What's new

sprout outside then veg indoor?

RawNature

its not that warm inside right now and i dont have a heating mat they are in 2 inch pots i put them inside a ziplock with a peice of damp towel ontop of each one. should i place them in direct sun or shade? i was just worried that they would sit in damp soil too long. its 88 degrees outside and like 70 inside . i would bring them back inside under the light before night to keep them under light. i always overthink germinating any thoughts?

RawNature

alright my bad guys. I was just worried since i placed the seeds ontop of the potting mix (black gold) and them put some vermiculite on top ( to hold more water?) but it was really fine. so i got worried after i heard that it would block the air so i went and made sure they were okay (lightend the layer with a butterknife). so they were in water for a day and then in those 2 inch containers. had them under my timber chibi at 50% 36inches not sure if thats right so i sent them a message just now

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's not a bad bro! I just hate bugs and after the last experience I had with them showing up somehow I still cannot figure out, I've just been extra paranoid about bringing them in with me. I think your plants will be fine, vermiculite is really airy from my understanding.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
In my most humblest of opinions. You either grow in or out. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. Indoors, I can easily control my environment when it comes to pests and disease. My product is clean and don't' have to give up a crop to a ghost! More yoe;d outdoors? Yes but with a headache to boot!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really, it's true! Starting outside, you are inviting hobos on rail cars jumping on (fungus, gnats, spider mites, aphids, etc.). Learned the hard way....germ inside, grow inside. Germ outside, stay outside, germ inside, grow outside.

'Boogieman'

If your using the paper towel method to germinate seeds you can put the seeds under something warm like a playstation 4 kept or dvd player. Once they sprout use a heat matt.

h.h.

Veteran
I put them under my 8 track or my beta. Hot water heater actually.

I’ve had the opposite experience with bugs.
Indoors is the idea environment for pests. Many don’t survive outdoors. Of course that would be dependent on where you live.
A change in mulch often eliminates their habitat.
I put down mulching paper when I was having a fly problem. Kept them from laying their eggs in the mulch.
https://smallfarmersjournal.com/new-biodegradable-mulching-paper/

Seeds may cook out there though. Use common sense.
picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
I have fewer problems bringing the outside in, then the inside out.
It may be a homeopathic thing.
Flies and gnats flourish under indoor conditions where many don’t survive in harsh outdoor conditions.
Ying and yang with ying kicking ass until the very end.

Latest posts

Latest posts