What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People who left rez/head/lucas?

To those of you have run the general hydro coco method, and switched, how has the change been? Its very simple and straight forward method but I always seem to have some sort of cal mag issue that I cant quiet eradicate. So if you switched, what to, how has it been for you, and do you plan to stay?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
yeah canna to gh, n back to canna. i like it much better.

plus it has silicates, humic/fulvics and is designed for coco. just makes it harder to f things up:jump:

W

Warpainted

I've switched. I started out with Rez's formula, which worked good for me until the end. I messed up on ph or something at the end, I don't know but I almost killed them before harvest.

I then deviated from the formula slightly, and my plants ended up looking like shit again. I was trying to add different products, experimenting I guess.

Now I'm growing organic thanks to the beginner thread in organic section. Organic is actually a lot easier imo. My wife thinks maybe I have a greenthumb now, but no it's all thanks to the organic thread. All I do is add water.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I've switched. I started out with Rez's formula, which worked good for me until the end. I messed up on ph or something at the end, I don't know but I almost killed them before harvest.

I then deviated from the formula slightly, and my plants ended up looking like shit again. I was trying to add different products, experimenting I guess.

Now I'm growing organic thanks to the beginner thread in organic section. Organic is actually a lot easier imo. My wife thinks maybe I have a greenthumb now, but no it's all thanks to the organic thread. All I do is add water.

my thoughts are that the koolbloom is to much, made some of my girls turn brown from fert burn.

swithched to Dynagro prefer the nut balance

oh ya went back to peat, coco is to much maintenance for no real benefit, just my opinion tho

a12

I used the 6/9 Head recipe and it worked great for me... now trying the FloraNova Grow and Bloom + Liquid Kool Bloom and it is working great too.

Peace.

dman16

never have personally ran GH but been around it enough to make a comparison. GH with rez/lucas can get great results but IMO using CANNA COCO is without a doubt the way to go for growing in coco. sooo simple no nute burn or deficiency issues the whole grow running 4 new strains. I did supplement with calmag+ as many on here do with CANNA and coco

G

grow nerd

I've used Canna Coco A+B before, and I've used the H3ad/REZ 6/9 before, all with good results but now I just use a slightly different GH + additive formula and much happier. Wish my battery charger would get here soon so I could show you what I mean.

The A+B worked fine but I didn't like that, with the knowledge I had at the time, I couldn't easily adjust to cut out nitrogen late in flower. It really felt "watered down", seems like I've used more mL's of the Canna nutes than just about any other brand per gallon of nutes mixed. Definitely not on the inexpensive side and becoming less available it seems. Not a fan personally.

C

Carl Carlson

Grow G.H. Grow AMERICAN.

does that marketing appeal to anyone? I kind of like it.

The Dutch companies have been attaching their nationality to the advertising campaigns for years.

B

Bud Bug

Grow G.H. Grow AMERICAN.

does that marketing appeal to anyone? I kind of like it.

The Dutch companies have been attaching their nationality to the advertising campaigns for years.

Except GH coco is not American made or packaged.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Do coco specific nutes eliminate cal/mag issues? I'm running Floranova Bloom from veg to flower. And always end up with cal/mag issues. I recently started using Technaflora's MagiCal and it has helped a lot. But, if I can eliminate running into any cal/mag deficienies that would be nice. By the way, FNB kicks ass besides that!

my thoughts are that the koolbloom is to much, made some of my girls turn brown from fert burn.

swithched to Dynagro prefer the nut balance

oh ya went back to peat, coco is to much maintenance for no real benefit, just my opinion tho

i just left coco behind also, see no real benefit either aside from wasteing water and a medium u have to be pot size specific, extra careful with ph, holds cations, needs a shit load of nutes and needs in my opinion to amended with lots of perlite as well.. ran it twice, iim over it

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I've used H3ad's formula, FloraNova Bloom, and AN Sensi Bloom in coco.

To this day I'm still experiencing recurring problems.

However, I'm starting to think that my problems are limited to containerized coco growing. I ran coco slabs with Sensi and had perfect plants. Deep pots of coco seem to eventually experience buildup/lockout/overwatering.

mojo420

Do coco specific nutes eliminate cal/mag issues? I'm running Floranova Bloom from veg to flower. And always end up with cal/mag issues. I recently started using Technaflora's MagiCal and it has helped a lot. But, if I can eliminate running into any cal/mag deficienies that would be nice. By the way, FNB kicks ass besides that!

I've used Canna's A and B for several years now and if you use it with RO water, you'll need to add cal-mag to it. I use RO exclusively and when I added 1mL/gallon, I still had issues - zeroed in on 2mL/gal about 18 months ago and that's been flawless as far as defs are concerned - provided the pH is in range. Canna's coco specific ferts are meant to be run with tap and you shouldn't need the cal-mag with tap unless your tap's shitty, like mine - but you still may need it - guess every garden's a little different.

Castelvetro, what are you using now?

i run peat with perlite, ill be adding nothing but epsoma n worm castings to my next run on top of that, im bored with hydro erb, its never as good as dirt grown erb. and all the guys that grow hydro end up doing is adding all the goodies in a soil mix in liquid form to there coco or hydroton anyways. basically tired of the effort and waste of a soiless grow, erb doesnt carry the same rich smell or taste and even though plants grow great i dont think they show the same health as plants grown in a healthy soil, u can start coco in small cups, transplant after transplant untill your ready for your plants final home or just run dirt with a big ol pot and be left with 80 percent less work. i take the easy route.

i do add chems when needed though, i like the best of both worlds at least for now.

southpaw

Every time I'm about to jump ship, I get things sorted out one way or another. Nice thread idea though, coco is versatile and I like to hear about what other methods/ nute lines are working for people.

Latest posts

Latest posts