What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest5703

Welcome all! Our first thread was a great success about the different strains being grown in our fine city, it accumulated so many posts that the thread itself had to be shutdown!

Now we've got a chance to represent SD from the start of 2010, lets get going!!!

I'd like to start things off with some of SD's current finest

We all remember the Sour Dubble right???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some SR71 Purple Kush

picture.php

picture.php

Of course we're always keepin it fresh!

picture.php

picture.php

But still we remain strong with the old regulars, Here's a cross of Green Crack and Ice Queen called Green Ice

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And you know we've got the fire.....

picture.php

picture.php

So stick around and join us in our goal to keep the medical community informed on what they are tokin!

Last edited:
V

Voodoo

Green ice looks like it would be fun sir! Sour double is one of those plants that will put out killer buds, garaunteed. Looks like you've had that same experience. :D Excellent work on the SR71, that thing looks preettttty...

I finally got around to improving my reflectivity in my setup. White wasn't reflecting enough light, so I went mylar on the light boards. Best 7 dollars I've ever spent. Gotta be like 40% brighter in there...

100_1920.jpg

As you can see, the alien dawg has started to respond nicely. (Center front)

P

planty

What's up dude what wattage are those? I need to find myself some 42W Cool Whites like that for my green house this spring!!

Here's some Chem Dawg #4 about a month from chop

:thank you:

Attachments

• IMG_7905.jpg
    IMG_7905.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 27
V

Voodoo

What's up dude what wattage are those? I need to find myself some 42W Cool Whites like that for my green house this spring!!

Here's some Chem Dawg #4 about a month from chop

:thank you:

DROOL. Great room there! Those are actually 23w/26w standard 4 pack home depot CFLs.
Home Depot - 12 Pack - Soft White (2700k) CFL - $21.00
Home Depot - 2 pack - Bright White (3500k) CFL - $7.97
Home Depot - 2 pack Daylight (6500k) CFL - $7.97

My 16 bulbs in flower would run roughly 35-40 bucks.

The fixtures I use; Home Depot - metal security lighting dual fixture - $6.87. So you figure I have 6 fixtures at 7 bucks, another $42 there.

I have a little 8 inch fan I use to blow air over the plants, it will keep the temp locked at about 72 degrees.
Home Depot - 8inch table top fan - $9.98

You'll need some wire for the fixtures, a couple of universal construction plugs, some wire nuts and some electrical tape.

Effectively, its going to cost you $90 to flower a 3x3 area like I have. ;)

That should provide a hell of a full spectrum, VERY cheaply. I would encourage the same level of each color of lighting, though the bluer you get (higher the number) the more resin and shorter the growth. Red-er lights (lower the number) provide more buds and more stretch. This rule is um, general at best, so don't take it as too much gospel.

Light density is the main thing. I maintain that a CFL's effective distance is only as big as a basketball, so space them roughly 8 inches apart on a grid, that way you never lose density and you'll always see the full 1500ish lumens each they are touted to emit.

Here's an idea of density and trich development..
100_1896.jpg

P

planty

What's up bro I'm looking for the 42W cool white kind, I just want to keep my ladies in veg longer.

dayuuum good work felllazzzz all that looks bangin and dat buble hash looks yummy i cant wait till my boy makes some of that this year of that outdoor problably have to wait till october/novemberbut it will be a long time till then but i know its worth the wait keep it up CALI,PLANTY,VOODOO

V

Voodoo

What's up bro I'm looking for the 42W cool white kind, I just want to keep my ladies in veg longer.

2 23 watt bulbs will equate to 1 42w bulb, but the light output will be more even and spreads your light density over a larger area. Same principle as using three 600w hps to make up for two 1000w bulbs.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
edit:mod says its stayin here. good enough for me, so to everyone who pm'd me, i tried.

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Yea I had sent one to skip this morning as well Rob but no reply. I figured well just keep rocking it in California but if everyone wants to move it maybe it could just be moved now?

Voodoo what up! Was wondering what you think, I have 4 T-5 fixtures right now I need new bulbs in, should I replace the bulbs or go with CFL from home depot? This is for veg, thanks.

