What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fisher's Outdoor Garden, 08

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I've been busy preparing this season's garden, and now that things are in the ground, I wanted to share whats going on. We'll have six in-ground, with a few more here and there in big pots. Five holes were dug back in February, lined with gopher wire and filled with our compost, spent mushroom compost, sifted clay, perlite, coco, and EWC. Each hole took a cubic yard of amendments. The sixth, we dug last year and grew a SourD plant in it. Here's a photo-

FMS Grapefruit (from clone)

Lower Garden (direct sun from 6:50am to 6:40pm right now)

Afghani Kush

Headband

Goo

Gush (goo x purple kush)

Jack Herer

Yellow bell peppers and Rhubarb (check out the tomato seedings, sprouted from the compost, lol)

Russian Comfrey (A+++ organic fert, check it out)

I guess that should do it for now, I've got an indoor room finishing up (8 weeks on Sunday) with some different things. The Grapefruit cut, Afghani Kush, Jack Herer, sr71 Hindu Skunk, and some others. Look for some photos of those in the Flower Pix forum, I'll try to get take some soon. Goodluck to all the outdoor growers, may this year be your best yet. What a day...BOOSTING! :joint:

G

Good stuff!! Gonna be a warm year, lots of co2 and unbelievable growth will be the result!!

Awesome man, those are huge holes! Can you get most varieties to fill that much root space or do you have pick a strain carefully that is known for explosive growth?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
buggsuperstar said:
Can you get most varieties to fill that much root space or do you have pick a strain carefully that is known for explosive growth?
Well, about the hole size...I'm thinking I may have over done it a bit. They were all 4ft deep, and I just found
this thread, where I'm hearing 2 feet is enough. Hopefully I don't run into problems with root rot.

Strain does have something to do with it. Many sativa, or sativa dominate hybrid's will grow larger than an indica. Hopefully these will do well.

acidfire

Wow, massive holes and an impressive line up!
Cant wait to see them turn into monsters! :lurk:

Heres to a long dry fall. :rasta:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Ima be through, lookin real good man. Im familiar with some of your strains, you should have a good run!

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Nice start. Those holes u dug are huge.. i wanna see some monsters!! :yes:

good luck :wave:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Needed to update this. Had some unfortunate setbacks, but its not all bad. I had to pull the Afghani Kush, as it was small and flowering. The headband never really took off, was going to be weak, so it was pulled. The jack herer started flowering while still small, also pulled. My gush was looking great and boosting- but a gopher must have found its way into the hole and had a feast. Its cashed, completly wilted. The pulled plants were replaced with grapefruit clones. They'll be small, but better than nothing.

So that leaves me with the grapefruit and goo. Grapefruit is loving life, vegging away and should be a big plant. The goo is trying to decide if its in veg or flower, so I'm keeping a light on it at night. Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
sniperscope said:
those are some deep holes man lol

Hah, yeah I went a lil overboard. Sum Mr. Nice SSH will put you in the zone. :joint:

Hey Paddi, good to see you around. More pics? Lets see..

BOG Lifesaver- pretty in pink, but started budding early. Smells fantastic though!

Hennessy and Grapefruit...sounds like a hangover :bashhead:

The chickens and coop.

Rhubarb- How am I doing? Should it be larger?

Three sisters bed (corn, beans, squash or zuc's). The gophers are eating better than I so far. :cuss:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
whats goin on fisher? a good Idea for those gophers is to line the wholes u dig with chcken wire befre putting in the dirt, and have the wire go 6-12 inches up above the ground too. lookin good tho man, peace!

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Hey MO...I did line the holes with gopher wire, but didn't go up 6-12in above ground. Guess I should have :bashhead:

My one big plant, the FMS Grapefruit, has been drooping a bit lately, but only the top/middle. Majority of it looks great. Could something be chewing on a main root to cause the droop only in the center? Anyone got any ideas?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Yes, it should have been up sooner. Lets's see..the big grapefruit and the Rex Chem in the wine barrel started the switch to flower a couple weeks ago.

Stretch is pretty much over, now here comes the fun part! :D

Goo

Another Rez ChemD ix2

Latest posts

Latest posts