What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ND. Diverse Growing 2017

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
7-16 Greenhouse update

7-16 Greenhouse update

Hello all, I hope all is well in your world. I just wanted to put up some pictures of the girls this week.

Acapulco Gold
Oaxacan
These are a couple of the Central American strains going. Peace

Sforza

Veteran
Your plants are looking very happy and healthy, farmerlion.

Only a matter of time now before you reap your harvest.

Will your greenhouse keep your sativa plants warm enough so that they can finish in the short North Dakota fall days?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
more pictures

more pictures

Michoacán Cream,
Orient Express x NepJam
Zamaldelica x Kali China
The Golden Tiger
:tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Sforza, They will have a propane furnace installed next month. It is connected to main exhaust fan and automated vent. The Acapulco Gold may take the longest going to December. Several will be finished at end of October. I better get my ass moving soon or the snow will be flying and I won't be ready. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Well right now snow isn't an issue. 100 degree days are. At least temps in the greenhouse are 100. As usual I'm busier than a Billy Goat with five peckers at a 4H convention. The Ace genetics have more than held their own recently. They will do so again this week I guess. It may be the weekend before I can update with a few more pictures. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Shits and giggles

Shits and giggles

Here is a couple updated shots.
A very happy Golden Tiger.
Left side.
Middle
Right side.
This is the Acapulco Gold.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
WEEKEND UPDATE

WEEKEND UPDATE

Thanks Sforza, The lateral branching is filling in all over.
Just a quick peek in the door. Time for their second watering of the day. Time to go enjoy the sun again. Another beautiful day in ND. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Packerfan79, Thanks my friend. Today the heat isn't as extreme so far. The girls had their morning watering and were looking very good. They have been going through 35 to 40 gallons of water a day between the 17 grow bags. One more month of heavy water use then it should slow up in September when temps come down. I will have to store heated water October, November and any still growing in December. You know how fast a jug of water freezes outside up here. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Missing Bluesfest to water the girls.

Missing Bluesfest to water the girls.

July 28-29 is Fargo Bluesfest. It is a blast and this year I won't be there. Major Bummer! I won't leave the girls un attended for two and a half days. So I bring you an update from the greenhouse.
This is the Orient Express x NepJam. I really like the genetics in this plant.
This is the Destroyer from CBG (Thai & Colombian) enough said. Hang on, Sit down and Shut Up!
These leaf sets are from a Acapulco Gold. These two plants are beautiful to look at.
Zamaldelica x Kali China. Running out of angles to get an entire plant photo in.
This incredible plant is Guawi (Guatemala x Malawi) 100% sativa Make your ribs hurt from laughing strong. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
No Bluesfest updates

No Bluesfest updates

This is Kali China x Malawi (KaliMist xChina Yunnan) x (Malawi)

Top and side view of the Angola x Kali China. This one is Angola dominant and should prove to be very special. The Angola Red hair sativa is one of the rarest genetics to obtain for any genetics library. I'm very honored to have some.
NepJam x Kali China
sun, fan leaf from the NepJam. (Highland Nepalese x Jamaican 85) x Kali China). Everything about these genetics is right. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
One more picture.

One more picture.

This is just a look in the door down center aisle. The first plant seen is the Golden Tiger. (Hmong & KoChang Thai) x (Old and New Malawi Killers).
I can't say enough about the genetics available at the Ace Seeds website. Quality, service and some more quality.
Have a great weekend and be safe. I'm still butt hurt about my decision to skip Bluesfest. But it's the right thing to do. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Plants waiting to flower

Plants waiting to flower

Hello to anybody strolling through!

I have a few plants that are begging to be flowered. They are some of my shorter flowering sativa ladies from Original Delicatessen or crosses with some O.D. genetics.
These are the Malawi(pink hair) x MaPettit.
This is the Lilly x MaPettit.
This is the Queen Mother. All of these plants should finish flowering in 9 weeks. The Malawi ph x MaPettit may go a week or so longer. It is Malawi dominant. I don't think it will push to more than 11 weeks. Have a great weekend Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
August 1st update

August 1st update

Well this morning was perplexing to say the least. I had a dilemma to deal with sooner than later. I had planted early as I would indoors. With the power of the sun for over three months. Many plants had grown beyond what I had flowering room for in the greenhouse. I topped 11 plants this morning. Taking between 1 1/2' and 2' off of each plant topped. They will have two to three weeks before the natural flowering cycle starts for recovery. With some strains I will be able to do side by side comparisons of topping and natural growth. This could be very valuable in future references for plant growth and harvesting techniques used. Some I may regret not trying another method. (learning curve) I did use Clonex when topping. I rubbed some on the open cut of the meristems. In an effort that the B vitamins would alleviate some stresses during healing and new bud growth sites.

This is a picture of room after topping the 11 plants. With flowering starting soon it will free up some much needed room for the girls to stretch. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Good Morning ICMag. Well good news and bad news today. Five strains have thrown out some pistils. I last checked two days ago. The (NepJam x Kali China both plants, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica x Kali China both plants, Michoacán Cream, China Yunnan).
The bad news is I tried to take some pictures and the settings on my camera are all messed up. I will try to get it corrected today. Peace

Sforza

Veteran
Good Morning ICMag. Well good news and bad news today. Five strains have thrown out some pistils. I last checked two days ago. The (NepJam x Kali China both plants, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica x Kali China both plants, Michoacán Cream, China Yunnan).
The bad news is I tried to take some pictures and the settings on my camera are all messed up. I will try to get it corrected today. Peace

That is good news. Now just keep them going until they fully flower. Are you using a blooming fertilizer on the plants now that they are going to bud?

Sforza

Veteran
Well this morning was perplexing to say the least. I had a dilemma to deal with sooner than later. I had planted early as I would indoors. With the power of the sun for over three months. Many plants had grown beyond what I had flowering room for in the greenhouse. I topped 11 plants this morning. Taking between 1 1/2' and 2' off of each plant topped. They will have two to three weeks before the natural flowering cycle starts for recovery. With some strains I will be able to do side by side comparisons of topping and natural growth. This could be very valuable in future references for plant growth and harvesting techniques used. Some I may regret not trying another method. (learning curve) I did use Clonex when topping. I rubbed some on the open cut of the meristems. In an effort that the B vitamins would alleviate some stresses during healing and new bud growth sites.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1769432&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1769433&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1769436&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is a picture of room after topping the 11 plants. With flowering starting soon it will free up some much needed room for the girls to stretch. :tiphat: Peace

You had to do some topping to give your plants some room to stretch. It may have been better to top sooner and do it more often in order to cause the plants to put out more budding sites and get wider instead of taller. But just as you are limited in how tall the plants can get, there is also only so much room for them to expand sideways as well.

I have never heard of putting clonex on a stem of a plants that has been topped. How is that working out? Doesn't clonex promote roots?