What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flash light?????????

puffdragon

k bulding my grow room and about done when i think about the fuse box. we are building sealed cover for this to protect it from moisture now the question is ifd i blow i fuse for some where elce in the house when the plants are in the dark. will a flash light hurt my plants is there a color of light that is better for a sneek entering in to the sleeping girls room???????

Rudedewd

Is your fuse box inside your grow area? Imo it's best to keep the grow away from any area that someone may need emergency access to. A green light would work to answer your question, I think you might be able to find them at a photo supply store but I would still seriously rethink having a grow that you have to get through to get to the fuse box. The same goes for a water heater, cable hook up etc, anything that a utility or emergency worker might have to get to even more so if the house is not yours.

Mr. Stinky

the only correct answer. if you can see your finger as its touching your eye ball, it way too bright in there. the color we see does not correllate to what the plants see. many other spectrums are emmited from a green party light, and all of them will shock your plants

S

sparkjumper

Man if you're going through there to replace a fuse or reset a breaker just use a damn flashlight its no big deal at all

puffdragon

k now realy confused.

not to worry about workers or any one elce getting in there i live on a farm they dont even come out to read my meter. and i do own it.

Burns2510

I actually disagree stinky, i've been using the green party bulb from walmart for a few grows to peek on them some times and i've never had a problem. It is a cheap light and works well, it will only slow plant growth down if you leave it on for a few hours. None of my plants became hermys with it.

Mr. Stinky

thats what a forum is all about....im glad you havent had trouble, and i hope you dont. i have personally seen the opposite result tho :smoke:

I agree with burns. I've had a green light from home depot that I use just incase I need to go in. I have never had a problem with hemies or noticable stress. Just don't forget to turn the time off when you leave the room or the added hours might create a problem.

L

LolaGal

Green CFL light for entering after dark. Or you can use a flash light if you take Green Saran Wrap and put a few layers over the end. :D

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I use a G.I. Joe flashlight with the green lens, it has the kung fu grip ya know. BC

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
green light over hear aswell..
is it not something to with the green spectrum in the light , with the plants being green themself thay just reflect the green light ....sure i read that somewhere or was i just dreaming :chin::drum:

keep it green
highlander

S

sparkjumper

I was under the impression he may possibly be "passing through" for a minute or two once in awhile,in which case a flashlight isnt going to hurt anything.If you're going to be in there several minutes every nite a say go with green