What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me with this sick plants!!!

rasta_man

Hi

Can anyone please help me with this seek plants?:S
I really don't konow what's wrong.....

img3818.jpg

ganjamohanja

to be honest i don't think that your light is too close,i have a large wattage cfl (i have a 300w red spectrum)as well and i've got my plant's much closer to the light than you have, if the light is burning your plant's then it's because of lack of air flow around the bulb and plant's.

in your picture's i can only see 1 pc fan, is there any other ventilation in your grow space? if not then i recommend having that pc fan directly on the light to dissipate as much of the heat given off as possible.

licommo

in the box r 2 pc fans....u can see another one in the last photo in the lower left corner(under the screen)...i will try to direct the fan against the light....

licommo

but i am suspicius about the heat of light....i dont really think the light iz response to thiz problem...argh

burnt out og'er
Veteran
dude (with two 'or more' names),
The light/heat damage has been done. It's not going to change anything on the already damaged foliage.
Yes, get some more effective airflow (room intake and exhaust) if the temps at the top of your canopy are still running high.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
lilcomo, trust me when I say this, 10k is 100% correct about this issue; he knows his stuff in many many ways! his lights are too close.

Lack of air flow can't cause the issue you are seeing in those pictures, it can cause room temps to rise of course, but the issue you are seeing on his leaves is due to constant contact with light intensity causing dry heat and damaging the plants chlorophyll, and this you will see the leaves curl inwards to protect it and try to heal the damage, but since it's in a controlled environment the plant has no chance of healing/protecting other leaves from the same fate, unless the grower fixes the issue. The curling leaves is also a way to protect the plants moisture in the leaves, the intensity of the light will cause it to dry out, thus plants defense kicks in with the curl to try to protect the intensity in that area.

D.I.trY

try to lower the temps at the same time as having less ventilation over the plant leaves. This is also a contributing factor to moisture loss, causing the dried out and burnt appearance - and is often overlooked. The plants will create their own humidity and its often necessary to conserve some of it and not immediately replace the air around them. You can try cooling the light therefore by ducting airflow through a glass shielded hood.

I think this explanation fits better with your intuition that the light is not creating enough heat for it to be the culprit here.