What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dots does Pineapple Chili

G

Peruvian aji peppers are well known for their flavor.
Most have a delicious fruitiness that leans towards tropical, and the Aji Pineapple is no exception
Scoville heat units (SHU): 20,000 – 30,000 SHU
Median heat: 25,000 SHU
Origin: Peru
Capsicum species: Baccatum
Jalapeño reference scale: 3 to 12 times hotter
Use: Culinary
Size: 2 to 3 inches long, pendant-like
Flavor: Fruity,

I didn't know much about these Chili's except they are the most unique sweet delicious chili I've had. Addictive and make everything taste better :blowbubbles:

I got the fresh Chili's from a friend and dried some seeds so fingers crossed.
In under the LED because it's the middle of winter here.

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
wow pineapple chili ,

sounds great dots ,

im a keen chili grower and eater ,
i might have to arrange to get some of those little beauties at some point ,
in the meantime ill enjoy watching your grow ,
best of luck man ..

Amynamous

Do you have any pics of the chile?
I’ve had the aji amarillo and it’s a wonderful, flavorful chile. I wonder if the two are related. I am currently growing charapita, also from Peru.

G

G'day Wally. I highly reccomend. With these gals once you pop you can't stop:hotbounce

Hi Bibi good to see you bro. These are most definitely interesting. Whether I can do them justice we will see.

G'day Amynamous. From what I read they are similar in tropical flavour, but the Amarillo turns orange.
I dont have a good picture so this one will do.
Ps the charapita looks interesting.
picture.php

G

Another one up. Making it 66% germination or 2 out of 3. When it warms up here I will be germinating every single one. All at once. 1way ticket to chilli Town. If you can't tell I love these chilli's.
These are just in some old outdoor veg mix, you might see some of those slow release fert balls in there.

Let's see if she can shuck the husk.
picture.php

ElGato

Veteran
wow, pineapple Chili's sound killer

i wish you the best with them, keep us posted

Slim Pickens

Veteran
How interesting Dots.I grew Aji Rico last year from the local garden store here locally.I am growing another this year.Little spicy,but has a sprightly slightly citrus flavor that is very refreshing.Orange/Red in color.Nice for some garden color even if that is all it had going for it.Production pleasantly surprised me as well.

Slim

Nannymouse

Oh, those look/sound good. They look like my lemon drop peppers, which are sort of citris flavor, compared 'regular' hot peppers. The lemon drop peppers do very well as an indoor plant.

G

How interesting Dots.I grew Aji Rico last year from the local garden store here locally.I am growing another this year.Little spicy,but has a sprightly slightly citrus flavor that is very refreshing.Orange/Red in color.Nice for some garden color even if that is all it had going for it.Production pleasantly surprised me as well.

Slim
Sounds delish bro. Im a chilli novice so productive sounds very pleasing.
I've been catching YouTube chilli vids lately so I am getting more familiar with the varieties.

Oh, those look/sound good. They look like my lemon drop peppers, which are sort of citris flavor, compared 'regular' hot peppers. The lemon drop peppers do very well as an indoor plant.
For real. Awesome! How did you grow them? Pretty please do tell.

Macadamia tree nuts
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Life give u lemons
picture.php

:)))))
picture.php

G

These 2 cuties will get up-potted this weekend. Not sure where I stand with growth rates as I've no experience with chilli's let alone indoors.They are at 29 days since above soil. They did spend a week outside in poring rain by accident oops.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

My pepper is becoming a pepper.
They both spent a week or so outside. I then dusted the the soil off the roots of this one and plonked her in coco under the blurple LED. She's getting what the other plants get and looks pretty happy. Her sister outside not so well. I have a hunch the quick veg soil mix I knocked up wasnt great. Maybe because one component was some cheap bagged potting mix. Never great. The other 2 parts are compost and coco coir. They go pretty good together.
picture.php