What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New shootes yellow, old leaves yellowing from center outward to tips

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Plant is only about 11 days old from seed, it has 1 set of serrated leaves which are starting to become light green/yellow from the center of the plant out toward the tips.

New shoots are the same yellow/light green color.

seedling in peat sitting in a hempy cup, 80-84F, 63% RH, sitting beneath a 400W MH. There's a pc fan blowing between the light and the plant.

A few days ago it was on 24h blowing nearly right on the canopy but I have since moved the fan up a bit.

NO NUTES nor additives have been given to the plant yet so that may be the problem .. ?

Strain is Super Lemon Haze. I have a Original Haze x Skunk #1 (Sam's) seedling of the same age that might be a little light green but is generally healthy. I also have a durban poison 2 week old seedling which is doing OK in the same conditions - this is in soil though.

pics coming ASAP

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Are there several holes in the cups? You could be drowning them if you forgot, or they couyld be adapting to the hotter soil and will snap out of it, but that last pic, it's ready for a transplant.
What kind of soil? You said peat and no nutes? That very well may be the issue.

My clones start to turn yellow when they start rooting, and if I don't give them nutes they get yellower. At this point, I'd get some nutrient filled soil like Fox Farm or something and get them some food, make sure you have holes in the cups and you should be fine. I'm just guessing Nitrogen deficiency, give it a weak dose of nutes or transplant to soil with nutes! Best of luck.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Thanks Moldy. There's actually no soil at all except on that last one. The others (ones with problems) are currently sitting in mainly perlite. They're basically hempy cups, but with no standing water on the bottom, although the peat is soaked.

I have the GH flora series, will probably go with lucas formula. I was thinking nitrogen also but I'm not sure if that begins from the center going outwards. Might be Mg or sulfur?

Maybe I'll foilar feed superthrive + epsom salt

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
1219818525352.gif

S

Space Ghost

so you're in almost strait perlite? and you're not feeding? I'm no hydro guy, so don't quote me on nute strengths, but you NEED to start feeding with a complete formula with all the micros. Think about it this way... What is your plant eating right now? perlite?

E

EvilTwin

!!!
You say it's a hempy but also you say there's no standing water in the bottom.

Hempy's have standing water in the bottom...that's how they work. So what is it...a hempy or not?

One thought is that the 400w light could be too close. With seedlings you would want perhaps 15-18". That's a pretty big light for a baby plant.

I agree it's time to start feeding...start low, perhaps 1/4 strength.
ET

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
The light is in a cooltube and about 15" away. There's a TINY layer of water on the bottom, but they're in small party cups (not 16oz), waiting to get transplanted to coco later today or tomorrow.

Ive began feeding, let's see how it goes!

madcease

I have had tghe same problem if not worse and it was due to not having a ph meter and low epsom salts to.
Once adjustede things were fine then once ph dropped to about 5 it started to lock out again yellowing from inside out. Keep ph 5.8 or it will lockout
hope this helps