What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

Ulysses

DMF brand Earth Worm Castings at the Walmart in the outdoor garden section for $3.58 per 10 pound bag!

:woohoo:

Last month, I paid $29.95 for a 30 pound bag, so I'm off to buy a hundred pounds or so... hehehe... I'm going to open a bag and look at it first...

Anybody use DMF brand- how's the quality???

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
i dont know but that is effin awesome! i shall look at my walmart too.

have we been heard? finally?

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Ulysses

They are nice too... Black Rich Sweet Soil Smell... No wood or other scrap that I could see...

DMF's is a subsidiary of a Bait Supply Company so I guess they have a lot of earthworms laying around and decided to put them to work churning out castings...

Looked like only one pallet... But Walmart is restocked often- so let us hope this sku remains available all summer at least... Nice and close by, no paranoia like when walking into a hydrosuppy, cashiers don't even know what it is or what is for...

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
how long to you have to let worm castings cook when you add them to soil? or are they ready to grow? i have some soil now i was going to pick up a bag and top dress the plants i have now.. and mix some with the remaining soil mix.. i dont wanna make it hot though.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
if its sold in a bag at wallmart its ready to go as it ever will

*most baged products as a rule, are ready to go.

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Cool!

Cool!

Normally you mix ewc at 25-30% to yer soil with no burn.With castings it's all about the micro critters it has in it....That's purdy cool Wally-World sells it now.I can hear the hydo store guys bitchin now.lol Take care...BC

Wait...What?

Veteran
I shudder to think what corners had to be cut in order to meet the supply demands of Wal-Mart. If it is anything like what is happening to organic milk producers, I'll pass, thanks.

G

Hmmm, Walmart own Asda in the UK so why can't they sell stuff like worm castings and fish ferts here? I love worm castings, I've grown great plants in 75% worm casts, 25% vermiculite.

Smoking Gun

I have been totally surprised with what is actually available at Wal-Mart. They actually carry a bunch of items that we would all find useful. Like Serenade, an organic product. I was totally shocked that it could be found there, and for significantly cheaper than what it costs in hydro stores. And the added security of shopping at Wal-Mart, and not a hydro store is kinda nice too. But I still like to support my local hydro stores, gotta support the community.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hey

Hey

Wait...What? said:
I shudder to think what corners had to be cut in order to meet the supply demands of Wal-Mart. If it is anything like what is happening to organic milk producers, I'll pass, thanks.
You don't think they're squeezing the shit outa those worms do ya? Them Bastards! lol j/k BC

Ulysses

:laughing:

:deadhorse -- except those are walmart guys beatin' it out of the worms...

The DMF castings look and smell like the expensive stuff... I can't tell the difference... Besides, this SKU is a seasonal item in the garden section, so the worms have all winter to do their thang :monkeyeat

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Walmart is what is wrong with America... now they have the good organic products... quality is questionable.

Phish Dude

nice! if these things really are quality than im gonna score me some. once they stock the garden center that is.
i also found miracle grow organic choice there wtf!?!

GirthDogg

I'm definitely hitting up my Wallyworld to check on those. If the quality is right, then I'm grabbing a grip-load of it.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Wait...What? said:

thats what im saying....
anyone have a bag to compare with the wallmart ones?
they do force there suppliers to cut corners to be cheaper, they might be leaving out somthing the same product might have, only sold somewhere else.

not even apples to apples anymore.

acidnI_livE

high all.

WHATS UP HIPPY> (look at my name backwards!! paranoia struck again and i deleted my account, only to register again after the hash wore off.hehe)

as far as wal mart. well its wall mart. every bag of perlite i ever bought was from there, schultz perlite.

once i went to another wal mart (closest wally is 10 min away and another is 30 min away and yet another in the other direction is a "SUPER WALL_MART, which has a full grocery store and food court operating 24/7)

any way i got off topic. i found they were carrying the 4 .oz bottles of superthrive. for 5.99.

also i see that they now are carrying vermiculite. last year they did not carry it. i seen the castings there to yesterday. also i seen "organicide" pest and fungus spray.

some wall marts, like the closest one i live near, dont have superthrive. but the other one does.

wall mart depending on when and where you go does have damn near everything you need to grow soil/soiless medium plants. and very well to boot.

now for hydro systems traditional hydro. no soil or shagnum. but rockwool,gro rocks, perlite drips, etc. wall mart doesnt fit bill as a source of nutrients for a traditional hydro system, plain and simple. they have a lot to offfer the soil/soiless grower, in terms of mediums and nutritional needs for the plant.

but wall mart rreally shines when you are going to do anything DIY. like aero cloners or hydro systems reservo8irs or trays and things of that sort.

oh yeah hippy- the speed queens got harvested a couple days ago at day 62 of flower (breeder stated 55 days but i only had one pheno that was the 55 day finisher, the other 2 plants needed the xtra week) i made about 15 grams of QwISO hash from the trim and some personally selected, airy, but frosty nugs.

the hash is kick ass and it is also my first time ever smoking hash and i think i am going to get a couple sets of 7 bag 5 gallon bubble bags.

i think 50% of all my future growing will be made into hash. 10 plants grown, five for buds to harvest and 5 for hash making.

also i had to get rid of my wappa mom plant cuz i had here in too big a pot (long story) but before i got rid of her i cut and cloned every single branch on here for my new SOG grow and for a future mom that i wont make the mistake of putting in such a big space hogging pot again.

sorry for the jack move on the thread, but i had to let my dude DIGIHIPPY know whats been going down,....and up for that matter.

peace formerly EVIL-INDICA

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
WalMart is the debil Bobby Bouchier! lol (waterboy)

WalMart is the debil Bobby Bouchier! lol (waterboy)

Well after lookin at some yesterday that a friend picked up (last fall) it looks as good as any I've seen.His plants are really diggin it,and there seems ta be no extras in it either ....I think even WallyWorld couldn't fuck up worm poop.To bad we can't say that about their soil.....I fer one am glad ta see this product come to walmart and become more of a main stream amendment at an affordable price, not jus fer us bud growers but for eveyone witha garden.Folks need ta quit contaminting their ground with shit like miracle grow...2 cents Take care...BC Smell it...sniff sniff...smells like worm shit....taste it... WHAT?!?... TASTE IT!....chomp chomp...Tastes like worm shit...it must be worm shit...it is worm shit... OH WOW MAN! good thing we didn't step in it...yeah... good thing!