What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

welcome to the auto flowering forum

Would it be ok if i asked you\someone to explain what auto flowering is? Because I know i cant be the only Tard on Icmag that has no idea what it is! Thanks Alot!!!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
autoflowering strains, ruderalis crosses. like lowrider. thats the only one i know of. i didnt think anyone would want an autoflowering plant since the yields are so low. flowers in 21 days from seed, finishes same amount of time i think?

i dont use those strains so i dont know.

killa-bud

Veteran
i think it might be for 12-12 from seed....not auto flowering plants.

it doesn't make much sense to have a whole fourm devoted to autoflowering strains,since it doesn't seem many people are growing them....:2cents:

Sleepy

Veteran
congratulations!!

congratulations!!

:woohoo:

i followed the link over here from the requesters' thread...

c'mon now, fill it up!!

heheh

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Why not have a auto forum I think should be the question. It's cool to see that there is one now. An auto flowering plant is just that: An AUTOflowering plant which means that it goes straight from seed to bud, also meaning you can run it under 24 hrs of light and it will still continually flower.. For some ppl it's all they can grow due to space... Also that can and most of the time are very good smoke. Hey If I can grow and smoke bud within 2 months of dropping a seed ..why not Not trying to be a dick or anything but Autoflowering is a whole growing style in its self.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
You would also be suprised to see how many ppl actually grow them though.

Rose56

I love them and you can get an ounce per plant with several AF strains. When they first hit the scene they were not very potent but that has changed. More and more seed banks are carrying them because they are starting to take off. You don't need to worry about light leaks you set them at 20/4 or 24/0 and in 8 weeks you harvest....great plants!

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
woo woo... we did it.. lets put this thing to use otherwise they will take it right back..

C

curts1

And for us living close to the Pole (North) they´re pretty much the only strains that will finish 100% even if the summer is bad -last year I tried Early Girl, Afghan and Lowryder 2 and only the LR2´s finished.

I´m really looking forward to the new hybrids and to refining my technique, that way I can maximise yield.

I guess this would also be the place for semi-autoflowering as in Typhoon, Swestar and some other Nordic strains?

Yellowmoon

:yeahthats

Great to find out that they've created this forum.

As far north as I live, you can pretty much only count on autoflowering strains to finish in time...

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Congrat's on your thread guy's:woohoo:

If anyone says you shouldn't have it the heck with them they don't have to hit this tread ,I'm not growing any of the AF but i heard the ruderalis strains is a diff. kinda high than sativas,indicas. IS this true ?

I N Hail (aka Kermit Greenskip)

Che

Veteran
Autoflower plants are very important to those who live in very harsh climates with short seasons. Also, they can benefit both micro and guerrilla growers by staying small and being harvested early. This is often a safety against later season harvest problems such as helicopters, hunters, and what ever else.

The only pitfalls that I see with AF plants, is you need lots of seeds, as they cannot be cloned and the yield is lower. This is easy to solve by doing a seed run...

Rose56

They are also great for winter indoor grows no matter where you live. I don't think the high is any different then non AF's most due tend to have a heavier indica influence though. Its really hard to compile a list of strains because there are so many but here are some I know:
Dieselryder
Snowryder
Auto AK-47
White Dwarf
Blueryder
Auto White Russian
Mighty Mite
Mdanzig's is working on a wonderful strain Sour Bubbleryder