What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Remember Fukushima?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
WTF! Lazy bastards just figured the snow would bury their little nuke base. Now Greenland has a nice pollution stain moving around.

They ferried WW2 planes to Europe by flying them, with hops. One stop was Greenland, if needed. When planes plopped in, they had to leave them if they couldn't fly. A P-38 or two have been recovered, and a B-29 was wrecked and burned-up in their attempted takeoff to recover the plane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_Girl P-38

https://www.historynet.com/sad-saga-of-the-b-29-kee-bird.htm B-29

Both of the guys who lead those recoveries are aviation characters. Pat Epps, Darryl Greenamyer.

Gry

I like the idea of sentencing board members of GE to drink and use that water for cooking and bathing and laundry for the balance of their natural lives.
The image of a jingle rolls through my memory, was it "We bring good things to life" ?

St. Phatty

I still have about 14 bales of hay, 2 string, that I bought in 2011. From the summer of 2010, so it was pre-Fukushima.

I don't see how all those nuclear related atoms are going to observe some dotted line in the middle of the ocean.

Actually I heard about them being detected in Hawaii shortly post-March 11, 2011.

I kept the hay because I thought it might come in handy if we found our soil was fvcked up and wanted to compost some radiation free (or, free er, less harmful radiation) soil.

As far as the eventual fate of the hay, the birds made nests on top of the pile, and the rats learned to tunnel through the hay to steal the eggs out of the bottom of the nest.

Meanwhile the Garage Cat, although once a mighty hunter, is not keeping up with the rats.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
bad (old and should be obsolete) nuclear fission power design is really really bad... but we could be putting money into newer, safer, cleaner, and more efficient fission. at least in the u.s., i think i read that it's a beurocrat business bullshit thing, we are behind in implementing better design.

anyway, the more exciting frontier is nuclear fusion.