What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

haze strain

dickcorn

Nirvanas Nl*haze heavy yeilder vigorous plant spider mite resistent and an oh so sweet taste F**ks me up for like 4 hours

D

Dalaihempy

Haze sweet like suga mmmm not going to happen amigo not unless your talking haze hybrid then look at mangohaze.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Bangi Haze from ACE seeds is one of the best from what I have heard. I'm going to be growing a cross of it soon, and right now I have Purple Haze. I consider myself lucky to have any Haze at all. My Purple Haze smells good in ways no normal plant does, and it is frosty as hell.

Gradius

BLAZE

BLAZE

There is a blueberry x haze (sometimes refered to as 'Blaze') variety available from a canadian seed distro that is quite wonderful, one of the best strains I have ever smoked, has a nice fruity scent from the blueberry side, but the haze contributes a nice spicy undertone that when taken together produce a delicious, electric odor. Aside from being nice to smoke, eat, smell and look at, the proof truly is in the pudding, the high produced is soaring and cerebral without being overwhelming. As far as growing it, I haven't tried it personally yet (its among the top of my list), but the person who grew it told me that there was a lot of variability in the seeds he received, he said if you started 20 seeds your should definitely get a few jewels to clone from.

I'm not sure if this is what you where looking for, being a hybrid, but I had to share my experience because this strain was PURE CANDY. :canabis:

C

Cinderella99

"As far as I know, the Flying Dutchmen (in the Dam) are the only one's selling the pure Haze sativa. No other seed company sells pure Haze, as far as I know, or gives out pure Haze cuttings, except possibly Homegrown Fantaseeds, but I'm not sure about that one. I spoke with Homegrown about their Haze, and they told me it came from Werner of Positronics, and the Flying Dutchmen claim Werner obtained his Haze from them; but they (TFD) also say they have no idea if Werner kept his Haze line "pure", or "unhybridized". At any rate, the only company selling a pure Haze, that I feel relatively confident about, is TFD. Whether from TFD, HFS, or Positronics, it does'nt matter: the BCSC description clearly indicates, imo, that they used "pure" Haze, and the only question is about the source. That is a question mark, I admit.

Stability:

You've asked a very good question, and my reply is that yes, I do believe they (flowering times and Sativa influenced high) are very "closely associated", and necessarily so. As I understand it, there are at least three critical factors in THC production: 1) the size of the resin sphere 2) the intensity of uvb radiation, "expressed in µW/cm2", and 3) the length of uvb radiation exposure. There are other contributing factors, obviously, such as a genetics (i.e. the potency gene), hybrid vigour, the proper light spectrum (in a grow bulb,) overall optimal health, that is to say, proper nutrition, and certain beneficial/positive enviromental stresses, to name just a few; but the 3 most critical, imo, are resin sphere diametre, uvb radiation intensity, and length of uvb exposure.

Having said all this, is it possible through hybridization and genetic recombination to breed a Haze dominant quick finishing F1 seedline, which has fully retained the Haze's extreme potency gene, and the resin sphere diametre of the pure Haze? Yes, I think it is quite possible, but the shorter flowering period will compromise the potency I feel, despite the success achieved in other areas. Thus, imo, a pure equatorial sativa, grown in its natural tropical enviroment, and flowered for 18-20 weeks, will always produce a far more intensely psychoactive trip than any quicker finishing hybrids, acclimatized to and grown outdoors in the Northern hemisphere, above the Tropic of Cancer.

As far as the stability of the P1 Haze goes, Penguin, you are quite correct; the instability of Neville's Haze is to be directly attributed to its P1 ancestry. First, Northern Lights has never been stabilized either, despite continuous inbreeding for over 2 decades. According to Jason King, "this classic indica strain was tweaked for over twenty generations before being released to the public, although it never became stable like Skunk No.1." ( Cannabible, p. 136 ) And, of course, at the time Neville had created his famous hybrid, the "original" Haze had not yet been stabilized either. The Flying Dutchmen, however, would succeed at stabilizing it later, making it quite uniform, but at the expense of its suffering marginal inbreeding depression, and the loss of hybrid vigour. By that time, though, Neville's Haze had already attained to legendary status. BM!"

This (for the record) was not my quote, but taken from what I thought a useful thread, and hey, good old Penguin was involved :)

whodair

Veteran
g13xhaze dope seeds.com. id described as a haze bud on an indica plant. the smell was mouth watering pure haze. i liked everything about this plant and its effects but the yield is a little light. i bought a 2nd pack and selected a male to work with.

