u could get away with much more intese light... imagin dem ladies under 2k

Yeah, I wasn't sayin he should get a 1000, just that the current floros won't be enough, I agree a 400-600 in a cool tube would kill his current setup.

As for my garden, I'd love to slide a bit more wattage in on it,. but I can't pull more on the circuit. The HPS are just my flower, I've also got a vege/cloning room thats pulling 620w on the same circuit. I don't have funds to re-wire my house, so I'm erring on the side of safety ;)

BAG, thanks for the pic of the lighting,..... I'm sure there's a way you can expand on that,.... I'm a bit brain dead this morning so I'm fresh out of ideas. :(

I was told that purchasing a sun systems 150w HPS for 58$ will greatly increase my yield during flower, do I only use the HPS for flowering? Also this morning I woke up and some
Of the plants are "falling over" I gave them
Each a little water and misted all leaves. I feel like I under water but I really have no idea.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I gave them
Each a little water and misted all leaves. I feel like I under water but I really have no idea.

You can prop the seedlings up with something laying around the crib. You'll learn what thirsty plants look like. Don't water until needed.

One way you can tell when to water is to pick up the pot. A wet pot will be heavier than a dry one. Wait until the medium is dry then saturate.

Obviously you don't want the medium to dry so much that plants droop or wilt.

You'll see a pattern depending on plant size and amount of medium. If your plant needs water on the 4th day, count on needing water every 4th day. As the plants get bigger, that 4 day window will narrow. If you pot up, that window may widen.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
canni for ur power situatioon u got the perfect setup ... def dont add more light till u get the amps... siding on safety is the way to go.... i bet ur yield per watt ia gonna be great as for yield for spce hmmm...but still i see that lookin like atleast a g per watt if dialed in maybe more... rock that shit bro..

bay- u can veg under hps, mh is ideal but many ppl rock hps throughout def add it in... if ya want ultrasun makes a hps/mh conversion bulb thats like 20 sumthin bucks u run in ur hps ballast to get the veg spectrum ur plants will love never used that brand bulbs but its the only 150w conversion bulbs i could find... either way keep it up...

You can prop the seedlings up with something laying around the crib. You'll learn what thirsty plants look like. Don't water until needed.

One way you can tell when to water is to pick up the pot. A wet pot will be heavier than a dry one. Wait until the medium is dry then saturate.

Obviously you don't want the medium to dry so much that plants droop or wilt.

You'll see a pattern depending on plant size and amount of medium. If your plant needs water on the 4th day, count on needing water every 4th day. As the plants get bigger, that 4 day window will narrow. If you pot up, that window may widen.

I found a bunch of paper clips that i'm using to give a few of my plants an extra footing. I've been watering them a few times a day for the past two days, I think it's because I don't give much water during each watering. Usually a 500 ML water bottle between all 5 plants, sometimes even half of the bottle + two rounds of misting for them all. Really appreciate the help and thank you for checking out my first grow! :thank you:

bay- u can veg under hps, mh is ideal but many ppl rock hps throughout def add it in... if ya want ultrasun makes a hps/mh conversion bulb thats like 20 sumthin bucks u run in ur hps ballast to get the veg spectrum ur plants will love never used that brand bulbs but its the only 150w conversion bulbs i could find... either way keep it up...

Thanks for the info, but sadly due to my budget I'm going to have to stick with my CFLs for this grow. It still confuses me how the HPS would be better than my current setup, If i did my math correctly my CFL's (12x1600 = 19200 lumens) put out more lumens than an HPS (16,000 lumens) I'm a confused noob grower! ahah :)

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Your #'s seem about right for the 150w HPS,..... but that's a single bulb vs your 12x 23w bulbs which is 276 actual watts.

I think most of us are hinting on adding the 150w HPS on top of the CFL's your already using bringing your total wattage to 426, and lumens to 35,200.

FYI My 600w HPS Puts down about 90,000 lumens, and my 400w about 50,000....... I used to run just the 400w in a 4x2.5 space,.... it was JUST enough to SCROG 2 plants.

Your #'s seem about right for the 150w HPS,..... but that's a single bulb vs your 12x 23w bulbs which is 276 actual watts.

I think most of us are hinting on adding the 150w HPS on top of the CFL's your already using bringing your total wattage to 426, and lumens to 35,200.

FYI My 600w HPS Puts down about 90,000 lumens, and my 400w about 50,000....... I used to run just the 400w in a 4x2.5 space,.... it was JUST enough to SCROG 2 plants.

Wow, I feel like i'm really lacking some light! Will i still be successful? or will my yield be extremely hurt because of my little amount of light?

Also, here are some recent photos. http://imgur.com/a/3hBDH#gUt7u

The last plant is really worrying me, she seems to be getting weaker and weaker.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
use em all bro heres a plant i combined a bumch of shit i had at a desp time and got close to 12oz out of it with cfls and leds and shit,,, my boy pulls sick numbers out of it but rocks the cool tube now same tent i think he at like 18 or 20 off 3 bitches,,,but the placement of cfls sre key with the low wattage to get a huge yieldu willneed to keep adjustin em clip off the clip lights work better then on them with the reflectors to gettem in close... i haven did it in a while but as i remeber that tent ill keep u up..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You'll do best with what you can cool. High temps won't do you any favors. More fan = more noise. Weigh the pros and cons of each possibility and choose what's best for you.

You'll do best with what you can cool. High temps won't do you any favors. More fan = more noise. Weigh the pros and cons of each possibility and choose what's best for you.

I actually have 3 fans inside the tent itself, and 1 exhaust fan in the light box pushing all the hot air through a 25ft duct out my window. The noise is generally masked by the violin music that I play for my plants. My temps seem to be pretty good for CFLS as well, Generally between 75-78 and I have my lights go off at the hottest hours in the day (12-6PM) so it makes it super easy to keep it cool. I really want to check on my plants to see if they look any better (especially DRE) but I have to wait for the dark cycle to end!! :( The "lifeless" look of DRE makes me wonder if I'm not giving enough water, or maybe it's the opposite. Noob grower for the win! :p :artist:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I actually have 3 fans inside the tent itself, and 1 exhaust fan in the light box pushing all the hot air through a 25ft duct out my window. The noise is generally masked by the violin music that I play for my plants. My temps seem to be pretty good for CFLS as well, Generally between 75-78 and I have my lights go off at the hottest hours in the day (12-6PM) so it makes it super easy to keep it cool. I really want to check on my plants to see if they look any better (especially DRE) but I have to wait for the dark cycle to end!! :( The "lifeless" look of DRE makes me wonder if I'm not giving enough water, or maybe it's the opposite. Noob grower for the win! :p :artist:

What Disco was saying was,

More heat means more evacuation of heat from the room,... which = more exhaust fan,... = more noise.

Most circulation fans are nearly silent,.... however, a 600cfm duct exhaust fan makes a good bit of noise.

As for that last pic,..... that one could go either way,.... what kind of root structure did that plant have when it went into the larger container?

I want to say it's overwatered since the soil looks damp, perhaps stop the foliar spraying on that one and just water the roots when they are dry?

If I'm wrong it'll just kill it. ;)

Sorry, had a really tough day at work, feeling a bit snarky.