What's new

A Little Taste of the Himalayas in New England

Green Squall

Hello :tiphat: I've always been interested in Himalayan cannabis and the culture behind it, so I decided to grow some trees this season! The strain is Parvati from The Real Seed Company and they're absolute monsters - the largest reaching at least 20ft tall. Planting 7 this spring, I ended up with 5 females. Very happy with that ratio. I knew growing this strain where I live was risky due to the flowering time, but I decided to roll the dice anyways. If I'm lucky, I'm expecting a harvest at the end of October. Keep in mind these bud shots are from lower down on the plant. My ladder's not tall enough to reach the top lol. Smell wise, I'm sensing a lot of fruit, such a mango and pineapple, which is damn refreshing because I'm so used to skunky smells.

This first one is the chunkiest of the bunch

picture.php

Closeup.

picture.php

An obvious looser bud structure, but smells a little more pungent.
picture.php

This is the floral one of the bunch

picture.php

Green Squall

Similar to the first, but it smells a little different.

picture.php

And lastly, the one I'm most excited about, is the most resinous and strongest smelling.

picture.php

Will post more once they put on some weight.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Good shit, Green Squall. Interesting line for sure. Been eyeing a few of their offerings. Nice to hear you’re getting those sorts of smells.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and you can let them finish proper. Good luck.

Green Squall

Good shit, Green Squall. Interesting line for sure. Been eyeing a few of their offerings. Nice to hear you’re getting those sorts of smells.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and you can let them finish proper. Good luck.

Thanks. The weather has been amazing this summer with tons of sun and the days are still very warm. Being on the coast, I think our frost dates are a little later than inland too.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello :tiphat: I've always been interested in Himalayan cannabis and the culture behind it, so I decided to grow some trees this season! The strain is Parvati from The Real Seed Company and they're absolute monsters - the largest reaching at least 20ft tall. Planting 7 this spring, I ended up with 5 females. Very happy with that ratio. I knew growing this strain where I live was risky due to the flowering time, but I decided to roll the dice anyways. If I'm lucky, I'm expecting a harvest at the end of October. Keep in mind these bud shots are from lower down on the plant. My ladder's not tall enough to reach the top lol. Smell wise, I'm sensing a lot of fruit, such a mango and pineapple, which is damn refreshing because I'm so used to skunky smells.

This first one is the chunkiest of the bunch

View Image

Closeup.

View Image

An obvious looser bud structure, but smells a little more pungent.
View Image

This is the floral one of the bunch

View Image

put up a pic of that please ....

Can cannabis reach 20 feet in height ??? :chin:

St. Phatty

What's the grow schedule like if you want the 20 foot plant ?

Veg. them up to 5 feet, then outdoors in May ?

Got to be careful about loosening the string or it might choke the stem.

Green Squall

What's the grow schedule like if you want the 20 foot plant ?

Veg. them up to 5 feet, then outdoors in May ?

Got to be careful about loosening the string or it might choke the stem.

That's the amazing part about these plants - the growth rate is extremely vigorous. I put them out at the end of May when they weren't even 2ft.

Yup, I learned the hard way to periodically loosen the string. Luckily no serious damage was done. A family member of mine ended giving me a huge bale of heavy duty polypropylene twine that he stole from work haha. I will probably never run out lol.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Squall ...These are proud Himalayan Hash Makers ... good work on those monsters:tiphat: hope they finish for you ...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Green Squall

What a difference a week makes! Branches are sagging and there is noticeably more resin. The last 48 hours have been ideal mold weather and they don't seem phased by it at all. Also, the next few days we are expecting rain and cooler weather, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a difference a week makes! Branches are sagging and there is noticeably more resin. The last 48 hours have been ideal mold weather and they don't seem phased by it at all. Also, the next few days we are expecting rain and cooler weather, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

wow! holy cow those looks great ... very nice work

St. Phatty

Squall ...These are proud Himalayan Hash Makers ... good work on those monsters:tiphat: hope they finish for you ...

I have heard different techniques.

Some that they had workers run naked through the fields, so their bodies get covered with stickiness.

Or that they just rubbed it with their hands.

Both that manually made hash, and the classic opium production (slicing the flower & collecting the ooze) ... amazingly labor intensive.

Wow! Awesome work!!!

My Nepalese Jamaican is much shorter and has indica looking structure and leaves, but longer flowering structures. Fat and tight, but long.

Mine also finish around now.
Speaking of which... gonna be harvesting this evening.