V

Voodoo

Voodoo what up! Was wondering what you think, I have 4 T-5 fixtures right now I need new bulbs in, should I replace the bulbs or go with CFL from home depot? This is for veg, thanks.

T5s work VERY well in veg. The big question is what bulbs does the fixture use? I want to determine your watts/lumens per square foot. One of the problems with flourescents that you run into with linear style bulbs is that the lumen density is spread over 4 feet, so you need a bank of 4 or 8 if possible to really beam the plants like you need to. For instance;

A 54 watt high output T5 slams out about 4800 lumens. Divided over 4 feet (the bulb is 48" long) and the lumens per square foot is about 1200. So to attain the level of light density you need the fixture would have to have a bank of three bulbs to attain the same level of light intensity as my double CFL clusters, the triple clusters would require it to be a 4 light T5 fixture.

I have seen 8 light T5 fixtures that use 54 watt bulbs. They are simply amazing if you have the money, and therein lies my problem with T5s.

The bulb I mentioned is F54W/T5/865/40
- $15.99 through specialty lights.

At 16 bucks apiece, the bulbs for the aforementioned fixture will come out to $128. However, the 432 watt fixture is $499!!! On the upshot the life of those bulbs is about 20,000 hours and you just covered an area 4 X 2 with enough light to flower with if you wanted to. ;)

The reason I did the CFL thing initially was to show people an easy to use, cheap and dirty way to get a whole lotta light in an area without developing a lot of heat and thus keeping the electric bill down. According to this website (and my electric bill), my bill has gone up $15.35 since I started growing.

I love the new attention being paid to the fluorescent side! :D I never thought my CFLs would EVER be able to compete with HPS, in fact I was fully sold on the idea that CFLs were garbage till I finished the white diesel:
100_1653.jpg

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
I personally like these

Lamp No DT55/50/RS
Bar Code 49311
Watts 55
MOL in/mm 21.5/546
Avg Life 14000
Bulb T-5
Base 2G11
CT deg K 5000
CRI 82
Approx Initial Lumens 4800
Approx Mean Lumens 4320

55 watts- 21.5 inches long

V

Voodoo

I personally like these

Lamp No DT55/50/RS
Bar Code 49311
Watts 55
MOL in/mm 21.5/546
Avg Life 14000
Bulb T-5
Base 2G11
CT deg K 5000
CRI 82
Approx Initial Lumens 4800
Approx Mean Lumens 4320

55 watts- 21.5 inches long

Oooooh, that could make it worth it! 100 bucks for a fixture and 9 bucks a bulb, not bad... I may have to buy a couple of those..

FaderVader

New thread ^_^ well i best contribute...

Merlot Kush (Grape Ape x Og (Oregon kid cut this time instead of larry)
1 1/2-2 weeks out i hope...this is the third gen

DSC_3858.jpg

DSC_3843.jpg

And the fabled one... The Black Cauldron

DSC_3839.jpg

P

planty

Sup Voodoo you may be right..that math works out on paper, but the big homies told me I need the 42 watt cool whites CFLs (has to do with the lumen power that they have PER bulb)...so that's what I need. I don't want to change up from what they've told me and I've seen while working with them...I tried to do that last season and almost failed.

V

Voodoo

Sup Voodoo you may be right..that math works out on paper, but the big homies told me I need the 42 watt cool whites CFLs (has to do with the lumen power that they have PER bulb)...so that's what I need. I don't want to change up from what they've told me and I've seen while working with them...I tried to do that last season and almost failed.

You want these then. I also found these 65watt bulbs. Same deal, 2800 lumens in the 42watt and 3900 lumens from the 65watt. They're both 2700k color temps, so the plants will have a tendency to grow a bit more node to node... and now I want them for flowering too, god damn it.:D

yibidy

jebus, i definettly vote we try to get this back in the medical section. if we titled it san diegos finest cuts and meds or sd's finest medical cuts then dr jayz would definetly be the most appropriat place, i know not every one on this thread is a medical patient but thats just a minor detail. i dunno its pretty sad to see the old thread go i guess we'll just have to rep it harder than ever

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.