What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommend a game camera.

Treevly

I need one for still shots, not video. High definition resolution is not required. The main assets required are reliability and reasonable quality of night shots. From the reviews I have read, it seems that a somewhat common problem is faulty triggering - that is, a critter will walk through the middle of the field of view and the camera fails to shoot. I don't want to be extravagant, but I'll spend what is required to get those features. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need one for still shots, not video. High definition resolution is not required. The main assets required are reliability and reasonable quality of night shots. From the reviews I have read, it seems that a somewhat common problem is faulty triggering - that is, a critter will walk through the middle of the field of view and the camera fails to shoot. I don't want to be extravagant, but I'll spend what is required to get those features. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure but maybes take a look at these or ask the vendor rgs maybes he is getting new stock soon :dunno:

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product-category/other/trail-cameras/

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
könig sas-dvr0dr11 i used this worked fine, it has a massive amount of ir leds to make nightshots

Big Eggy

Veteran
I got a camera that looks like the ones that RGS sell, but it takes a load of regular batteries (6xAA).

It was a family Christmas present mainly for my kids.. Its done a good job of capturing my cat a lot, a mouse, fly on a plant and even a snail. I was sceptical at first but the batteries haven't been changed since December.

Not used it in the field as not really a need round here.

Latest posts

Latest posts