What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Happened to Living Together?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Posted this in one of the many threads here, but I think it deserves not to be buried...

I haven't been around this forum in a while, but coming back and seeing all this makes me sad.

First off: People have to be able to live with each other, and that means people they strongly disagree with and dislike. People have to be able to live together. If we give up on that idea, lots and lots of people will be killed. And it seems like lots of people are now opposed to the idea of living with people they dislike/disagree with.

Second: I thought this would be the last place with people shouting totally opposing worldviews at each other. What I mean is, Left-wing media and Right-wing media (and there is no in-between anymore) are both busy editing everything they show and omitting facts of their choosing in order to put forth a particular perspective on things -- and this perspective is delivered as pure, unadulterated, objective truth. That simply is not the case, but people still believe that this, that, or any media outlet will give them the "truth" and nothing but.

So we have people who rely on media for their picture of the world -- and to be very frank, I've noticed that people have relegated what they see in-person, with their own eyes in deference to what the media tells them; in other words, people seem to be implicitly of the belief that what one sees with one's own eyes is unimportant or simply "anecdotal" if it conflicts with a mainstream narrative. When people rely on media for their picture of the world, it only makes sense that people who are given two different, opposing pictures of the world will be at each other's throats, blaming each other for everything bad, and ready to condemn/demean/dehumanize and eventually, in a matter of time, imprison/beat/steal/burn/destroy/kill the opposition whom they blame.

Coming and seeing that that not only has made its way into a community of stoners and growers -- but has ostensibly gripped it very tightly -- is maybe the saddest thing I've seen all year. It really diminishes the hope I have for humanity, and I am very sorry that this is what I found here.

Indeed, Foucault was right after all:

"Politics is war continued by other means."

Sunshineinabag

I see your concern. I'm overwhelmed in my small dairy state with political lunatics with signs on their lawns.........I just wanna enjoy my life and grow lots of plants. Humans are great in small doses

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I notice it more with 'left' types and anti Trumpers. To be honest I have gotten grief from right wingers on other sites. Not here. All left or 'woke'.

I am called a rube idiot, racist, and so on here. I suppose I am a bit of a rube and I have unfair bias/racist type ideas at times. Hardly a KKK type though. Hated slavery, Jim Crow etc.

Hint, humans are racist by nature. Tribal etc. The worst of it I have seen from other than whites, I guess they have no fear of being called racist?

I think most centrists just keep their mouths shut. I took a online test and came out 'centrist'. You get grief from both sides I found. Nothing changes. Hard liners on both sides do not yield or change much. They make more noise is all, at this time it is the 'woke' types making the most noise.

Veggia farmer

To continue the Frank talk: you are right ( not right-wing in politics, LOL). The polarization is everywhere. Has it something to do with people cant see the middle ground because all this labels that are put on everybody?

One thread Im "White supremacy" Next thread Im a "commie" and so on. Why all this labeling? Is it possible too see further?

Are people to afraid to observe, feel/think and take action with out putting everything inside a box? And what is tha box made of? By who and for what purpose? Lots box making on the hill side these days.

In the end of the day it does not matter who`s agenda for this and that. The ball is ours. We have to be conscious that its always this back and forth game between the side. Forget about sides and take each other hans and go forward.

I`m stoned, tired and hungry for love

Canned heat: lets work together

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg - All You Need Is Love!

picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should work where i do. 19 out of 23 on my shift are Trumpites.

I have thought about Tennessee to live. hehe The pot laws there, yech. I do not doubt you but I live in California and it is just the opposite. To the point of yelling and getting violent with a few of them.

I am not really a Trumper despite that label. I voted for Ross Perot and Trump and never any of the others, the career poiticians. The democrats and republicans are broken corporate/whoever is paying sell outs imo.

Veggia farmer

Spot on Gypsy. Exactly what I need, and you, cheers mate! :dance013::friends:

Much LOVE everybody

Just a little bit more motivated for everything! Light up and LIGHT`n UP!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I see your concern. I'm overwhelmed in my small dairy state with political lunatics with signs on their lawns.........I just wanna enjoy my life and grow lots of plants. Humans are great in small doses
I thought my wife (GF @ the time) told me 17 years ago. The greatest disappointment in life is humanity itself! I thought she was nuts, not anymore.

St. Phatty

I have 2 roosters that get along surprisingly well. They spend maybe 10 seconds a day charging each other and the rest of the time watching over and Humping the Hens.

I try to feed them the best nutrition possible.

I'm pretty sure they get enough iodine, since they free range.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Posted this in one of the many threads here, but I think it deserves not to be buried...

I haven't been around this forum in a while, but coming back and seeing all this makes me sad.

First off: People have to be able to live with each other, and that means people they strongly disagree with and dislike. People have to be able to live together. If we give up on that idea, lots and lots of people will be killed. And it seems like lots of people are now opposed to the idea of living with people they dislike/disagree with.

Second: I thought this would be the last place with people shouting totally opposing worldviews at each other. What I mean is, Left-wing media and Right-wing media (and there is no in-between anymore) are both busy editing everything they show and omitting facts of their choosing in order to put forth a particular perspective on things -- and this perspective is delivered as pure, unadulterated, objective truth. That simply is not the case, but people still believe that this, that, or any media outlet will give them the "truth" and nothing but.

So we have people who rely on media for their picture of the world -- and to be very frank, I've noticed that people have relegated what they see in-person, with their own eyes in deference to what the media tells them; in other words, people seem to be implicitly of the belief that what one sees with one's own eyes is unimportant or simply "anecdotal" if it conflicts with a mainstream narrative. When people rely on media for their picture of the world, it only makes sense that people who are given two different, opposing pictures of the world will be at each other's throats, blaming each other for everything bad, and ready to condemn/demean/dehumanize and eventually, in a matter of time, imprison/beat/steal/burn/destroy/kill the opposition whom they blame.

Coming and seeing that that not only has made its way into a community of stoners and growers -- but has ostensibly gripped it very tightly -- is maybe the saddest thing I've seen all year. It really diminishes the hope I have for humanity, and I am very sorry that this is what I found here.

Indeed, Foucault was right after all:

"Politics is war continued by other means."

I think most will agree. IMO it started to get far worse 4 years ago. I wounder what caused that?.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Seems to be that humanity - is forgetting about being HUMANE - and needs to be reminded - constantly -

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll tell you what happened. We elected a black man to the presidency. That was just too much for 45% of the country to handle. And shit started popping.

'Boogieman'

I'll tell you what happened. We elected a black man to the presidency. That was just too much for 45% of the country to handle. And shit started popping.

Many of the people who voted for Obama then voted for Trump. It wasn't the color of the man (he is as white as I am) it was his policies that pushed people away.

Latest posts

Latest posts