What's new

what can i clone

puffdragon

ok got about 7 inch plants want to clone to tell sex can i clone one of the fan leaves or do i have to have a top, or side branch with a top.would like to use fan leave to let the mom grow more, sorry this is my first grow.

MobbDeep

No you cannot clone fan leafs or any other single leaf..you can clone side shoot,or any other type of growing shoot..typically the lower side branches are best to clone..and cuttings with thinner stems root slightly faster...what I did was top my plants,and then use the peice cutting that I topped off..I rooted that..basically kill 2 birds with 2 stone..top your plants and clone them at the same time..

I wasnt too familiar with topping,but Im glad I did..now all my plants ahev ATLEAST 4 main thick stems..with tons of side shoots and bud sites EVERYWHERE...topping really is worth it..and its super easy..

JQP

There is a GREAT "sticky" up at the top of this forum called "Cloning with JJScorpio" or something like that. Read it and follow directions. Simple, cheap, easy.

Good luck!

JQ

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
No you cannot clone fan leafs or any other single leaf..you can clone side shoot,or any other type of growing shoot..typically the lower side branches are best to clone..and cuttings with thinner stems root slightly faster...

Actually, you can clone a leaf but, a rooted leaf is all you'll have. I prefer lower branches as I don't like topping but, I've found tops root in half the time as side stems.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Sorry but, that's the worst possible suggestion and helps no one. Never use Search if you want to find something! Use Advanced Search by Titles Only which can be found in the Search drop down menu.

MobbDeep

Sorry but, that's the worst possible suggestion and helps no one. Never use Search if you want to find something! Use Advanced Search by Titles Only which can be found in the Search drop down menu.

I completely agree..has this been brought up to the mods attention..every time you use basic search..the threads that pop up are threads that contains only the WORDS you searched for..this is highly innective way to search,..other forums search by thread TITLES and tags...that how it should be for this website..:wallbash:

Latest posts

Latest posts