Colina

I spoke with Homegrown about their Haze, and they told me it came from Werner of Positronics, and the Flying Dutchmen claim Werner obtained his Haze from them;

Positronics got them from Sam, not Old Ed

I knew Wernard from 1984 he got seeds and Haze 19 as he called it from me.

-SamS

for the record ^^^^

The resin spheres on a pure sativa are smaller than those on either a sativa/indica hybrid, or a pure indica. This is significant from the viewpoint of energizing "the phytochemical reaction that will produce more fully realized THC;" as "the magnifying power of a glass (i.e. resin ~BM) sphere is greater the smaller its size," thus magnifying the cannabinoid molecule(s) and facilitating full uvb penetration of the sphere and a more complete conversion of CBD into THC. Secondly, "the further a person is from the tropics, the less UVB radiation there is: the average annual exposure of a person living in Hawaii is approximately four times that of someone living in northern Europe." What this translates into is reduced THC production in the Northern hemisphere, during the growing season, and no THC production capability during the winter, as uvb levels are not high enough. And thirdly, because of the very low winter uvb levels "in the Northern Hemisphere, above the Tropic of Cancer, the key to all marijuana potency is this: The more days of sunlight the capitate-stalked glandular trichomes' resin spheres accumulate before the autumnal equinox the more fully realized THC." But of course, the Sun is intense enough to burn you all year 'round at the equator, and thus capable of THC production all year too!!

Haze trichome heads can be too large to fit through the door. Location of growth matters little to the creative gardener (dry 12.5/11.5 in the northern hemi from May to August beats up on the tropical finish in my experience). and CBD does not convert to THC...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just go with F-13 or true blueberry. You will enjoy them. They have a sativa high, and are sweet. The f-13 like vanilla, and obviously you know what true blueberry is like.

F -13

Indoor
A Holy Grail plant of four-star excellence. Previously unreleased, a very desirable product and potential breeder. A more sativa hybrid of medium height with long, spear-shaped, dense and resinous buds and an earlier finish-time than most sativa. The superfluous quality of the finished product is remarkable: A clear, clean, crisp head of the kindest order. This girl really rings the bell every time! Not for the couch-lock crowd, this heady sativa is for those who truly enjoy its stimulating yet comfortable appeal. A real day-brightener. DJ's personal favorite from this batch.

Indoor Flowering 7 - 9 weeks

True Blueberry

Indoor
The ultimate hybrid of Blueberry expression, selected for its superior quality from a large pool. This hybrid contains the best from both worlds (indica and sativa). Medium height with long, fruity and productive buds of medium sized calyxes. Beautiful lavender hues become apparent soon into the flowering cycle. The finished product is of the highest quality with sweet, elongated blueberry buds destined to please the most finicky of palates. High resin production as expected from the Blue family. Above average yields

Indoor flowering 7 to 8 weeks.

Mr.Jones

g13xhaze dope seeds.com. id described as a haze bud on an indica plant. the smell was mouth watering pure haze. i liked everything about this plant and its effects but the yield is a little light. i bought a 2nd pack and selected a male to work with.

yeah the g13xhaze is dope ... just smoked it from barneys farm and never grown it out but it was a pretty good smoke.

my supe silver haze x g13 is producing some kinda honey smelling buds ... smells very sweet! and its a nice smoke as well but i kinda doubt that theres actually the g13 in there

H

Hazeseeker

Just go with F-13

F -13

Indoor
A Holy Grail plant of four-star excellence. Previously unreleased, a very desirable product and potential breeder. A more sativa hybrid of medium height with long, spear-shaped, dense and resinous buds and an earlier finish-time than most sativa. The superfluous quality of the finished product is remarkable: A clear, clean, crisp head of the kindest order. This girl really rings the bell every time! Not for the couch-lock crowd, this heady sativa is for those who truly enjoy its stimulating yet comfortable appeal. A real day-brightener. DJ's personal favorite from this batch.

Indoor Flowering 7 - 9 weeks

Hi Hash,
isn't F13 one of Dj's strains that isn't available anymore due to 1 of the male parent plants passing away?,
i always thought it was gone forever along with Flodica(sp?), Grape Krush, OTM etc?:chin:

peace