What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some blue crosses

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High' cannabis lovers! I opened a thread for testing/documenting a few various crosses that i made this year. the goal is to have a collection of this specific info & pics on one place. it may be useful for other folks as well. hope that also a few testers will here post some results with this blue crosses ...any constructive comments are welcome of course. this place will be updated from me now and again if some interesting color or resin comes on the way from the further grows.

In the game are the Blockberry, which is a cross of BlockheadXBlueberry
..& the second is the Pandora, this is a combination from F13xBubblegum
later is coming an other blueberry cross (with the same bubblegum male)

so far i grew only a few blockberry, the pandora is the latest hybrid and will be explored soon (already germ some:)

let me start with my homemade berry (it's the next generation from Dj's blueberry)
this in-line cross was parallel with the blockberry project. the goal was to test the blueberry-line for her true-breeding status with impressive results. i can say that she is indeed an inbred-line, F4 to be correct. i grew only a few seeds from the F5 generation and the plants were highly similar, some individuals being nearly identical to the original mother with the amazing berry flavor. of course, every plant is a bit different, but overall they share very stable characteristics, from the leaf-type, calyx-type (medium to large), pistil-size, to the stretch-character, bud-formation, purple-tones, flowering time, smell... in fact, i would not observe the difference if i would get the seeds for a blind-test.
Like a big man said, the blueberry is a gift for the community ...and i must agree

here is an example from a berry (blueberry f5) ..smelling very fruity & dank... sticky more than hell
individual trics have a bit purple in the body, this trait can be nice expressed with low temps in the last week

15012IMG_3911.JPG

15012IMG_3921.JPG

15012IMG_4033.JPG

15012IMG_4075.JPG

15012IMG_4086.JPG

15012bb_trics_3.JPG

15012bb_trics_1.JPG

15012bb_trics_5.JPG

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Xyz - looks amazing man.

So that was the original blueberry right? have you grown the TB and if so how do they compare?

Also,have you got any pics of the males you used? And how many plants did you make your selections from?

cheers, Ez

Last edited:
G

wow xyz, i love your shots man! awesome work with the blue crosses, both sounds great, especially that blockberry. :yummy:

RoastedO

Awesome XYZ! I made a a similar cross like your pandora with my f-13 boy and a bubblegum I've had for awhile, I may have to drop some for comparison. Might be interesting. Im currently working on a F-13 X ECSD cross I call Remix and am super excited so far. I look forward to seeing your progress bro, excellent work and thread. K++
All the best,
RO
:lurk:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really nice projects in the making here XyZ! Glad to see you venture outside the DJ forum :biglaugh: look forward to catching a gander @ your mad skills!
:respect:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all ..thanks a lot so far... your input is very appreciated. :smile:

Ez - yes it was the original blueberry. i never grew the "true blueberry" because Red said it was bred for yield lmao
i was shocked on this point as i saw that Dj was infected by others and was making new strains to improve yield.
Quality is most important... i have only one lungs in my life and don't want to smoke a lot of lesser quality weed
imo the simple solution for yield is the sog style with a higher number of plants
The old blueberry-line is a peace of art and i think i will grow it 4ever :joint:

now in this first cross, the blueberry seems to be pretty recessive from the father part. the blue traits don't appear much in the grow structure, maybe a bit in the stretch-factor and the leaves from the blockberry plants are a bit different from the blockhead mom... but other than that, there is no berry dominance at all until mid-flowering. than it's starting to show the true magic. the blue father gives a great mix to the aroma (at least for my taste) & also the purple potential is there (only low temps are needed ...some resin wants to be pinky as well.. but it's hard to see them with eye if the trics are not large:) i never saw this colored-body on the afghanis trics, so i think this is a rare but strong trait from the Purple Thai.

some blockberry shots near harvest time... the shorter phenos are a bit more sticky & also stronger smelling
15012IMG_4124.JPG

15012IMG_4103.JPG

15012IMG_4117.JPG

15012blockberry_trics_4.JPG

15012blockberry_trics_6.JPG

15012blockberry_trics_7.JPG

15012blockberry_tris_5.JPG

I

indicalover

Very nice XYZ, the blockberry looks incredible! Let us know how it smokes.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
freek'n awesome.

So would you say there was much variation from the blockhead x blueberry cross? I can see one is taller, but the buds look fairly similar.

Cant wait to see the rest dude.
- ezra - said:
Also,have you got any pics of the males you used? And how many plants did you make your selections from?

- Ez

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would say the blockberry is relative stable, except that a few plants stretch a bit more than others
...the taller plants also smell more citrusy than berry, but other than that, they share very similar characteristics. the blockberry is a polyhybrid and actually it was not a planed cross ...the blockhead mom was so nice though that i couldn't resist to use her genes. can't wait to smoke the blockberry :D

here's a shot from the berry & blockberry in the very early flowering stage.. blockhead is dominating in the cross
15012IMG_3489.JPG

15012IMG_3491.JPG

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ah Ezy i just saw you quoted yourself ...didn't noticed at first hehe... yes i have some pics from the blueberry fathers, i removed most males and kept only the 2 who were closest to the criteria from Dj, after all i didn't want to change the line. so i picked the plants that were not so fast growing (away from hemp), later flowering start (away from auto-flowering), sturdy yet hollow stems (this should improve thc production) ...and of course i smelled the odor/aromas from the brushed stems, the most smelling were finally the winners.

this 2 males were used on 3 blueberry moms & on one special blockhead. the goal was to keep some diversity and not to narrow down the berry-line (the blockberry was just by the way:) now i have over 1000 berry beans and can start to play around... but i need an other room!
15012IMG_2753.JPG

15012IMG_2813.JPG

15012IMG_2811.JPG

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks charlie & esbe ...your work is also great... i think we all have a lot of fun with cannabis :wink:

hey pirate, the smoke report from the blockberry will come soon, i just chopped a few plants ..for my personal analysis i would prefer to see the smoke comments from other folks experience... but i will have to wait for this info some time more.

here is my last original blueberry plant, started indoor with the others and than moved on the balcony for reveg. the plant was a bit unusual growing at the start but than developed fine under the sun. she received the dna-dust from a fruity smellin' bubble gum daddy, same father that was used for the Pandora cross. only some perflowers have the seeds inside because of the timing of pollination. it will be tested early in the next year. still don't have a name for that, perhaps it will be just labeled as berrygum or maybe bluebubble...any ideas? probably it's not the most potent cross but it should be some very tasty stuff... time will tell :D

15012IMG_4191.JPG

15012IMG_4203.JPG

15012IMG_4192.JPG

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Bubble'gum father that was used in this projects came from an old 15seed/pack from Simon (@serious) ...and this plant was chosen only from 7 bubble males... actually there was not much difference in grow structure, some smelled a bit deeper fruity than others though.

15012IMG_3317.JPG

& here is a collection of pics from the strongest and most vanilla pheno that i got also from only one pack of the F-13
first grown indoor, than selected based on the observations of the trichome density and flavor, after indoor harvest she was put on the balcony and reveged nicely ...finally she was married with the same bubble'male as the original blueberry.

15012IMG_2080.JPG

15012IMG_2063.JPG

15012IMG_2141.JPG

15012f13_tp6.JPG

15012f13_tp8.JPG

15012F-13_reveg.JPG

15012IMG_2353.JPG

15012IMG_2524.JPG

15012IMG_2430.JPG

15012IMG_2580.JPG

15012IMG_2729.JPG

15012IMG_2799.jpg