What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89' Northern Lights #5 Grow

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Day 35. These NL#5's look to be shitty yielders, no worries I will cross the male NL5 to my Hashplants to get some bulk.
picture.php

PerroVerde

Very beautiful plants! I hope you don’t mind me sharing a picture of an old grow of Northern Lights #5

Attachments

• FBBCC09F-39A1-4B8C-B0E5-B9F4A2059406.jpg
    FBBCC09F-39A1-4B8C-B0E5-B9F4A2059406.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 900C83B7-30BC-4D94-9223-4EDB0F5193BA.jpg
    900C83B7-30BC-4D94-9223-4EDB0F5193BA.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
:lurk:

please be sure to make an effort to make 'pure' NL x NL

even if you only have one male.

use the cuts for crossing your hashplant.

true northern lights will be desired by many, again, in due time.
theres a reason why its legendary.....along the lines of white widow.

no matter how much glue and cookies one runs, there will, eventually, be a time in every smokers lifetime, where they want to run the nostalgic strains of lore.

of which, northern lights, is a member.

keep on keepin on and keep us updated.....

-cap

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:

please be sure to make an effort to make 'pure' NL x NL

even if you only have one male.

use the cuts for crossing your hashplant.

true northern lights will be desired by many, again, in due time.
theres a reason why its legendary.....along the lines of white widow.

no matter how much glue and cookies one runs, there will, eventually, be a time in every smokers lifetime, where they want to run the nostalgic strains of lore.

of which, northern lights, is a member.

keep on keepin on and keep us updated.....

-cap

:yeahthats
Couldn't have said it better. Keep the NL line pure - if possible.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Whenever I bump into another grower on the rare occasion or "weed connoisseur," we inevitably start discussing our personal tastes in the herb. Not surprisingly everyone who I get to talking with usely brings up Cookies or one of the many OG Hybrids, or some flavor of the week. NL being one of my personal favorites usualy ends up being the center of the chat, and then debate once brought up.
People often criticize that it's boring and lacks taste/smell. Then, they name off some modern polyhybrid and talk it up in high regard without even realizing that Nl is a major component to it.

It was one of the very first named weeds I encountered in my early days and continues to hold a place in my garden each season. It's resilient, hardy, and flat out gets you stoned. I have a little bit of a theory that it's outlasted many others because of it's sturdiness and fairly low odor for MJ. Kind of hard to keep a plant hidden that stinks up the block.

I have no doubt that NL will continue to survive into the future long after many of these hype strains are long forgotten about. It's still that good.

marmarb

Has anyone ran mel's 89 nl out of 1 pack only got 2 to sprout one runted out on me. The 2nd confirmed female after 9 weeks of veg

marmarb

Not very much brancing even with pinching still very little brancing. Will have to reverse her and sort thru some offspring.

Last edited:

marmarb

Oh shiit didn't realize you were running mel's gear nice.

Did you have issues with lack of brancing with her

marmarb

Okay cool I just topped her for the first time. Been vegging for 2 months now didnt get good germ rates on the 2 packs I popped so gonna use her as a mother plant.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I remember NL#5 from BCSC throwing out some serious fire. I was a fan for sure....

marmarb

The 89 is photo taken in tent the beefier one is a double purple doja both are from seed started the same day both are 27in tall. Being fed 6/9 rezipe no additives.

Attachments

• 20200119_122524.jpg
    20200119_122524.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200119_122658.jpg
    20200119_122658.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 24