What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

G

Here it is about 1am and I'm gettin settled down now. Been smokin a blend of Lifesaver, grapefruit, and K2 and got lost early in the night jackin with my plants and my Dad came over to harass me,hehe.

Water cure, here we go.
First I pulled a big K2 out her 48 hour darkness episode and readied her for the killin. The K2 was grown from clone using a organic hydro regime of pure Blend and some ammendments. It went 66 days and was flowered under 1200w hps in an e&f setup and was flushed completely in the last ten days leading up to her donation to the cause.
Here is the girl walkin proudly to the choppin block

The three buds I decided to use, I cut them roughly the same length as the jar I am using.

Here is the jar, 1 quart, wide mouth,ball mason jar. I poked 5 breather holes in the lid also

Buds in the jar head first

Fill with room temperature (72 degrees) purified water

K2 victim after major surgury

Deathbed, Beheading, trim, and hang

I hung her intact, minus 3 limbs, in my drying closet for the start of a 6-7 day hang.

I'll post tomorrow with the first rinse and water change

Tex

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
nice to tk cant wait to see how she turns out... :friends:

from waht i seen on mine you wont see much action in the jar tel about the 2nd day..... :yummy:

G

Here it is before I changed the water. Not to much discoloration but the water had a strong fresh cut grass smell. The leaves are browning a little bit and the bud itself looks unchanged.

Tex

G

TK, looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished buds. I have some coming down next week that I am going to water cure.

I've been soaking some frosty trim for 3 days with daily water changes. The leafy smell is gone and it now has a minty-lemon scent. The smoke is smoother but still a bit of harshness. I'll let it go for another couple of days.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Hell yeah! I was lookin for a nice lil guinea pig to try their buds on this method.

Should be interesting

G

mmmm mmmm! looks like you got quite a bit off those little girls!

hopefully this water curing thing turns out nice, will be trying this on my next run if so!

THC

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Very cool thread TK. I get the idea, that the water is supposed to leach out the icky stuff, but leave the natural yummy weed taste. I also get it that if the water is warm, the resin glands won't break off as easy as cold water (like makin bubble hash) But I gotta say, even though I get the basic idea, it's still a scary thought takin my hard grown nugs and soakin em in water. Let's face it, we all thin "wet buds...ewww"
I'll stay tuned here. I salute you for sacrificing some nugs in the name of stoner science :) :yes:

lowalpine

this is really cool, thanks for taking the initiative going ahead with a full thread on it. hopefully we'll see good results.. i'll keep my eye on it for sure.

G

eww

eww

Ok, I soaked some buds in a jar for 24 hours. The water turned cloudy and stunk up my kitchen like shit. Real shit, not "good shit". I made sure to rinse the buds thoroughly before putting them back under some fresh, luke warm tap water.

The nutes and additives being leached are PBP with liquid karma, cal-mag, and hydroguard from botanicare. It may not smell so bad depending on what you feed your plants, try it out.

G

Sorry no pics(I left my camera at the office) but not much to see anyway just a jar with buds in it.

I have changed the water now 4 times each time replacing it with clean. The second and third days seem to have had the most pungent smell. The bud itself does not seem to have changed at all but the leaves are all turning brown. The overall mass of the bud does seem to have gotten smaller, more compact.

The holes in the top of the jar works great, you just flip it over to drain with the lid on and the refill. I also cut the branches going in about the same length as the jar, that helps also.

I want to do a whole plant, just chop the thing down and put it in an igloo ice chest like was suggested earlier.

more to come

Tex

amsterdame

I'm doing my first water cure on some Northernberry I just took down. I just finished soaking for 3 days, changing the water regularly, and hung up to dry. Looking forward to your results TK, and how these buds at home turn out.

A*dame

my two cents

my two cents

Don't leave the vegetative material in the same water for very long. I'd recommend changing it regularly. 24 hours seems a long wait to me, why not 12?

A popular method for growing food for baby fish is to grow infusoria. Put some lettuce into a jar of water and wait a few days, you'll get a stench unlike most. This water is full of infusoria and can be poured into an aquarium to feed fry.

It also makes a good prank if hidden in someones room.

G

I have been goin roughly 24 hours between changes with very little discoloration of the water and no discoloration of the bud itself at all.

Couple more days to go so we'll see

Tex

G

Hey have you checked the PPM at all TK?
I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.
Personally I measure my runoff while I am flushing, to give me an idea of where the plants are at.
I am also curious as to whether this plant was flushed the regular way as well?